You can order local, regional or national mobile phone network coverage. Long distance and roaming fees are charged by most carriers, but if you can find a local or regional plan you can save a lot of money. Coverage charges can add up quickly so estimate the number of minutes you will need. If you exceed the allotted minutes, the provider will let you upgrade to more minutes. The minutes will be used on both incoming and outgoing calls. Most carriers have coverage maps on their websites. A prepaid cell phone eliminates the need to be locked into a contract.
There is no mobile phone network coverage in a dead zone. These are both indoor and outdoor problem locations where a signal is not available. Calls are often dropped in certain buildings, homes and outdoor locations across the nation. It is very frustrating when you experience no coverage from your home, office or car due to inconsistent service. Cell phones need towers and antennas for calls to go through. More cell phone towers will have to be built to eliminate the gaps in coverage. Cities that host the towers will benefit from the additional revenue the towers gener...
... middle of paper ...
...ut I never know if I am in the correct area. Supposedly if I am outside the area I see a roaming indicator on the phone which just may be the letter 'R’. When I see the 'R', any calls will be charged at the roaming rate unless my plan has no roaming minutes. If that is the case I can not make or receive any calls.
Most networks have coverage checker so I can check the mobile phone coverage in my area. All I have to do is enter the postal code to see the coverage I can expect. I can get information on the regular 2G coverage for calls and texts as well as 3G coverage. It is also a good idea to ask people in the area if they find the signal strength adequate. The mobile signal strength depends on the provider and where you are. If you want to upgrade to browse the internet or download music videos, you need to make sure there is a strong 3G signal in the area.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Egypt's Leading Mobile Phone Networks In this paper I hope to address a serious issue concerning our economy; for aid I will be using two industrial giants found lurking within the shadows of the societal financial system. MobiNil® and Click® are two of the largest cell phone companies established in Egypt. Everyday, hundreds of more customers join Egypt’s leading mobile phone network Click GSM, which has recently connected the customer number 250,000. Ostensibly speaking, the two businesses appear to have several differing elements in the packages that they distribute, but, in all reality, they are quiet equivalent in the conquering business mentality that they possess.... [tags: Papers]
2254 words (6.4 pages)
- Networks communicate using the TCP/IP which allows for them to transmit and receive data from another computer on the same TCP/IP Network types Network types consist of LAN and WAN network types which are determined what they are based on the size of the area they are traveling in. LAN is what connects computers in a small local area. This will need to be used in college so that the computers in the college are able to communicate with the other computers in the local area. This will also allow the computers in the local area to connect to the printers which are on the network.... [tags: Internet, Computer network, Mobile phone]
1524 words (4.4 pages)
- Introduction Wireless communication has improved dramatically in the last few years. Their networks are indispensable providing the means for mobility, city-wide Internet connectivity, distributed sensing and outdoor computing . It allows the transfer of messages between people that are on the other side of the world. Without wireless communications people would not have a lot of the devices many 21st century citizens could not live without, namely the smartphone. It is also required for devices using Bluetooth, remote controls, Wi-Fi; really any electrical devices that communicate via a wireless or wired channel .... [tags: Mobile phone, Internet, Wireless, Bluetooth]
2282 words (6.5 pages)
- In the world we live in today, it seems that you almost cannot buy a piece of electronic equipment that does not contain some kind of wireless capability. Back when wireless internet first became available to the average consumer it was confined to our home network. As the technology continued to become more and more advanced, the wants of the consumer continued to grow to where we are today. Next time you decide to upgrade your cell phone, look and see how difficult it is to find one that is not a smart phone.... [tags: Mobile phone, Bluetooth]
2017 words (5.8 pages)
- The History of Mobile Technology Cell phone technology is based on radio technology. Most early cell phones could only be used in cars because of the enormous battery power requirement. They were also large, heavy, and bulky. For example, the first mobile phone designed by Ericsson in 1956 weighed 88 pounds. By 1967, mobile phone technology was available. However, the mobile phone would work in one cell phone calling area only. It stopped working once the user moved a certain distance away from the assigned calling area.... [tags: Mobile phone, Smartphone, GSM, IPhone]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- Smartphones are mobile handsets that have enhanced functionalities that enable the user to carry out a wide range of activities using the phone. The evolution of the phone technology started in mid-2000’s, with the Blackberry Corporation as the pioneer in making phones that would be used for extra purposes like reading emails and accessing company networks. Blackberry has since exited the scene, and the world of mobile phone computing is ruled by Apple Inc and Samsung Corporation (Martin). There are tens of companies in the smartphone making industry that target different consumers across the world.... [tags: Mobile phone, Communication, Smartphone]
836 words (2.4 pages)
- The Increase in the use of applications on mobile computing and also user needs like portable cell phones and devices will increase the need for the mobile wireless networks in the upcoming years. Cell Phone users will assume more bandwidth and less amount of delays in the cell phone network. All these expectations and assumptions will increase in the infrastructures of mobile industries which will eventually lead to the discharge or emission of carbon dioxide. We can say that by 2020, 181 Megatons of carbon dioxide is emitted by mobile networks, which is almost equal to triple.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Carbon dioxide]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- Introduction From the ancient days human being has invented many new methods for communication in order to transfer their messages to each other. Now we can see that there are many methods using which we can establish effective communication. One of those reliable methods of communication is Mobile Ad Hoc network (MANET). It is also referred as Mobile mesh network. It is an automatic-configured network of mobile devices which are connected by the wireless links. It is a new technique of wireless paradigm for the mobile hosts.... [tags: protocol developers, applications]
2277 words (6.5 pages)
- The mobile telecommunications industry in Ireland has always been a competitive and rapidly changing industry. It has changed considerably from it’s initial birth with only one competitor, to it’s liberalisation in 1998, all the way through to the introduction of MVNO’s in the 2000’s. Mobile penetration has increased from 42 % in 2000 (Telecommunications and Internet Federation, 2005) to almost 97% of Irish adults owning a mobile phone now in 2013. (Irishexaminer.com, 2013) In order to fully understand the rapid development of this industry and the future of it, we must first look at its history in 1998.... [tags: Mobile Network, Firm Strategy]
2115 words (6 pages)
- The world today, cell-phone like the android or iphones are being used to relay message back to others and being a device that is similar to having a mobile computer. Even though cellular phones are beneficial, there are conspiracies of harmful usage of the cell phone that can lead to people wondering, is it true or not. Cell-phone are known to cause a higher risk of brain cancer due to the belief that non-ionizing radiation from the radiofrequency of the device(Cell Phones, 1). Even though this was stated to be true, studies have claimed that cell phone can not be proven to be a dangerous device, but people like Dr.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network]
1934 words (5.5 pages)