Defense in Depth is a practical strategy for achieving Information Assurance in today’s highly networked environments. It’s a “best practices” strategy in that it relies on the intelligent application of techniques and technologies that exist today. The strategy recommends a balance between the protection capability and cost, performance, and operational considerations. A combination of multiple layers will be more effective against unpredictable attacks than will be a single dense [one] optimized for a particular type of attack. Defense-in-Depth allows an agency to see the attack in the early stages which will help decrease the likelihood of a data breach or major compromise. This concept is used a lot mostly protecting inform...
... middle of paper ...
...red event from occurring. Physical protection system, the first estimate measures the system’s effectiveness in preventing the undesired event. If the undesired event cannot be prevented, another estimate measures the system’s effectiveness in detecting the event and mitigating its consequences so that the event is not catastrophic. Analysis risk and making recommendations for risk reduction are the last step before you conduct your final report. The risk analysis consists of creating a LAS definition table and LAS levels for both physical and process control paths for each priority undesired event/adversary group. Then you provide you recommendation to reduce risk levels, the goal is low-cost, high-return upgrades. Upgrading vulnerabilities common to all undesired events should be considered first because this can result in greater protection against many scenarios.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Most of my service in the United States Marine Corps was spent overseas in Japan and in the Republic of Korea. During this time, I was a recognised weapons expert responsible for the training of both United States Armed personnel and the Republic of Korea Marines and soldiers. I thoroughly enjoyed my training role which allowed me to develop various strategies to effectively communicate with foreign nationals and offer a direct experience on the logistics of global security as well as its implementations.... [tags: United States Marine Corps, United States]
707 words (2 pages)
- Acompañamiento: A Pastoral Theology of Mission On April 19, 1999 a bomb killed Mr. David Sanes during a military practice performed by the U.S. Marine in the island of Vieques, Puerto Rico. The death of Sanes, a Puerto Rican civilian employed as a security guard, reignited the animosity of Puerto Ricans towards the U.S. Marine presence in Vieques and nurtured the birth of various movements that were petitioning the President of the United States of America to stop every practice and remove the Marine from the island.... [tags: church of god, u.s. marine, pastores o politicos]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- The Structure of Immigration and Boarder Security Bronte Suarez Ivy Tech Community College Every day millions upon millions of immigrants pass through into the United States. With a border that stretches from hundreds and hundreds of miles from coast to coast. The United States of America has the most diverse range of immigrants that come from all over the world in order to find a better life for themselves or their families. As stated, “Immigration is defined as the act of entering and settling permanently in another country, and becoming a permanent resident or legal citizen of that country (Bullock, Haddow, & Coppola, 2013).” Also, they have come to escape prejudice,... [tags: United States Department of Homeland Security]
1164 words (3.3 pages)
- Job responsibilities need to be precise because someone’s life could be in danger. “There are many different jobs and careers out there in the world. Some jobs require skills and training and others require an educational background. The career I am focused on would be a security guard. Being a security guard is something that challenges you to the extreme sometimes. This job isn’t something you can just pick up and want to do without thinking about how much you are risking your life for the sack of others.... [tags: Security guard, Security, Surveillance]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction Taiwan is considered to be one of the safer countries in Asia as Hebenton, Jou, & Chang (2010) have discussed that it is due to its heavy emphasis on education and law enforcement leading to lower levels of poverty and crime rates, although it is a sovereign state both the culture and the law can still reduce and enforce crime and violence similar to that of some democratic countries. However as Swaine (2004) mentions due to an increased frequency of cyber-attacks and white-collar crime over the years and with China just looming over the horizon, many wealthy business men in Taiwan have become more cautious by hiring more private security for both their companies and for themsel... [tags: Security guard, Security, Police]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- Congrats on your option to begin your profession as associate security Guard. You are coming into a field that 's well-liked, therefore your shots of landing a grip and turning into a watcher area unit quite fantastic. Security guard coaching conditions shift from state to state. it 'd be ideal if you select your state beneath to see each the unarmed and provided with watcher making ready conditions therefore you 'll be able to apace begin. Perusing Comprehension - Understanding composed sentences and passages in work connected archives.... [tags: Security guard, Security, Guard]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- When an organization first starts out, they start gaining things. They have new buildings, offices, and equipment in them. Their buildings and offices have value. With everything of value this organization has, they will need some sort of protection to make sure the business as well as the employees stay safe at all times. The conversation should go from the “we have acquired all of this stuff, now what are we going to do to keep it safe?” Then the company needs to decide how they will handle the issue of protecting all the things that they own.... [tags: Security guard, Security, Guard, Surveillance]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- Security has been an important component of ensuring the crime remains at a low level. The development of security systems and protection began in England. Due to the social revolution that increased the urbanization of villages, the population increased out of control. The wave of people moving to make a better living only lead to the creation of widespread poverty due to the lack of jobs available many turned to crime. Most of the crime was turned into forceful crime or crime of opportunity. During this time there was no established public security that could control the rapidly increasing crime in the area.... [tags: Security guard, Security, Security police]
1767 words (5 pages)
- Homeland security is the way Americans put forth the effort to ensure the homeland is safe, secure, and stands firm against terrorist acts and other hazard that could put the health and welfare of the American people. The mission of the Homeland Security is to prevent terrorism, secure and protect our open borders, uphold all immigration laws, safeguard and secure cyberspace, and be content and resilient when it pertains to disasters. Critical infrastructure protection (CIP) is a concept that relates to the preparedness and response to serious incidents that involve the critical infrastructure of a region or nation.... [tags: Security, National security]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Allied Barton is a security company where I’m currently interning at. They have a wide range of missions and goals they would like their company to provide. Even if it has just been a month I feel that I have accomplished a great deal of the tasks that they offer to their customers. The mission for Allied Barton depends on the agency they are providing security for. Though I have only witnessed a couple of their companies that Allied Barton offers service to I think that they might be similar. Since I’m stationed in Appleton, their main focus is on Pierce Manufacturing.... [tags: Security guard, Security, Security police]
1118 words (3.2 pages)