Monitoring is kind of evaluation performed during the project implementation. The main purpose of monitoring is to improve project design and its function(Crawford & Bryce 2003). In order to test and monitor the progress of company’s ongoing project, there should be some objectives and assessment indicators. The indicators of monitoring are detailed characteristics which can use to assess the quality and performance of any project or company. These indicators should be set with key stakeholders of company. The importance of setting these indicators is due to following reasons:
• Useful for measuring the expected outcomes
• These indicators are helpful in making any change in objectives.
• Helpful in measuring the impact of interventions.
• Useful to monitor the performance of project.
The DataSpread will use following indicators for monitoring the performance of project.
Input indicators for monitoring are basically related to financial resources, equipment required for product launch or service, administrative and human resources(Fishman 2012). In DataSpread case we will consider the cost of our new technology (cloud back-up Service). How much finance the DataSpread need to develop this technology because in any project the cost of product or service is vey important, that will use the to measure the overall progress of that product or service. Secondly, we will also include the characteristics of targeting population that is what type of clients are eligible to use this technology. As we mentioned before that DataSpread will target the mature population like businessman, researchers. Its also very that before launching any product or service the company should...
... middle of paper ...
...ring evaluation we will assesses the ability of our executed service effects to last in the middle or long term after the financial assistance of an intervention has stopped.
DATA COLLECTION FOR FEEDBACK AND AMMENDMENTS
Data collection for monitoring and evaluation is very important for any feedback and intervention or amendments. Data about input and process indicators will get from project management records. While the data about output, outcomes and impact will be collected through survey and studies by using appropriate methods. These survey in term of questionnaires will conduct to know the responds of DataSpread cloud-backup services from customers and what are further of needs of customers. The data will interpret and summarize in intermediate stages. After monitoring and evaluation the results will use to make any kind of amendments by decision makers(CEO).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Use Case: Project Progress Reports One of the biggest problems with project management is updating, monitoring, and communicating the progress of a project. How often should progress be updated. How often should progress reports be distributed. To whom should the progress reports be distributed. In what form should the progress reports be distributed. What software programs can or should be used. What is the security level of project progress. As part of developing the need in the initial investigation step in the systems development life cycles (SDLC) process, a constructive method is use case.... [tags: Project Management]
946 words (2.7 pages)
- 3.4 Project Sponsor Communication In order to cater for the project sponsors busy and spontaneous schedule, the project sponsor and each team member has agreed that the two main forms of communication throughout this project are to be emails and face to face meetings. To maximise the communication between the project sponsor and the team members, face to face meetings are scheduled for every second Monday. Each meeting is to be half an hour. However, as the project sponsors schedule is subject to change these meetings are flexible and can be moved to different days, made shorter or longer or cancelled altogether if they are unnecessary at the time.... [tags: Project management, Problem solving, Risk]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- Project managers must possess the ability to use sound judgment based on the facts available to them, past experiences, and knowledge of current events to make effective decisions. Often, the success of project managers is based upon the outcomes of the decisions they did or did not make. As such, conducting performance assessments, during project implementation and after project completion, enables project managers and project stakeholders to accurately evaluate the success of the project. Projects are innately complex and multifaceted; therefore, project successes are difficult to measure and ascertain.... [tags: Project management, Management]
700 words (2 pages)
- In the business case, the project team assured that the current business environment, shortfalls in the service and finally the desired end state from business perspective are accurate. This helped us to define the performance indicators for the new project that served us in the functional verification of the project during the implementation phase. These details were captured into the Project Management Plan (PMP) to execute, monitor and control the project. To deliver the project successfully on budget and on time, my team used Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool to control project data and process, defining and tracking program deliverables and resource management against the budget.... [tags: Project management, Management, Risk]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Project Board makes the big decision about project and delegates authority to Project Managers. 4. Manage by Stages Project must be must be monitored and controlled in every stage. 5. Manage by exception Each time the Project Board want to move to next stage, they delegates authority to Project Managers by setting tolerances for cost, time, quality, scope, risk and benefits. 6. Focus on products Product produced must follow the scope of the project. Changes make for the product or scope must carefully consider the impact of project objectives.... [tags: Project in Controlled Environments Version 2]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- 1. Introduction Constant progress monitoring at construction sites is crucial to reducing cost and schedule overruns and enhancing quality control, documentation, and communication . Therefore, there has been extensive research on automating the monitoring processes to ensure that the project managers can make informed decisions and take preventive measures at the right time. The state-of-the-art technologies for automated progress monitoring mainly include radio frequency identification (RFID) and three-dimensional (3D) model-based approaches such as laser scanning and vision-based augmented reality methods.... [tags: Construction, Building, Project management]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- Some of the Key take away are 1. It is very much important to focus on the planning phase, before beginning a new project and we must understand the whole project lifecycle. 2. For a business case planning, its mainly required to determine the front-end effort 3. Building a project charter is an important aspect. In order to develop a project charter, require much knowledge regarding the whole project. We must define the content of a project charter, and stakeholder assessment matrix. 4. We can also extend the project proposal by outlining and adding more information to the project charter like Why Accountability, Business Process Not Working, Competition, Change, Congruency(ABCC) is requi... [tags: Project management, Management]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- Conclusions and Recommendations Main conclusions and recommendations associated with the propagation of this three-day project management training programme during 2017 for SkillPower’s approval and implementation are summarised in the following table, although it is appreciated that these need to be reviewed and revised as reality unfolds during 2017. In recognition of SkillPower’s limited resources, recommendations have been assigned an implementation priority of A for essential, B for important, and C for desirable.... [tags: Management, Project management, Marketing, Need]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- The purpose of determining requirements of procurement is that in this stage of the planning we decide on the direction we want the project to take. Important decisions need to be made regarding the resourcing of tasks, using internal capabilities or to procure those resources externally. When we are resourcing we are looking for the best way to get the work ahead completed. Using internal capabilities means that we use the resources that we already have to complete the work ahead and to procure resources externally means that we search for a supplier that will complete the work ahead to a satisfactory quality and schedule for an agreed cost.... [tags: Project management, Contract, Procurement]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Part A: Key stages involved in delivering major projects The scope of all projects is to deliver specific target and goals in the best possible way. As have been recognized, projects are dynamic and hide lot of risk and a more manageable way of delivering them was needed. The project life cycle is the series of these phases pass from the beginning of a project until it's closure (PMBOK, 2013, p.38). Each of the phases has a specific time and has also a beginning and an end. The standard project has usually four different stages: Initiating, Planning, Implementation and Closure.... [tags: initiation, planning, design, impmementation ]
517 words (1.5 pages)