The visit covers the findings and recommendations related to the refurbishment of the first line, the mill operation and identifying the bottle neck that would obstruct the mill from operate at full capacity (60 ton per hour). The findings and recommendations are summarized in the following sub-sections with details described in the ensuing main sections.
1.1 The progress of the refurbishment for the old line, the work of changing the digester liner for four units of digester and the fibre cyclone replacement were seen in progress. The others (refer to appendix 1) either under fabrication by external workshop, waiting the part being shipped by the suppliers or in the progress of tendering.
1.2 The mill operation was in satisfactory state however, there were some problem should be arrested immediately such as the excessive use of water in the process, high FFA, high oil losses ex decanter, no sampling point, high BOD ex effluent treatment plant and high sludge oil content in the mixing ponds.
1.3 Beside the mechanical, the mill must seriously train their process workers either in house or sending them to the nearby factory in order to train them how to do a process with two lines mill. It is very important for the mill to have a fully train workers in order to achieve its rated capacity.
2. First Line Refurbishment and Related Issues
2.1.1 The overhauling of 4 units digester is 50% completed. The digester liner was replaced by stainless steel liner and the badly corroded body at the lower part was cut and replaced. (Pix 1)
2.1.2 The mill is to repair the 2 units of their press on outage immediately. It is to ensure that the presses will be ready on time. (Pix 2)
... middle of paper ...
...vacuum drier. This practice needs to be stopped in order to avoid dirt accumulated inside the BST.
3.8 Inconsistent reception of FFB had caused the mill unable to plan their process effectively. The mill manager is to discuss the matter with the GM (operation).
3.9 The percentage of FFB ripeness received from PLASMA and INTI was around 60% (pix 2) and 70% (pix 3) respectively. The FFB ripeness needs to be increased to 90% in order to get OER around 22%.
3.10 The dilution used at the crude oil needs to be control at the ratio 30 : 30 : 40 (water : solid : oil). It is to avoid the overloading of sludge at the effluent plant.
3.11 The mill management is to plan a proper training for his employee in order to prepare them to process by two lines 60 ton per hour. It can be done either in house or sent them to the nearby mill to do hands on training.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 4.0 INTRODUCTION This chapter provides the findings, conclusion and recommendations based on data gathering, analysis, comparison and research conducted regarding the laws regulating fixed-term contract worker in Malaysia and United Kingdom. 4.1 THE FINDING OF RESEARCH 4.1.1 ABSENCE OF STATUTORY DEFINITION The literatures that have been gathered and observed by researchers, scholars from all over the world has succeeded in pointing out that fixed-term contracts employment is a new phenomenon in the labour society.... [tags: findings and recommendations of the research]
2524 words (7.2 pages)
- Consumers today have high standards for determining what products meet their specific needs. As such, a satisfactory shopping experience is defined as one where consumers can quickly find what they’re looking for. Electronic commerce, or e-commerce for short, has addressed these high standards, allowing consumers to input search terms to narrow down an online retailer’s inventory to the item they’re looking for, and subsequently place orders from the comfort of their own home. However, online retailers must be quick in matching consumers with the products they want; if the customer feels that their search isn’t going well, they will simply leave the online retailer to complet... [tags: Personalized Links Recommendations]
2846 words (8.1 pages)
- It is a great honor to write a letter of recommendation for Alejandra Galaviz. I have known Alejandra for three years in an academic setting. She was one of my finest Spanish students three years ago and she always motivated other students to succeed as well. She has been my most trusted teacher’s assistant for the last two years. She is one of the most mature, helpful, reliable and trustworthy students I have taught in my 12 years of public teaching. As a public high school teacher, I have seen hundreds of students walk in and out of my classroom over the last 12 years, and Alejandra is in the top 1% of students who have had a positive impact on me.... [tags: Recommendation]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- ... It’s easy to believe that he would create one little shred of evidence that all was not lost and “find” Nemo’s egg. Marlin has suffered physical an emotional trauma to his brain. Furthermore, Dory, the fish that accompanies Marlin on his quest to find Nemo after his supposed capture by divers, has short-term memory loss. This disease makes Dory very good at accepting loss since she experiences it constantly throughout her life. She informs Marlin that the only way to get through this loss, this quest to find no one, he needs to “just keep swimming.” Thus, Dory exposed the theme of “letting go” into the story.... [tags: survive, fear, memory, martin, school]
528 words (1.5 pages)
- The term “civil or social liberties” is one that garners a lot of attention and focus from both Rousseau and Mill, although they tackle the subject from slightly different angles. Rousseau believes that the fundamental problem facing people’s capacity to leave the state of nature and enter a society in which their liberty is protected is the ability to “find a form of association that defends and protects the person and goods of each associate with all the common force, and by means of which each one, uniting with all, nevertheless obeys only himself and remains as free as before” (Rousseau 53).... [tags: Rousseau vs Mill]
1828 words (5.2 pages)
- After heavy defeats in Normandy in July and August 1944, the remnants of the German troops were retreating from France through Benelux to German borders. In German lines was spreading desertion. Units disintegrated in the fight were escaping in all direction from the front back to Germany. Fast progressing of western Allies caused difficulties in supply, as the fighting was getting away from beaches. The whole Allied troops were supplied through the Normandy beaches and harbor Cherbourg. The Germans knew about the Allies problems and tried to keep ports as long as possible.... [tags: operation, allied, aviation, command]
1702 words (4.9 pages)
- Keyboarding Software Packages: Analysis and Purchase Recommendation TABLE OF CONTENTS I. INTRODUCTION A. Purpose and Scope B. Procedures II. FINDINGS A. Overview of Software Being Evaluated B. Evaluation of Software 1. Based on Cost 2. Based on Ease of Use 3. Based on Feature Set 4. Based on Help and Support 5. Based on Supported Configurations III. SUMMARY, CONCLUSIONS, AND RECOMMENDATIONS A. Summary of the Problems and Procedures B. Summary of the Findings C. Conclusions and Recommendations INTRODUCTION Every company needs to ensure that it is receiving the utmost in productivity from its employees.... [tags: Software Recommendation]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- General Blaskowitz, the Army Group G Commander’s assigned objective was to maintain possession of the Southern coast of France at all costs. The ability to counter the threat of an Allied invasion of Southern France would require reinforcement and fortification of Army Group G units, which, together, constituted the German Center of Gravity in the Southern France Theater of Operations. Army Group G’s leadership attempted to accomplish this task in a number of ways: The factor of Force bore heavily on the German defensive capabilities.... [tags: Operation OVERLORD, France, Germany]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Dear Sir/Madame I am writing this letter to give my highest possible recommendation for Mr. Smith. I know Mr. Smith through his work in my office. Mr. Smith first approached me two years ago about the possibility of an internship in our company for the summer. At our first meeting I described the general outline of the project the he might work on. He asked good questions and appeared intelligent. He then went to the library and found many papers on the subject and read them carefully. He did this independently - I did not ask him to do this.... [tags: Letters of Recommendation]
356 words (1 pages)
- Recommendations Advice is something given, usually freely, even when unasked for. There are so many well- meaning people in the world that want to give out pearls of wisdom, I am often inundated with ideas on all manner things. How to shop for a home; buy a car; apply for credit; deal with my love life, blah blah blah. The list seems to go on and on forever. Everyone has a better way of doing something, and it's almost enough to make me go crazy to have to listen to it all. However, there have been incredibly wise bits of knowledge passed on to me, that while I may not have understood them at the time, seem almost profound in hindsight.... [tags: essays papers]
834 words (2.4 pages)