Mobile Phone Privacy Issues, by “Calin Gurau”.
First of all cellular phones has become a major part of our day-to-today lives and routine. For instance, cellular phones are widely used in our everyday lives for multiple purposes such as texting, calling, gaming, social networking etc. Over the years cellular phones have modernized with advanced technologies, but they are still major security concerns over invasion of privacy.
According to Calin Guarau (2007), “Privacy was constantly considered a central issue in relation to the use of information and communication technologies. However, its meaning has evolved in direct relation to the social transformations determined by the evolution of technology.” The instance of cellular phones is indicative of the benefits and also together with the disadvantages of identity theft, hacking, threats of private data. The clear disadvantages of the privacy invasion should be decreased to reduce the threats of hacking and cyber-attacks.
As cited from to Calin Guarau (2007), “The future developmen...
... middle of paper ...
...Cheng and Y.Wang (2006), “Security in e-health is an integrated concept requiring the confidentiality, accountability, integrity, and availability of medical data.”
Next, the use of firewalls to prohibit unapproved users to gain access to the network’s data. With the introduction of biometric systems which includes the use of fingerprints, facial recognition, voice commands etc, all in which to help prevent threats and unauthorized access. According to J.Cheng, Q.Cheng and Y.Wang (2006), “A healthy security system requires not only the measures to prevent current threats, risks, and attacks, but also reasonable protections against future generations of attacks and misuses”. Furthermore, as the security system enforced to protect private data, users must also have full confidence of the security application in order to provide personal information.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I have been interested in computer security for a while now. So that’s why I chose to research on some security and privacy issues that are challenging. For example using our cellular phones, playing games online, shopping online and even our private health data, can be invaded by unauthorized users. Therefore, in order to obtain personal data and information in which they can share to other unauthorized persons. These are threats and security issues that we face daily when using our devices and also using the internet.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- Once upon a time the workplace was a place where employees did not have to worry about technology or the invasion of privacy. More and more companies are implementing systems to track their employees’ time while on the clock. Everything we do on a daily basis has some sort of a monitoring system. Whether we are on a cell phone, a public computer or just at home watching television on a Smart TV we unknowingly send information through the internet for others to be able to track. So it was only a matter of time before employers would do the same at their business in order to protect the privacy of the company.... [tags: Employment, Mobile phone]
1701 words (4.9 pages)
- ... For example, an animated advertisement on a static web page may increase fixation since the motion will grab the user’s attention throughout the search process. Fixation location involves the part of the visual range that the studied person fixates on. Commonly, the areas that eyes fixate on are the most important due to experience, curiosity, shock, and significance. It has been more than a century that psychologist use eye tracking for psychoanalysis. Complex psychological profiles can be created from people by using eye movement analyzing.... [tags: wearable computer, privacy, secrecy]
1733 words (5 pages)
- Title: Unexpected Privacy Breaches from Technology Summary: Recent news about privacy and security concerns focus on "smart" machines, public Wi-Fi connections, use of biometrics by law enforcement and phone-transcription software. Devices with sensors and automatic monitoring capabilities generate substantial risks of compromising you and your family 's privacy and security. The Internet of Things -- meant to make life easier -- often only makes marketing and sales easier for companies. There are dozens of apps and devices that can generate security risks, and material about you is often used and published without your knowledge or approval.... [tags: Internet, Computer security, Internet privacy]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Cell phones are all the rage, everyone has one and wants the newest coolest one. “90% of American adults own a cell phone, and well over half have a smart phone.” (Kresser). Everyone can not go a day without there phone, nine year olds are getting iPhones. What if I told you that these small devices were harmful. These mini computers are invading our privacy, exposing our location to potentially predators, hurting our emotional health, and posing risks with usage in the car. The app we use everyday can see everything we do.... [tags: Mobile phone, Rotary dial, Text messaging, IPhone]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Privacy Issues with Microsoft Windows 10 Windows 10 is a computer operating system that was made and introduced by the Microsoft Corporation (McGrath & Price, 2016). Windows 10 is one of the Windows NT operating systems. The operating software was introduced to the globe on September 2014. The release of the software to the users later followed on July 2015. The Microsoft Corporation made sure that the software was released for free to the various users of candid copies of Windows 7 and 8.1. Upon release, the software received global praise for the various embedded applications that were more efficient when compared to the old versions.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft, Microsoft Windows]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction. In the word today the use social media and smart phone are on the rise in the healthcare setting, social media is no longer an alternative tool in the healthcare, as it allows the nurse and all the health care group share information, ideas and professional experiences through online communication, social media provides a number of benefits including the marketing of brands like the major health care brands do. In fact, most businesses and professional organizations currently taking benefits of using the use social media for their marketing, which will connect with their consumers.... [tags: Health care]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- In the world today the use social media and smart phone are on the rise in the healthcare setting, social media is no longer an alternative tool in the healthcare, as it allows the nurse’s and all the health care group share information, ideas and professional experiences through online communication, social media provides a number of benefits including the marketing of brands like the major health care brands do. In fact, most businesses and professional organizations currently taking benefits of using the use social media for their marketing, which will connect with their consumers.... [tags: Health care]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- The initial start of medical mobile devices began with Apple demonstrating how blood pressure and glucose levels could be monitored on devices via cables or Bluetooth (Pai 2013). Aside from all of the fitness trackers that are blowing up on the app market, several other health related apps have come into play as well ranging from diet and fitness trackers to pulse oximeters and blood pressure readers. It all started in 2009 when at a World Wide Developers Conference Scott Forstall, the Senior Vice President (SVP) of iPhone Software for Apple explained how the new Apple Operating System (OS) would allow external medical devices and monitors to stream together via Bluetooth or USB cables.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Physician]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- Today, there are many threats to information systems and the information contain contained on the servers by customers and employees. There are major privacies issues facing organizations from hackers, employees, natural disasters, and other threats. Some of the privacies issues can be risk to the sporting goods store and justify the concerns of the CEO. There are security risks and application laws which governs the privacy risks. Security measures can be implement by organizations which can mitigate the risk to private information.... [tags: technology, hackers]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- College Education : An Essential Part Of Life
- The Role Of Student Athlete Gender On Social Capital Within The Team Setting
- Educational Presentations For Otc Safety
- Writing And The Writing Process
- A Project Of The World Bank Or The Imf That Created Problems For The Nation That Received Its Assistance
- Why Pay Full Price For Items And Services