Summary of the service
The establishment of a free standing ambulatory surgery center dedicated to upper extremity surgery will provide specialized orthopedic surgical services to adults and children within Florida’s Tampa Bay communities. Our goal is to provide a service to restore the useful upper extremity function for individuals in the surrounding areas. The services include consultation and outpatient surgical procedures. The business will begin with two operational surgical suites, with the ability to expand in the near future.
The need and justification of the free standing ambulatory surgery center is its uniqueness of its specialty and the marketable location of this young and growing community. We plan to maintain the highest standards of ambulatory surgical care as regulated by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare. By focusing our specialty of service to the upper extremity, we will have the opportunity to provide specialized treatment, improved quality and timeliness of care, and cost effective service for the patient. Literature has identified that hand surgery is best suited among the specialties f...
... middle of paper ...
...fits (Horner & Miller, 2011). Free standing surgery center do have their challenges, however if managed correctly can have the potential to experience significant profitability and enhance patient care.
Horner, G., & Miller, A. (2011, August 1). Ambulatory surgery centers a-z. Retrieved from American Society for Surgery of the Hand: http://www.assh.org/Professionals/PracticeManagement/BusinessofHandSurgeryNewsletter/Pages/August-2011-Issue.aspx
Macrae, H. M., Satterthwaite, L., & Reznick, R. K. (2008). Setting up a surgical skills center. World Journal of Surgery, 32, 189-195.
Marcus, M. B. (2007). The spotlight grows on outpatient surgery. USA Today. Retrieved from http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-07-29-outpatient-surgery_N.htm
SWOT analysis. (2011). In Strategic management. Retrieved from QuickMBA: http://www.quickmba.com/strategy/swot/
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- According to Joe Skorupa, in his article JC Penney 's Turnaround Is Years Away, “Johnson’s time frame for the mini-mall concept to reach maturity in every JC Penney store was 2015. The mini-mall concept was to turn JC Penney into a small-scale mall. Ron Johnson wanted to separate each brand into small shops with in JC Penney. There was also a coffee shop with iPads and games for the family incorporated in areas of the store. Imagine a much smaller mall inside JC Penney stores. He was clear in his report to analysts that it will take the time to see results because the goal is not to improve JC Penney but to transform it.... [tags: Retailing, Sales, Online shopping, Product]
1256 words (3.6 pages)
- Executive Summary SGM PC Depot is a start-up company that is designed to offer computer products and other gadgets. SGM PC Depot allows businesses and individuals to be informed of the latest trend in technology and grab it in the most accessible way through the internet. With SGM PC Depot, you can choose and shop a wide variety of computers, laptops, and gadgets at all times and you have 24-hour access to us. Customers can avail our products and our service by subscribing to our server on the internet.... [tags: Business Plans]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- CENTRAL ARKANSAS BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE Business Intelligence (BI), what is it. Why is BI important to the small business owner. More importantly, why is should a small business hire someone to help analyze their “data”. What can a consultant know about a Used Car Dealership, Fast Food restaurant, or a Law Office. That question while relevant is not a question that will be answer within this proposal. This proposal will focus on how Central Arkansas Business Intelligence, through “Data Analysis” and “BI Tools” can and will help any business, small or large, in Central Arkansas become a “Data Aware” business.... [tags: Business Proposal]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- ABSTRACT This paper endeavors to recommend a viable marketing plan for the footwear giant, Nike. The plan has been adequately substantiated with thorough research on different factors affecting the firm along with various ways of addressing future challenges. This research paper highlights that Nike is confronted with multifarious issues which need to be negotiated amicably. Result of the study concludes that there is still a world waiting for the Nike to be exploited, outsmarting its competitors employing its innovative and creative business strategy.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1666 words (4.8 pages)
- Power leisure is a small warehouse based retail seller of fun on road and off road leisure equipment. Introduction ‘Marketing is the function that links the company and the customer to get the right product to the right place at the right time’. (www.tutor2u.net/business/marketing) while identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer wants and needs. Power leisure is a small warehouse based retail seller of fun on road and off road leisure equipment such as dirtbikes, mini motos, and quadbikes.... [tags: Business and Management Studies]
2666 words (7.6 pages)
- Introduction In order to meet the customers’ and buyer’s demand on available latest toys and enjoyable shopping experience, ToyShop needs to get closer to the customers and buyers. To do so, there are business processes need to be create or redesigned, and technologies need to be invested. Due to the information limitation, cost factor of the introduced processes and technologies will not be considered in this paper. 7 ideas associates with the “get closer to customers” strategy will be introduced.... [tags: Sales, Customer service, Business process]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- 3.0 Marketing Plan 3.1 Mission statement Young Warm’s mission statement is “leading the word to provide safety. Enduring and warm for customer to enjoy the driving experience”. This statement will guide the company to achieve it objective to provide safety. The company can use safety as a differentiation strategy to gain a competitive advantage. 3.2 Overall strategy adopted The overall strategy adopted by Young Warm is differentiation to increase sales and make profit by offering unique aspects of the product to consumers.... [tags: Strategic management, Marketing]
1821 words (5.2 pages)
- Case 2 focuses on the Bayerische Motoren Werke (BMW) Company. My analysis will define each of the company's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats as brought about within the case as well as through additional research. The history of the Bavarian Motor Works is a history of innovation, dedication and determination. These achievements are reflected in the BMW emblem, symbolizing a rotating airplane propeller from BMW's early years as an aircraft engine manufacturer. Today, the emblem signifies a global company that annually produces hundreds of thousands of engines, motorcycles, and cars.... [tags: Business Analysis Cars ]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- The Running and Functions of a Business For my business studies coursework we had to set up our own mini enterprise within the school boundaries. The coursework describes how a group of 14 girls from Chily High School for Girls got into small groups of about 14 pupils and set up their own business. The aim of the coursework was to help us understand how a business is run and how it functions. In order to raise capital for our business every member of the group contributed a small amount of money every week.... [tags: Papers]
1522 words (4.3 pages)
- Pulp Company Business Operations Pulp Company manufacture and sells paper card board, food packaging, and carton boxes to various industries such as food industries, stationery shops, packaging companies, and electrical & electronics industries etc. Pulp Co. uses waste paper as raw material for recycling and producing pulp. The pulp is blown dry and hardens thus forming cardboard which is used for games board, ring files, and drawing board found in stationery shop. These pulp are also used to produce trays for holding food such as eggs, dried food products etc.... [tags: Papers]
1956 words (5.6 pages)