A Victim is someone who lets ...
... middle of paper ...
...g a Creator mindset in regards to school assignments will be extremely helpful in keeping my grades up and can help me in many other areas of life.
Being a Victim or Creator can affect a person in many areas of life. Knowing the definitions of Victims and Creators and seeing those definitions in real life examples has helped me make better choices in life and I continue to strive to be more like a Creator in how I view decisions. When people act like a Creator they are able to direct their lives in the way they want it to, achieve goals that they set, and generally have a better quality of life.
Downing, Skip. On Course: Strategies for Creating Success in College and in Life. Boston: Wadsworth , 2014.
Mirman, David. Do you think like a Victim or a Creator? 2 Janurary 2012.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Playing the victim in various situations is far from difficult. Victims have a tendency to sit back and watch their life fall to pieces. A victim is someone who blames others that predict defeat and also gives up. For example, in the article, “Do you think like a victim or a creator,” “what the first student had said – “it wasn’t my fault, it was the bookstore’s fault” – was, indeed, true. However, it was not helpful to her cause. At the end of the day, she did not achieve her goal (obtaining the book).” (David Marman) This person pertains to a victim because she gave a false statement that cannot achieve her goal.... [tags: personal reflection]
587 words (1.7 pages)
- ... When she arrives late to work she blames it on traffic or that she was tried from the night before. Then she says it’s not her fault that she was out all night it was her friends fault. When she comes to work and her boss asks her why her station is set up ready to open her answer is that nobody set it up for her, but she knows what is expected of her when she shows up to work and clocks in. she never takes responsibility for what she does and does not do unless it’s something good. This is why I think she is a victim.... [tags: behavior and attitude reflections]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Some people say The Holocaust is our worlds weakest and most vile moment in history. With the death of eleven million helpless and innocent victims, it was a traumatic time of blood and tears. Six million of these deaths came from the Jew population. While about 2/3 of the Jewish population was killed in Europe, others suffered too. The Gypsies, the Poles, those who were mentally disabled, and twins were also targeted during the time of the Holocaust. Many people lose sight of the deaths of anyone other than the Jews, but the road was long and hard for everyone involved.... [tags: holocaust, innocent victims, jews]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- In contemporary North America, if one were to ask almost any member of society what were the most heinous crimes a human being could commit, almost assuredly rape would be listed amongst every top five. Maybe it would even be competing for the number one spot. It is highly unlikely, absurd even, to think that any reasonable being would not find rape (or the broader term of sexual assault used in Canada) to be an abhorrent act becoming of no real human being. However, knowing this: that is, that the vast majority of citizens in North American society are in agreement on the nature of such a crime, it is all the more puzzling that many continue to harbour a mindset that gives th... [tags: Rape, victims, crime]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- Anger in The Victims In The Victims, by Sharon Olds, the author reveals the dark side of a society where divorce is prevalent, some family members find it hard to cope with. In the first half of “The Victims”, it sounds like a young child is telling the experience regarding her parents’ divorce. The speaker expresses anger toward the father. “When mother divorced you, we were glad.” (Line 1) The “we” is probably several children and their mother. It appears they all experienced an unpleasant life with their father.... [tags: Victims]
599 words (1.7 pages)
- According to RAINN, (2009) approximately 10 per cent of all victims of sexual assault and abuse are adult and juvenile males. In terms of the nature of assault, real figures include a compendium of reported incidents ranging from unwanted sexual touching to forced penetration. To qualify this statement, it must be understood that the percentage does not reflect a vast number of crimes that go unreported due to issues that will be discussed in the present paper. Sexual assault is an under-reported crime.... [tags: Sexual Assault, Male Victims]
922 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction The media’s job is to entertain, inform, and educate society on what is going on around the world. The media entertains society by reporting stories that amuse people. The educational function of the media is about allowing society to know their legal rights. The informational aspect of the media does not need to be explained; it is self-explanatory. Within the last three decades, the media’s role has changed dramatically. The media went from using telegraphs, post offices, newspapers, magazines, radio, and television to using cell phones and tablets.... [tags: Crime Victims and the News]
1036 words (3 pages)
- ... Martin Luther King is one of the biggest creators the world probably ever known. Martin Luther King represents all equal rights for all Americans, regardless of their background. Throughout all of his issues Martin still found a way to accomplish his dream by making this world an equal home. He was an outstanding leader when it came to speaking publicly that not only in the city of Atlanta but the whole United States had a vision his dream. He was talked about on local news channels, radio stations and even was known printed on local newspapers for his accomplishments.... [tags: equal rights, NFL]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- Trafficking Victims Protection Act is an organization establishes to prevent individuals from becoming victims of human trafficking. It also protects the victims of human trafficking, and seeks justice against the traffickers. The Trafficking Victims Protection Act is well put together; their mission is to assist trafficking victims around the world. The organization was established in the 2000. However, since its establishment it has been unsuccessful attaining its goal. Subsequently its performance has little effect, due to the fact that only a few fractions of victims have received aid.... [tags: human, traddicking, victims, goals]
678 words (1.9 pages)
- People as the Creators of Hazards "Those elements in physical environment harmful to man and caused by forces extraneous to him". Definition of natural hazards, by I. Burton and R.W. Kates (1964). A hazard only becomes a hazard if it affects, or threatens to affect people. It is essentially man centered. If no people are at risk, it is not a hazard. (See fig 1.0) The more people living in hazardous environments, and the higher the level of development, the more damage caused by hazards.... [tags: Papers]
1130 words (3.2 pages)