John Galliano is one of Britain 's most influential fashion designers who has gained admirable success from his vast collections as well as working for top fashion houses such as Givenchy and Christian Dior. Evident from his success Galliano’s collections have not failed to innovate, each collection offering a theme rich with history and manipulated with his theatrical influences, particularly one that was developed from his time as a dresser at the London national theatre. Galliano b...
... middle of paper ...
...tributed to his growing profile in which has lead him to become an award winning designer and had a significant impact in the interest of his designs.
Through out John Gallianos work it is clear of his love of historicism and fantasy, which he has often referred to in his work. His attention to detailing and tailoring has played a crucial role in his success as a designer and as a leading fashion icon. He will certainly be remembered as one of the most innovative and unique designers of the twentieth and twentieth first century through his extravagant collections and runways shows. Not only has Galliano revolutionised fashion worldwide through creating some of the most beautiful yet daring clothes but he has undoubtedly contributed to the ways in which we dress. His willingness to experiment has inspired a generation of young designers and will to those yet to come.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Clothing has always been an important part of society, with evidence from the earliest human civilizations. In history, climate, religion and political factors played a role in the fabrication, styling and even color of the garments that people wore. Today, the fashion industry is multi-faceted, and while climate and religion are still some factors in how we dress, there are many more influences in what we choose to wear. Time and time again, designers reference historical styles and push them into modern trends.... [tags: Fashion]
1985 words (5.7 pages)
- Having been a dancer for several years and a budding fashion designer, it has always eluded me why there is rarely a clear direct link between the two. Occassionally, dance dabbles in fashion, seeping in through sportswear and some flashy television commercials, but it’s rare to find any more depth in it. Fashion appears to found in dance, but most of this comes in the form of costumes for shows. My own experience of semi-professional urban dance styles only touches the surface of dance as a whole, and by no means is a fair representation of it, but it’s enough to have intrigued me to find out more.... [tags: Fashion]
2119 words (6.1 pages)
- The word fashion trends mean a change of clothing style. The first fashion capital of the world was Paris, France. The ‘Belle Epoque’ was the very first fashion trend. In the early 20th century, women had a conservative figure to concentrate on their body figure. A new style was born in the roaring 20’s, was brought the beginning of modern fashion. The roaring 20’s was known for the flapper skirts, gathered skirts, pleated skirts, higher hemlines, and low-cut necklines. The era of the Great Depression became known for its sophisticated Garbo look, where nylon stockings became trendy.... [tags: Fashion ]
1444 words (4.1 pages)
- Chanel’s Influence on Fashion Coco Chanel was one of the most influential fashion designers of the Twentieth Century and she was the first significant female fashion designer. The fashion world was impacted by Chanel’s phoenix like return to fashion after her retirement in 1953. Chanel introduced men and women to practical yet elegant styles. Although Chanel has been deceased for forty-one years her undeniable influence on fashion and women’s roles in society will be remembered for generations to come.... [tags: Style, Fashion]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- The Role of Fashion Promotion Within the Fashion Industry I am going to write about what the role of fashion promotion is within the fashion industry and discuss how it might develop in the next five years. To do this I shall review what fashion promotion is by defining it and finding out how, when and where it started. To understand what fashion promotion really is in a contemporary context I shall broadly look at how it is used and what many forms it has taken since the beginning up until the present day.... [tags: Fashion Industry Style ]
1758 words (5 pages)
- ... Most of this design was created with sea foam green silk gauze, which then was interwoven with silver and blue thread, and then turquoise, pink, and peach beading that was symmetrically placed. Both designers diverged from the confining and tight-fitting corsets and aimed to create comfortable yet elegant clothing that mirrored the free and self-sufficient attitudes rising in woman. Both of the designers’ designs have dropped waste lines. However, Poiret’s radical design uses opulent and luxurious fabric and materials and is focused on the decorative aspect.... [tags: influential French fashion designers]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- It is common knowledge that graphic design works parallel to false advertising. Consumers are exposed to a multitude of brands every day, each with the purpose to manipulate or convince the population into buying or supporting their products (Holland 2001. 3); it this competitive field that has led to deception within the media. The term False Advertising is applied to this situation, where deceptive information can lead to consumption and beliefs that “may not occur without the influence of the ad” (Xie 2015, 281).... [tags: Graphic design, Advertising, Typography, Design]
1066 words (3 pages)
- The specialization and individualized professions in the field of Technical Theatre are relatively new to the stage in comparison to the period of time in which the art of Theatre has grown. Aiding in the development of concentrated professions such as scenic design has been a plethora of talented, skillful, intelligent and highly driven individuals. Among these influential fountains of creativity have been John Lee Beatty, Eugene Lee, Boris Aronson, Ming Cho Lee, Jo Mielziner, Tony Walton, Robin Wager, John Napier, Santo Loquasto, Heidi Landesman, and Julie Taymor along with many more.... [tags: theatre, drama]
2046 words (5.8 pages)
- Fashion takes on many different facets and concerns many subsets— a model sashaying down the runway in a gown encrusted in real gems, Lady Gaga’s infamous dress made of cuts of raw beef, a teenage girl obsessing over the season’s latest styles— it is all an expression of our minds and who we are or want to be, made tangible. It is a medium just like any other, for while artists wield brushes and paints, designers use thread and cloth to illustrate their vision. The artistry is none more so apparent than in the exclusive world of haute couture, a world of extravagance that caters to aesthetics, producing one-of-a-kind wearable masterpieces that are made to be admired rather than worn.... [tags: social issues, lady gaga]
1515 words (4.3 pages)
- Through out the renaissance era, the renaissance fashion had varieties of the different styles. The styles from Italian and Germanic designers had their influence over European wear. Both Italian and Germanic designers brought something new and thrilling era of Renaissance fashion clothing. In that time period fashion for the wealthy often meant spending most of their money on clothes. They mostly wear dark colors or jewels that were sewn into the clothing. But the richer you were the fabric was more expensive.... [tags: European Renaissance Essays]
824 words (2.4 pages)