Alcohol drinking is becoming one of the most severe issues in a developing teenager’s life. The benefits of alcohol for teenagers are miniscule and hundreds of thousands of teens participate in the drinking of it. In any one month, according to The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (U.S.) 31% of high school student’s binge drink at least once. Binge drinking is when a person drinks alcohol with the primary intention on being intoxicated. When going out, 31% of students drink with the intention of getting drunk. They also state, 11.4% of all alcohol consumed in the United States, is consumed by teenagers. Although drinking may seem like the cool thing to do as teenager, about 5,000 teens die every year due to alcohol use and death does not make a person cool. (“Teenage Drinking”) Another anonymous story says, “I had way too much and puked all over the bathro...
... middle of paper ...
...d drugs lead to, babies, prison, a disease, or even death. The ongoing issues all over the country are ruining our reputation and causing harm to teenagers all over. It is time for the teenagers all over America to take a stand in order to better our society. Through hard work and selflessness, America’s teens can better their lives and communities wherever they might live!
Gulli, CathyLunau, KateMacQueen, KenMcKinnell, Julia. "Suddenly Teen Pregnancy Is Cool? (Cover Story)." Maclean's 121.3 (2008): 40. MAS Ultra - School Edition. Web. 5
"Know the Facts." Stay Teen. N.p., n.d. Web. 05
"Marijuana." NIDA for Teens. N.p., n.d. Web. 05
"Teenage Drinking FactsThe Effects Of Teenage DrinkingTeenage Drinking Statistics." Teenage Drinking Facts. N.p., n.d. Web.
"Teen Alcohol Related Deaths." - Teen Alcohol Abuse. N.p., n.d. Web. 05
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Advertising is the modern substitute for argument; its function is to make the worse appear the better” (George Santayana). Today advertisements are more prevalent than ever. Nearly 10% of large companies’ revenue is spent marketing their products to specifically reach a particular group. There are several ways in which companies market their products: television, online, or visual advertisements, including billboards and newspapers. Most advertisements are made to target a younger demographic.... [tags: visual advertisement, drugs]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Sex trafficking is a global issue that involves a form of coerced sexual exploitation, which is not limited to prostitution. Victims of sex trafficking are stripped of their basic human rights and forced to live a life of modern slavery. The U.S. State Department (Stop Child Trafficking Now, 2012) has stated that human trafficking is “one of the fastest growing crimes in the world.” It it hard to put a number on how on many people are living inside the sex trafficking industry for many reasons, one being that not all victims come forward.... [tags: Human trafficking, Prostitution, Slavery, Abuse]
1465 words (4.2 pages)
- The epidemic of sex trafficking has become bigger than some ever knew. Most people are unaware that this horrific way of life is so prevalent not only in other countries, but right in their hometown. Since 2007, the National Human Trafficking Resource Center hotline has received reports of 14,588 sex trafficking cases inside the United States. These numbers have increased in the past few years and it is shocking how those who are in the industry are still getting away with it. Many social problems line the streets and neighborhoods in the United States.... [tags: Human trafficking, Slavery, Prostitution]
2203 words (6.3 pages)
- Horror movies have been part of mainstream cinema since the early 1930s when films such as Dracula and Frankenstein were created. As the horror genre evolved, so did the stories in the films. Friday the 13th (Marcus Nipsel, 2009) is a very good example of this evolution. Even though it is a remake, Friday the 13th changed the way horror movies were seen by the audience. The ideas and theory behind this slasher sub-genre of horror films can be summed up in a book. Carol Clover, an American professor of film studies, wrote a book in 1992 entitled Men, Women, and Chainsaws: Gender in the Modern Horror Film in which she described the horror film genre.... [tags: Film Review]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Vaclev Havel (1988) wrote, "The tragedy of modern man is not that he knows less and less about the meaning of his own life, but that it bothers him less and less" (p. 237). I agree with Havel to a point on this matter. Do I attribute it to ALL of modern man. No, but I believe that a large majority can be lumped into this category. And I hate to say it, but I believe a lot of Christians fit into this grouping as well. I think we are ever increasingly reverting or converting into a Babylonian-like society.... [tags: Meaning of life, Human, Morality, 2004 singles]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- When one thinks of slavery in America, Often times we assume slavery in America ended in 1865 when The Civil War ended and The Thirteenth Amendment abolished slavery throughout the United States (“ History of slavery in America”, 2013). Truth be told, modern day slavery still very much exists in America; we now call it “Human trafficking”. Human trafficking is considered one of the fastest growing criminal industries today, while there is not an exact number of how many people are being trafficked in the United States, the Polaris project for a world without slaves writes, The U.S.... [tags: slavery, pimps down]
1885 words (5.4 pages)
- On planet Earth, billions of people engage in sexual intercourse. This is because of the subconscious need humans have to reproduce and ensure the survival of their species. However, the benefits of abstaining from sexual relations of any kind until married outweigh the benefits of non-abstinence from sex. In the modern era, abstinence from sex before marriage is preferable to non-abstinence from sex before marriage. The prevention of unplanned pregnancies, dangerous sexually transmitted diseases, and internet pornography addictions are reasons why abstinence should be chosen over non-abstinence.... [tags: Pro Abstinence Essays]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- A Historical Perspective on Modern Day Slavery For the last decade, the trafficking of people for the purposes of both labor and sexual exploitation has been at the forefront of several governments as well as non- government agencies worldwide. There has been some coverage in the media inferring to the possibility that there is an issue with the United States’ (U.S.) boarders. However, the U.S has been significantly less visible in comparison to other nations when compared to other countries such as Japan, France, and Canada.... [tags: Human trafficking, Prostitution, United States]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- According to Karin Lehnardt from Fact Retriever in “five years or less, it has been predicted that human trafficking will surpass the drug trade”. As indicated on hopeforjustice.org, noun human trafficking is “the illegal movement of people, typically for the purpose of forced labor or commercial sexual exploitation.” If one was to know how large the drug trade is, you would understand how devastating this statistic is. “Human trafficking has become a modern form of slavery”, quoted from the Polaris website.... [tags: Human trafficking, Slavery, Rape, Prostitution]
1520 words (4.3 pages)
- Even though the first amendment states freedom of expression, statistics show rape and sexual assault numbers have risen due to the presence of rape culture in modern society. Rape culture promotes more assaults and violent acts, not only towards women but also towards men. Some evidence rape culture is present in today’s society are rising statistics showing that only three out of a hundred rapists see jail time and that over 17 million American women are victims of sexual assault every year. Rape culture is seen in every aspect of daily American life, even if people do not realize it.... [tags: rape culture, femisim, sexual assault]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- Classism in The Great Gatsby and A Streetcar Named Desire
- Minorities in College: Sports Should NOT Be the Only Avenue to Success
- Why Farmers Utilize Suboptimal Methods
- Chinese Economic Reform: The Late 1970's to Present
- The Cobb-Douglas Production Function for South Africa
- The Importance of Culturally Competent Nursing Care