West Liberty Liaison
St. Pat’s Liaison
What has been your experience with Mobile Clinic so far?
-Clinics volunteered at, specialized training, general impression, etc.
Joining Mobile Clinic has been a great decision. I heard great things about the program through my first-year seminar, Journey to Medical School. I immediately wanted to become involved with the clinic and emailed the undergraduate liaison. During my orientation for Mobile Clinic, I learned a lot about the work that went into the clinics and knew that I wanted to be involved. So far, I have received specialized training in takings vitals. Learning the ins-and-outs of taking vitals was truly fascinating. Along with that, I was a part of the Mobile Clinic Trick-or-Treat Fundraiser. I helped flyer for the fundraiser and assisted in trick-or-treating for the donations. Trick-or-treating for the donations was definitely my favorite part. Getting to talk with the community about all the good that Mobile Clinic is doing was a rewarding feeling.
What strengths do you bring to the leadership team? Weaknesses?
Strengths that I would bring to the leadership team include: positivity, responsibility, and organization. I have always been an extremely positive person. When things become stressful or overwhelming, my positivity tends to kick in and I try to look at the bright side of things. This would assist a leadership team, as success sometimes involves disappointment along the way. Responsibility is a valued strength to apply to a leadership team because with a leadership position comes a lot of responsibility. Throughout my life, I have been known as being extremely responsible in all matters. I take things seriously, but...
... middle of paper ...
...s resonated with me on many different levels. I recognized the feeling of being able to help others in a way more important than myself and it made me realize this feeling was what I wanted to feel for the rest of my life. After this moment, I began striving to help others in any way that I was able to.
What ideas do you have to improve Mobile Clinic for the future? How would you make that happen?
Mobile Clinic is already extremely successful and truly making a difference within the surrounding areas. One idea that I do have for Mobile Clinic would be to expand the locations that clinics are located at. What Mobile Clinic is doing for these communities is amazing and I feel we should try to expose more areas to these benefits. I would make this happen by assisting in any way possible to help chose a new location and to put in the work needed to make it plausible.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mobile Application were designed to be used on smart phones, tablets and any other hand held devices. Mobile Applications have become such a viral thing in today’s century. Mobile Communication has integrated so much in our lives we almost feel incomplete if we were to leave our cell phones at home. When mobile apps were first created it were just the basic applications on your software such as, calculator, calendar and clock. The first cell phone manufactured was the Motorola Brick this phone was just a simple operating system whereas it was only use for calling and the only application was the contact list.... [tags: Operating Systems, Mobile Applications]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- The product that this company will be providing is a software application that can be placed on your mobile device in addition to being able to be accessed online. Users will download the application from our website directly allowing for them to select the application that fits their needs. For the first product line we will be targeting provincial meat processing plants. This product line will allow for the users to easily complete government required paperwork. There will be three versions of this software.... [tags: System software, Application software]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- associated with a closing, paperwork involved, and home inspections that usually occur during this process. The section involving homeowner expenses will touch on the cost of home ownership such as different forms of insurance, cost of taxes, and possible cost of replacing appliances. The application will also offer a question and answer section. This section will have frequently asked questions along with answers. This is an innovation because it supplies information on all the aspects that first time home buyers have questions regarding.... [tags: Mobile phone, Smartphone, IPhone]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- Recruiters are great to have in your corner when looking for a new position. Employers don’t always advertise job openings instead, they hire a professional recruiter. The people who make up this resourceful position keep an extensive network of contacts, know where open positions are, and are trained to place applicants into the best fit position. Professional Recruiters will typically specialize in one career field. They will know which companies are hiring for those specific positions. If you are looking for multiple positions in multiple fields, you will want to work with more than one recruiter.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Want, Need]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- The Increase in the use of applications on mobile computing and also user needs like portable cell phones and devices will increase the need for the mobile wireless networks in the upcoming years. Cell Phone users will assume more bandwidth and less amount of delays in the cell phone network. All these expectations and assumptions will increase in the infrastructures of mobile industries which will eventually lead to the discharge or emission of carbon dioxide. We can say that by 2020, 181 Megatons of carbon dioxide is emitted by mobile networks, which is almost equal to triple.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Carbon dioxide]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- For the past two months, I have been using the mobile application SideChef weekly to plan for meals. After unsuccessfully trying to find a suitable application to find quick, nutritious and easy recipes to make, I stumbled across SideChef. Once I downloaded this app, I had low expectations for it since it is free. However, this prejudgment against it was wrong as I was enthralled by the beautiful interface within the app. SideChef was inspired by Kevin Yu after unsuccessfully attempting to making a palatable Valentine’s Day dinner for his girlfriend.... [tags: Cooking, Nutrition, Food, Recipe]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- Most people despise their wireless phone carriers; this particular observation is anything but a newsflash. Cellular customers complain about their wireless phones and devices daily without actually making a remote attempt to do a thing about it. The number one most common complaints about cell phones are that they have unbelievably ludicrous price tags. Every cell phone generation gets more “spectacular” and more expensive with each released model under not just one, but every wireless branch. A cell phone alone is pretty costly.... [tags: Mobile phone, Mobile network operator]
1470 words (4.2 pages)
- 2.1 Handheld Mobile Devices and Mobile Applications 2.1.1 Defining Handheld Mobile Devices The medium for mobile applications is a mobile device. While the functions of mobile devices vary, the key criteria such a device must fulfil is portability. To that extent, mobile devices have been described as ‘interactive wireless media’ (Haghirian and Madlberger 2005, 2). Mobile devices offer a range of capabilities, but essentially they allow access to data and information with the opportunity of being used in a variety of environments (ISACA 2010, 2).... [tags: Technology, Mobile Applications]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- Is mobile-based applications effective tool on glycemic control (HbA1c) in managing type 2 diabetes mellitus in younger adult patients . Hypothesis Mobile-based applications may be an effective tool to help control HbA1c and could be considered as an adjuvant intervention to the standard self-management in younger adult patients with type 2 diabetes. E. Methods and Procedures Research study design A six months Randomized control study can be conducted to assess whether mobile-based applications is effective tool on glycemic control (HbA1c) in managing type 2 diabetes mellitus in younger adult patients.... [tags: Diabetes mellitus, Diabetes, Blood sugar]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- Platforms consist of operating systems. A mobile operating system is the software that controls all basic operations. It allows for the installation and execution of apps. Operating systems often have toolkits that allow for the applications to communicate with each other. Android OS is the largest operating system. Android OS uses an open source operating system under Google. While the core operating system is open, other parts are licensed. An Android trademark cannot be used unless it is certified by Google against the Compatibility Definition Document (CDD) (Healey, 2014, Chapter 6, p.... [tags: Platforms, Operating Systems, software]
1719 words (4.9 pages)