In other words, mobile security may also mean ways in which mobile devices authenticate users and restrict or protect any access to the data store on the devices using personal identification numbers (PINs). Also, using passwords, pattern screen locks as well as other advanced forms of authentication, including fingerprint readers, eye scanners and other means of biometric readers. Mobile security is related to mobile device management. Mobile device management (MDM) applies to protecting devices in the business environment from any loss or theft and at the same time protecting the data stored on the devices. Cloud security or cloud computing security is a developing sub-domain of network security, computer security or the broader information security (Martin, 2013). The concept can be used to refer to a wide range of policies, controls and technologies that are designed to protect applicati...
... middle of paper ...
... must determine security requirements. On the other hand, custodians must manage security as per the set requirements. At the same time, users of information should access it as required. Different information has a different value. The value of particular information determines the protection level. The protection levels dictate the procedures to be undertaken.
In 2012, SearchSecurity.com conducted a poll that brought together four hundred and eighty-seven IT security professionals and managers. The enterprise mobile security survey highlighted top five mobile device security concerns. First, the pool found out that device loss was one of the greatest concerns (Wang & Du, 2013). For instance, an employee who loses a smartphone or tablet may be risk important customer information or even intellectual property. Such incidences have led to high-profile data breaches.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- An efficient traceable access control scheme with reliable key delegation in mobile cloud computing In this article the author talked about the conjoining mobile application and cloud computing for mobile devices as one ‘mobile could computing’. This granting user better service and benefits in term of storage space and safety of data. In the bid to eliminate security threat in mobile cloud computing the authors have proposed a traceable access control with the use of key and re-encryption to trace malicious users leak the decryption keys for profits and delegating authority to three part to better secure mobile cloud computing (MCC).... [tags: Security, Physical security, Computer security]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- Assignment On Tele Health Project Table of Contents Introduction:- 2 Description:- 3 Functional & Non functional Requirements 3 Mobile & cloud based solutions for Tele Health 3 Cloud computing:- 4 Image: - Cloud & mobile based Tele Health service 4 Security mechanism in cloud:- 5 Image: - Access control method 6 FURPS Table 6 SDLC:- 7 References 8 Introduction:- In the final part of Tele Health project, there are various aspects which we have to focus on. Tele Health services is already working successfully through remote connection, but it needs a server where it can store even large database, and it needs a security system also.... [tags: Medicine, Healthcare, Health care]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- Cloud computing is being heralded as the onrushing future of computing. In fact, in many ways, cloud computing is already here, and has been for some time. The most obvious example of cloud computing is Google Mail. Cloud computing, simply defined, is the implementation of computing services using shared hardware, shared software and in many cases even shared information. Google Mail, for example, makes e-mail services available using a widespread, highly redundant network of systems that remove that same functionality and data from the user’s computer, putting it “in the cloud” where it can be plucked back out as needed – from any capable device such as a smart phone, computer or internet k... [tags: Computer Science]
711 words (2 pages)
- The quick development in the field of technology made it important for all the big business to implement such technology in their industry procedures, so that competitive benefits over others can be accomplished. The following paragraph contains a brief description about the information technology security in general//. With the increasing benefits of implementing the technology in the business places, most of the business organizations have identified such technology as one of the crucial aspects for achieving success.... [tags: Information security, Security, Computer security]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Cloud Computing In this report I will be looking at cloud computing, I will begin with an overview of cloud computing. I will then look at the advantages that cloud computing brings to the table. Lastly I will be looking at the concerns that people have with cloud computing. What is Cloud Computing. Cloud computing is computing that involves a larger number of computers that are connected over a communication network such as the internet or access and storing data over the internet instead of your hard drive.... [tags: internet, hard drive, public cloud services]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Look around you, technology is surrounding you in everything that goes on in life. Some people do not enjoy this, but most of us do, and some businesses use this to their advantage. I am doing my research paper on how Groupon (which is a deal-of-the-day service) uses information technology to conduct everyday business. This company runs off of information technology, so I want to talk about every side of it. This includes how they manage their customer and merchant relationships, how they use the cloud to scale its business and what kind of security they use.... [tags: information technology, customer, merchant, cloud]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- For Airports, There is No Silver Bullet for Cybersecurity Cyber security has become the most pressing, yet most misunderstood, segments in IT. While advances in technology have allowed organizations to reduce the number of threats that get through, the damage caused by cyber attacks continues to increase. Further, complicating this, the amount of devices and systems that connect to networks is expected to increase by 200% by 2020 (Moor Insights & Strategy). Within an airport’s infrastructure “Cyber” typically covers various solutions from IT networks, computers, servers, industrial control systems (ICS), HVAC metering & monitoring, lighting, access control, passenger screening, closed circ... [tags: Security, Computer security, National security]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- ... A guy named David Ferriero, the head of NARA, which is a Nation Archives and Records Administration, is having issue securing the records of the government. Records are being stored in garages, attics and were stolen and destroyed. Government was at moderate risk or high risk of essentially loosing records. The same assessment identified electronic records from basics data to employees email (Berg, 2011). So the question here is that how can the government act upon preserving the records and not let it go in the wrong hands.... [tags: security, tranformation, government]
1723 words (4.9 pages)
- Malware protection is another factor to appreciate, as this vice can lead to significant losses to an organization as it corrupts available data for use. The various networks that are used by business firms should consider adhering to network design principles that uphold the security standards set in place. The organizational staff using the different accounts of the company should be limited, and very few individuals should only access the administrator database. Moreover, the various user activities should be regularly monitored and consider changing of account passwords or deleting none existing accounts (Wolden et al., 2015).... [tags: Security, Computer security, Security guard]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- Cloud computing is expanding and replacing traditional storage and computing methods. It provides many advantages including greater access and it is cheaper than the traditional onsite server. Cloud computing provides an efficient and economical opportunity for many businesses and individuals to store files and information at an offsite data center. By providing access to these offsite data centers, businesses and individuals are able to remotely access their information from many different locations and they are saving money not having to invest in the servers.... [tags: technology, information technology]
1721 words (4.9 pages)
- Analysis Of Oliver 's ' The Oliver ' S ' Get Out Up Out Of My House ! '
- My Field Experience Observing A Child Through The Middle Childhood Stage Of Development
- Mcdonald 's Kick Started The Fast Food Industry
- Dave 's Family And The Family
- The Human Immunodeficiency Virus : A Virus That Attacks The Body 's Natural Defense System
- Slavery And The Civil War