When I came to the University of Charleston, I had no plans of doing other activities besides, women crew, which gave me an athletic scholarship. Throughout my years at the Universit...
... middle of paper ...
... I student observe and teach I have to take into consideration all of the major outcomes. For example when I teach I have to make sure I know all of my materials and how I am going to teach it to my students. I have to look professional and be professional even if I mess up. Student teaching helps me live the mission because it is preparing me for community service, enlightened living, and productive work.
As my time at the University of Charleston comes to an end I am glad I decided to come here. With all of the LLOs and the major outcomes, I know I will be fully prepared to be a teacher in the future. As time goes on I hope I can make the University proud my living the mission statement each and every day. I will always strive to be the best educator that I can possibly be. None of this would be possible if it was not for the University and its’ mission statement.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Every person possesses a vision of what they would prefer their life to be like when they reach their professional career. When the thought of my personal career comes to mind, it relates to the six Liberal Learning Outcomes from this course, the UC Mission and grit. Citizenship, communication, creativity, critical thinking, ethics and inquiry are six traits that I believed should be used by everybody in their professions. "The Mission of the University of Charleston is to educate each student for a life of productive work, enlightened living and community involvement." This statement identifies three outcomes every person should have; a productive work style, enlightened living, and involve... [tags: Learning, Critical thinking, Thought, Skill]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION AND LITERATURE REVIEW 1.1 INTRODUCTION 1.1.1 Vision and mission of Covenant University Vision To be a leading World-class Christian Mission University, committed to raising a new generation of leaders in all fields of Human endeavour. Mission To create knowledge and restore the dignity of the black man via a Human Development and Total Man Concept driven curriculum employing innovative, leading edge, teaching and learning methods, research and professional services that promote integrated, life-applicable, life-transforming education relevant to the context of Science, Technology and Human Capacity Building.... [tags: Higher education, University, Academic degree]
1064 words (3 pages)
- The Ball State University’s mission led me to apply for the Assistant Provost for Learning Initiatives position. This position would allow me to share my higher education experiences successfully leading and working collaboratively with the community, institutional leadership, faculty and staff. The position of Assistant Provost for Learning Initiatives would also allow me to contribute in a significant way to advance the institution’s online and distance education initiatives. I believe that my professional experiences and academic background would make me a promising candidate for this position.... [tags: Education, University, College, Higher education]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Post University has been a student-focused, career-driven institution committed to helping students reach their personal and professional goals since 1890. The University has a rich history of providing students with the skills they need to compete in the global marketplace. Post was founded as the Matoon Shorthand School to support the training and educational needs of the blossoming industries of central Connecticut. Today the mission of Post University goes beyond the purposes of our early founders to provide students with a more broadly-based university education underpinning their career skill preparation in their chosen majors.... [tags: Health, Health care, Nursing, Registered nurse]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Financial Analysis A mission statement is a written statement that tells others what the company does. The mission statement in a very short form explains to readers how they operate in a general sense. Mission statements are not super specific or detailed just general. “A mission statement is a concise statement of a company 's reason for being, what it actually does, and for whom. It should contain what products and services the company produces for which target market, as well as how it considers itself different or unique.... [tags: Strategic planning, Statements, Mission statement]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- PURPOSE BACKGROUND Universiti Teknologi MARA Universiti Teknologi MARA or UiTM, established in 1956. UITM can be considered as the largest university in the Malaysia with a main campus, three cable campuses, 12 branch campuses, six city campuses, 25 affiliated campuses and a smart campus for the future. Presently, the Shah Alam campus is host to 45% of the total 100,000 students. Information system management(ISM) is the one of the course that offered by Universiti Teknologi MARA.ISM is the study of people, technology, organizations and the relationships among them.... [tags: university evaluation and comparison]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- In the case of Ferguson v. Charleston, S.C. the case was decided correctly. The Supreme Court’s ruling that the Medical University of South Carolina’s (MUSC)drug screening policy was a violation of the fourth amendment was the right decision because the search was indeed unreasonable (Ferguson v. Charleston (99-936) 532 U.S. 67 (2001)). MUSC had created a policy that required all pregnant women who were suspected for: lack of prenatal care, a known history of drug or alcohol abuse, intrauterine fetal death, or abortion placentae drugs, to be tested (Dubin, 1999, pg.279).... [tags: supreme court, screening policy]
526 words (1.5 pages)
- In the state of Oregon, the only academic health center, located in Portland, is presumed by most that this hospital is capable of handling all complex medical issues. The Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) is often a point of referral by all large health centers throughout the rest of the state, and even by neighboring states, dependent upon the medical condition. While OHSU is training the next generation of clinicians and researchers, and are considered to be one of the top twenty-five biomedical research institutions in the country, the innovativeness may not be up to par (OHSU, 2016a).... [tags: Strategic planning, Strategy, Mission statement]
1487 words (4.2 pages)
- XYZ Internet Company is part of a burgeoning market of Internet access companies. We provide Internet access solution for homes and small businesses. Our product is an affordable and easy-to-install way to access the Internet and connect networks to it. This high-speed "always on" service lets the customer access the Internet over ordinary phone lines at speeds up to 8 Mbps for downloads and 1 Mbps for uploads (Internet Access Types. n.d.). We work with our clients to find the best and most affordable type of Internet access for their needs as well as maintenance and customer support.... [tags: Mission Statement]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- JUNO is a NASA mission to the planet Jupiter. The Juno spacecraft is scheduled to launch aboard an Atlas V-551 rocket from Cape Canaveral, Fla., in Aug. 2011. (www.nasa.gov). It will take 5 years to reach Jupiter, arriving in July 2016. It will orbit Jupiter 33 times. The purpose of the mission is to explore Jupiter’s structure and atmosphere. The main aim of this mission is to understand how the planet Jupiter originated and thus help us understand the evolution of the gas giants. This knowledge will also reflect upon our understanding of the origins of the Universe.... [tags: NASA, Mission, Planet Jupiter]
509 words (1.5 pages)