My First turning point happened to me on August 13th. I was only ten my house caught on fire and all my electronics got burned up. Now that I sit back and think, I can see why it might have happened for a good reason. It happened because I used to value materialistic thing. God showed that I should always value my family not electronics. I learned all this one Sunday I had attended church with my grandma. The preacher had made his sermon about how not to value material things and to love our family. I haven’t valued any material things since that house fire. Getting closer to god had changed me in a good way.
My Second turning point in my life was whe...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... It is because of this, other terrorizing encounters, and his appearance, that he became known as the legendary Blackbeard. In between his adventurous sea expeditions, Blackbeard often stayed in the vicinity of North Carolina. This was common for pirates, as there were many inlets in the Outer Banks that allowed pirates to hide while repairing ships, as well as loot ships passing by. This was so common for Blackbeard that to this day there is an inlet known as, Teach's Hole. On top of this, the governor of North Carolina, Charles Eden, was a corrupt politician who allowed pirates to stay in his state as long as they gave him part of their bounty.... [tags: revenge, notorious, treachery]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- “Your life is based off of the decisions you make and the experiences you are a part of so you need to really make sure you enjoy it while you have it and don’t take it for granted.” Jeff LaCanne lives his life by that saying. He never takes anything for granted and preaches that most occasions only come once in a lifetime so you might as well make it something to remember. LaCanne was born in Windom on August 2nd, 1975. He attended high school in Windom, Minnesota, where he took part in loads of extracurricular activities.... [tags: High school, Extracurricular activity, Police]
1051 words (3 pages)
- One of the most heroic moments of the shooting occurred when Cho entered room 204. Inside, the professor, Liviu Librescu, braced his body against the door and shouted for his students to escape out of a second story window. Librescu valiantly gave his life to allow ten of his sixteen pupils to flee before Cho propelled his way through the door. Along with the professor, four of the his students from his class were wounded fatally, but Librescu’s sacrifice prevented the demise of many more. After the execution of thirty two individuals, Seung-Hui Cho committed suicide.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- Every day in our lives we encounter moments that have an impact on the way that we live and behave. Among those moments some definitely carry more weight that others and have a much greater impact on our psyche. One of the most significant moments in my life was when I was in the eleventh grade and had to attend my grandfather’s funeral. It led me to experience a lot of thoughts and emotions that had never crossed my mind before. I never personally had to think about death before, so it was something very challenging to deal with since I had never encountered such a tragic moment before.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Thought, Emotion]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- I’ve had many memorable moments in my life but the biggest one would be when my family adopted my little brother Bailey. I’ve known Bailey for most of my life because he was my cousin. I would’ve never thought that he would be my brother, I thought he was just an annoying little boy that we would see every Christmas. After time went on, I realized that he needed a family that genuinely loved him. Bailey is kind, loving, and passionate in everything he does, and is such an amazing impact on me and my family.... [tags: Sibling, Family, Thought, Need]
705 words (2 pages)
- I’ve had many memorable moments in my life, but the biggest one would be when my family adopted my little brother Bailey. I’ve known Bailey for most of my life because he was my cousin that we would see every Christmas. I would’ve never thought that he would be my brother, I thought he was just an annoying little boy even though he was only three years younger than me. After time went on, I realized that he needed a family that genuinely loved him.We started to become close after we stopped fighting all the time and eventually became best friends.... [tags: Family, Sibling, English-language films, Thought]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- Time Heals Everything Whenever we were kids, we didn’t quite understand situations as well as we would now as adults. No matter how many questions we asked at that young age, we were still left puzzled. That’s how I felt as a child whenever one of the most tragic moments in my life occurred. I was too young to see how severe the situation was at the time, but now, after growing up, I can understand the misery and depression my family felt. It was a scorching, summer day in the middle of August when I was mindlessly playing with my cousins in their rather large, spacious pool.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- Everyone has a memorable unforgettable moment in their life time and will charish that momement as long as they live. I am one of those many with a memorable loving moment. I will never forget it and happy to share it with others. It has been one of many favorite moment in my life. That it even open my heart to be happy and always thankful. Mexico, Oaxaca the two words that come to my mind. I was seven years old, when I over heard my parents talking at the dining table. Conversating about going to Mexico with the family.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Parent]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Moments of Life How does it seem to be that a natural man who has devoted his life to philosophy should be cheerful in the face of death. It seems that he is confident of finding the greatest blessing in the next world when his life is finished. Philosophy and religion have many differences pertaining to how you live your life and what happens to your soul when you die. Their ideas are so different, yet so alike. Living a philosophical life is to find the truth, to search for wisdom. The love and pursuit of wisdom is religious in a way.... [tags: essays research papers]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- All of us can probably point to one or two defining moments in our life. Mine came when I was running across a rooftop with a gun pointed at my back. Something inside me snapped and I just knew I didn't want this to be my life. I stopped running. I grew up on the streets of the city. Each neighborhood has its culture and so did mine. Ours included playing skellie with your friends while your older brother is twenty feet away on the street corner selling crack or weed, or heroin. Do you know what hustling is in the ghetto.... [tags: Personal Narrative, essay about myself]
873 words (2.5 pages)