Essay PreviewMore ↓
Mobile marketing is becoming the most productive and cost effective medium for reaching a highly desirable demographic. It purposes are numerous : canvassing, building up customer loyalty and of course selling. The mobile phone is a good tool to exchange information with customers with several medium : Small Message Service (SMS), Mini Message Service (MMS), video MMS or internet. Today, it is also possible to pay with your mobile phone and some people think that mobile-phones will replace credit-cards or loyalty-cards in a next future.
The mobile marketing is born thanks to a huge development of high-technologies, which allow to have high-performances cell-phones. It is particularly targeted on young people, who use cell phones of the new generation.
The market on mobile marketing should reach 150 millions of dollars in 2006 (three times more comparing to 2005). The market will grow very quickly to reach 1 billion of dollars in 2009.
Companies such as AvantGO were born, just in order to provide services in terms of Mobile Marketing Advertising and Campaigns. Services provided include a huge database and mobile research surveys. Some major companies trust in AvantGo to build their mobile website : American Airlines or Rolling Stone for instance.
Building up customers loyalty : it is common acknowledged that it costs about five times less to build up loyalty with a customer than to find another one. That is why companies have to focus on existing customers. And because they often have a databases with a lot of information about their customers (including mobile phone numbers), sending SMS or MMS is an easy way to reach customers. And when effective, this type of campaign can contribute to significant brand awareness and loyalty, especially for a young demographic. Today most ambitious marketers try to associate a specialist ringtone or wallpaper with their brand. They are convinced that it could spread awareness of their own brand.
Canvassing : the method to canvass people with mobile marketing is not difficult. Companies have to buy a cell-phone database or to constitute it by their own, corresponding to their respective targets and then to send a message and/or pictures. They can ad an internet website, a call-centre number.
Selling: in Japan and South-Korea it is already possible to pay small bills like restaurants, cinema seats or public transports with mobile phones. The concept is being tested in the USA now.
How to Cite this Page
"Mobile Advertising : A New Communication Media." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Jul 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Review of Related Literature Nowadays, mobile phone advertising is becoming the mainstream and a new avenues that offers endless possibilities as digital innovations in all types of digital media including mobile phones or cellphones, cellular-enabled PC or tablets and another brees of hand-held device which transform and totally changed the game on how marketers advertise through mobile advertising and that is the advent of smartphones or highly advanced form of mobile phones. According to Dr. Preeta H.... [tags: phones, marketing, privacy]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Mobile advertising and marketing is used by business to market throughout mobile tools such as mobile phone and portable media gamers. Approaches of mobile marketing that business utilize can be something easy like a visual advertisement or something a little bit a lot more complicated such as a qr code. To make a decision which mobile advertising approach is most ideal for your firm, use the following guidance. Be a leader in mobile marketing, not a fan. Mobile advertising and marketing is still the wild, untamed west when it pertains to advancement and ingenuity.... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Text messaging]
709 words (2 pages)
- New media is referred to the process of distributing and exhibiting content instead of producing it, which is firstly summarized by Manovich (2001, p43). After stepping into digital era, the concept of new media commonly shows up in many scenarios and gradually became the mainstream force leading the digital economy. Considering China as a representative example, new media applications such as WeChat, QQ, Weibo are dominant components form its fast booming digital economy. Nevertheless, comparison between new media and old media never stops and it is always arguably whether new media truly overcomes the limitation of old media.... [tags: Advertising, Mass media, Media, New media art]
1946 words (5.6 pages)
- MEDIAS IN ADVERTISING: Advertising is basically for giving information about products and services to consumers. For a layman, all advertising belongs to one category. However, it is not so. Advertising can be classified into different categories on the basis of area coverage, audience, media, and functions and so on. Product advertising, service advertising, financial advertising and so on are also the types of advertising though the basic purpose of all types is identical that is information and persuasion of consumers.... [tags: Advertising, Mass media, Billboard, Newspaper]
922 words (2.6 pages)
- Location-based marketing is a new type of advertising that combines with GPS services on mobile devices in order to provide local advertising to potential consumers. This basically means that if a person is passing a shop an advertiser can know about it and actually send relevant ads, coupons etc. to that person. Although this might be something off of the Minority Report, however, it’s an extremely useful marketing strategy. If you’re scrolling through your phone walking around town and suddenly get an ad for $1 off a Starbucks coffee, and you just happen to be next to a Starbucks, most people would go in and get a coffee.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Mobile device]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- Marketing opportunities are endless with the use of mobile devices and the use of effective mobile marketing strategies. Direction communication to the target audience, anytime, anywhere is what it offers. We are in a social era, which is mostly characterized by the convenience of using the Internet and all things mobile. Essentially, mobile marketing is an absolutely must in a technological environment that is constantly changing. Consumers rely on their mobile device to swipe and search every second they get.... [tags: Marketing, Mobile phone, Internet, Advertising]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- Facebook, Inc.’s challenge is that they are too invested and dependent on their advertisement revenue. The company’s prime source of revenue comes from web and mobile advertisements and payment and fee from online gift purchases and virtual games (Stevens). Facebook’s 10k reports that advertisement revenue alone accounted for 89%, 92%, 95%, and 97% in 2013, 2014, 2015, and the first quarter of 2016 respectively (10k). From total revenue, 97% is earned from advertising on social media sites, leaving only 3% that is earned from payment and fees.... [tags: Social media, Marketing, Advertising]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- 1. INTRODUCTION Advertising is a type of marketing communication tool intended to inform and persuade potential audience to take some action in buying a product or service. The purpose of advertising is to create awareness of the product or service being advertised and provide information that will persuade the consumer to take action and make buying decision, not only to purchase but to repurchase and ultimately creating brand-loyal customers (Ayanwale et al., 2005). In today’s highly competitive market, marketers are facing challenges in developing effective TV advertisement and thus they have to think beyond informing, educating and facilitating the customers.... [tags: Advertising ]
2263 words (6.5 pages)
- Nudity and Sex in Advertising I have chosen to research and write about the controversy of nudity and sex in advertising in the United States of America. Many people oppose advertising that uses sex and nudity to sell products, while others believe that there is nothing wrong with sex or nudity displayed in adverting. For my final research paper I have chosen to argue with the side that believes it is okay to advertise usually nudity and sex. Countries in Europe use full frontal nudity and sex to sell products all the time and not as many people are offended by the advertisements compared to people in America.... [tags: Advertising Advertisements Media Essays]
1571 words (4.5 pages)
- An Outlook of Mobile Commerce Driven by a widespread understanding of the Internet's capabilities, the power of electronic commerce, and advances in wireless technologies and devices, mobile commerce (m-commerce) is rapidly approaching the business forefront. Mobile commerce is defined in the academic literature in the areas of management information systems, management, finance, accounting, as well as marketing. Each area has its own distinctive point of view as to what constitutes mobile commerce.... [tags: Mobile Commerce Business]
858 words (2.5 pages)
Unwanted text messages are becoming a growing nuisance for consumers, who are often confused about how they received such messages.
That is why, it is important to secure, but not restrict this new communication media. It exist a code of conduct which gives guiding principles for best practice and ethical conduct. The proposed legislation will set very clear guidelines, heavily penalise those that do not comply
with this legislation. The purpose of this legislation is to promote responsible use of all electronic messages, including SMS and MMS.
The Mobile Marketing Association is an organisation that purpose is to stimulate the growth of this kind of marketing but also to establish standards and best practices. It is represented in more than 40 countries. Members are advertisers, software providers, service providers and any companies attracted by this new concept of Mobile Marketing.