The resulting security assessment report indicated that the scanned computer was at potential risk due to the failure of one or more non-critical checks. The results proved surprising as the scanned computer was purchased a little over a month ago. The failures in the report included, a) a missing a service pack (Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool released March 2014) and b) non-expiring and weak passwords for the user accounts. Fortunately, the MBSA found no other issues with the scanned computer’s firewall or desktop applications. These results were informative and provided guidance on how to better improve the scanned computer’s security measures. Using the recommendations for a solution to mitigate the potential risks, I installed the Malware Removal Tool software, created new more complicated passwords, and adjusted the user setting by removing the “password nev...
... middle of paper ...
...cate itself and propagate through removable media such as USB flashdrives and portable external hard drives wreaking havoc and spreading throughout the networks. Figure 3 below illustrates how the Conflicker worm infiltrated the networks.
Corporate network system administrators routinely use vulnerability assessment tools such as the popular and user friendly MBSA to scan the corporate IT systems for potential risks to the network. One of the features of the MBSA is the administrative vulnerabilities assessment as part of the Windows Scan which, among a myriad of other assessments, analyses the system’s firewall and determines if there any exceptions configured in the firewall. Unauthorized exceptions the firewall configuration could be an indicator of infiltration in the network.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It seems that in the past few years, the Geotechnical Baseline Report (GBR) has perhaps turned into the key document for construction. The GBR not only assigns much of the risk involved with the work, it serves as the basis for bid prep and is used widely in resolving disputes during construction. The use of GBR’s for contractually defining anticipated ground conditions has become a widely accepted practice in the construction business. The importance and the significant nature of these reports have increased the inquiry they receive to unparalleled levels.... [tags: Construction, Baselines]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- ... On clicking a chart, the user is capable of viewing a simpler Chart Tools ribbon and on utilizing the Design and Format tab, it becomes easier for one to find the needed charts. Therefore, utilizing the feature ensures one works with buoyancy knowing the chart highlighted for the data will be meaningful Diagram below show how the feature works. III. Recommended PivotTable Usually, picking the correct fields to abridge data in a PivotTable report at times becomes a daunting task but with Excel 2013 feature, it recommends numerous ways to abridge the data and previews field layouts for the user to pick from and also offer insights on what one is looking for.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- Table of Contents Executive Summary 2 Company Background 2 Company Research 3 Value Chain Analysis 3 Customer Profile 4 Competitors 4 External Analysis 5 Internal Analysis 7 Financials 8 Situation Analysis 8 Alternatives 9 Recommendation 11 Implementation 11 Contingency 12 Bibliography 14 Appendix 15 Executive Summary Microsoft has been a leader in the software industry for many years. As the technology industry has changed, so has the type of devices. This change has created a market with a focus on mobile devices and access to data through the cloud.... [tags: Microsoft SWOT Analysis]
3443 words (9.8 pages)
- Privacy Issues with Microsoft Windows 10 Windows 10 is a computer operating system that was made and introduced by the Microsoft Corporation (McGrath & Price, 2016). Windows 10 is one of the Windows NT operating systems. The operating software was introduced to the globe on September 2014. The release of the software to the users later followed on July 2015. The Microsoft Corporation made sure that the software was released for free to the various users of candid copies of Windows 7 and 8.1. Upon release, the software received global praise for the various embedded applications that were more efficient when compared to the old versions.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft, Microsoft Windows]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- Bill Gates: The Most Influential Business Leader Today Bill Gates has established himself as the richest man in the world. He is the youngest self made billionaire, and perhaps the best businessman in the world. Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1951 in Seattle, He Attended Harvard University and currently working as a Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Microsoft Corporation. Reason for his success: Bill Gates had genius written all over him as a child. Though he never set out to portray himself, as the world's best computer programmer employees are stunned at his capacity to analyze and correctly diagnose software glitches, and his uncanny knowledge of even the latest innovative progra... [tags: wealth, microsoft, philanthropy]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- ... The power balance that permeates across the players and their mutual dependence contributes monetization capabilities at a scale higher than each individual is possible to garner. The down side of such symbiotic relationships causes a delay in decision making and alignment. If we look at the history of the operating system industry, Microsoft has been the pioneer in the early 80s. “Desktop on every desk” strategy of the late 80s and early 90s contributed to the growth of not just Microsoft but the entire eco system, which included companies such as Intel, Dell, IBM and HP.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft Windows]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- The Face of Microsoft How you ever thought about the people who are the face of the company. Why are they the face of the company. What did they do to get this kind of image. Most of the time, a person who founded the company is the face of the company. What if there is more than one cofounder of the company. Then who is the face of the company. There cannot be multiple faces of the company. For example, Microsoft is one these companies that has more than one cofounder of the company. Nevertheless, Bill Gates is the face of the company, not Paul Allen.... [tags: Bill Gates, Microsoft]
1543 words (4.4 pages)
- ... In addition this feature can be applied to enter repetitive symbols and text. Replace, this feature is powerful and has many different uses such as using tab to replace multiple spaces, adding text to an existing phrase, it may be used to change text that are italicized to bold. Styles are used mostly to control writing formats more efficiently and can benefit an organization by ensuring consistency and saving time. Styles allow the user to set subheading, section headings, titles quickly by giving them font that are have unique sizes and characteristics Word’s Document Map is a feature in the Navigation Pane that reduces documents to heading nodes.... [tags: Microsoft Office, Microsoft]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- "Microsoft Corporation, is a multinational computer technology corporation with global annual revenue of US$44.28 billion and 71,553 employees in 102 countries as of July 2006. It develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of software products for computing devices. Headquartered in Redmond, Washington, USA, its best selling products are the Microsoft Windows operating system and the Microsoft Office suite of productivity software, each of which has achieved near-ubiquity in the desktop computer market.... [tags: Business Analysis Microsoft]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Microsoft Microsoft continues its domination of the system software market thanks to the launch of Vista OS. But the rest are girding up as well Shashwat DC The Giant from Redmond might be under some pressure across the advanced markets due to a variety of reasons ranging from anti-trust to free software; nonetheless it continues to rule the Indian software market. Though there was a single percent drop in Microsofts market share, much like last year, it continues to command more than double of all Linux strains put together.... [tags: Software Microsoft Market Leader]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
- Question and Answers: Destructive Behaviors, Prisoner's Dilemma and GRIT
- Shakespearean Texts: Titus Andronisexist
- Business Organization: The Geographic Model
- The Consequences of Drilling for Natural Gas
- The Role of Children's Literature in Learning
- Comparative Culture May Be of Value to International Business