Based on the data in the respective 10-K for Microsoft and Apple (AAPL), the current ratio, debt-to-equity ratio, and return on assets can be calculated for each firm for comparison (data relevant to these ratios can be found in the footnotes and are presented in millions). Microsoft has a current ratio of 2.35 while Apple has a ratio of 1.35. This ratio shows Microsoft has a slight edge over Apple as it shows Microsoft has greater ability to meet its current obligations given its current assets. Both firms, however, would be able to meet their outstanding current liabilities if needed by liquidating their current assets, as evidenced by a current ratio of greater than 1. From a risk perspective, Micros...
... middle of paper ...
...sses as customers whose data is disclosed may not trust Microsoft enough to buy in the future. This scenario was played out with Target last year when credit card information was released, and some customers stopped shopping at Target. This is a low frequency, high severity risk and should be transferred. This could be done with insurance such as the cyberattack insurance mentioned earlier. The final risk is outages, data losses, and disruptions. Anyone who uses Microsoft’s devices and software expects it to be functional at all times, so any disruption, outage, or data loss could hurt Microsoft’s brand and their business. This should be classified as a high frequency, low severity risk which Microsoft should manage through loss control. This could be done through redundancy in Microsoft’s infrastructure—if one data center goes down it is backed up by another.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Industry Standard Relational Database Management Systems In nearly all business industries a database would be required as businesses always need to sort data as they are related to finances to estimate their profits, look at revenue margins, net profits, deducting taxes these are all processes that can be done by implementing a database. Databases conclude all the financial industries as they are correlated to businesses that involve transactions of money as all organisations exist to produce an income unless they are charity or public service and even those are affiliated with a relational database to classify employees or client record.... [tags: Database, SQL, Microsoft, Relational model]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- Enomaly Inc. Enomaly is the progenitor of cloud computers. It developed a series of software for virtualization and management of cloud computing. Enomaly is first company which focused on the emerging cloud computer. Today, their software called Elastic Computing Platform allows web hosts and service providers to offer public facing IaaS and cloud services to their customers. The company is among the first to provide self-service IaaS (Infrastructure - as - a - Service) platform software, the first version of the Enomalism open-source platform launched in 2005, later renamed the ECP.... [tags: cloud platform, computer architecture]
1926 words (5.5 pages)
- At first glance “The Cloud” appears to be magical but like a visit to “The Great and Powerful OZ’ when you look deeper you find that there is more to it behind the curtain. The cloud is not magic; it is actually a real delivery system with a structure that makes the whole thing work. Cloud computing is defined by the Investopedia online dictionary as a model for delivering data and software stored in servers that is retrieved from the internet through web-based tools and applications, rather than a direct connection to a server.... [tags: The Cloud]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Abstract - Cloud storage provides users to easily store their data and enjoy the cloud applications need not install in local hardware and software system. In cloud computing, data is moved to a remotely located cloud server. Many users place their data in the cloud and so data integrity is very important issue in cloud storage. In this paper a flexible distributed storage auditing mechanism, using the homomorphism token and distributed erasure coded data and it support to ensure the correctness and availability of users’ data in the cloud.... [tags: Cloud computing, Data management]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- Introduction Microsoft Excel 2013 (Ms Excel 2013) is a spreadsheet application advanced by Microsoft as part of Ms Office suit software whose stable system release was on September 8th, 2015. The application incorporates numerous new features ranging from calculation tools, graphing tools, pivot tables among other productive, collaborative and security features all for performance improvements. Basically, the Excel 2013 has its improvements from previous versions due to its ability of highlighting the expedient and relevant features for the common users.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- Cloud computing involves a lot of concepts and technologies. Companies and corporations such as Amazon, Google and Microsoft are providing services following the logic of computational infrastructure cloud computing, with Amazon the pioneer in providing and marketing infrastructure of this kind. The academic community has also shown interest in cloud computing, and some work has been directed to improvements in aspects of performance, security, usability, implementation and reliability of the system as a whole (Armbrust et al.... [tags: internet, technology, cloud computing]
2873 words (8.2 pages)
- Cloud computing can be defined as: “a variety of computing concepts that involve a large number of computers connected through a real-time communication network such as the Internet.” Our understanding of cloud computing is distributed computing over a network with the ability to run a program or application on many connected computers at the same time. From our research we can describe Cloud computing as both a platform and a type of application. The Cloud computing platform offers, configures, reconfigures and provisions hardware and software services as needed.... [tags: platform, application, technology, virtualization]
3090 words (8.8 pages)
- According to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), cloud computing is referred to as a model for enabling convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configuration computing resources that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction. The following paper will discuss the meaning of cloud computing, the major providers, benefits of adoption, pitfalls of adoption, current trends in the business community, and current application within the business community.... [tags: Cloud Services]
2148 words (6.1 pages)
- Cloudo provides internet base computer that runs within a browser. This paper will start out by giving short introduction to Cloudo platform. Then it describe how users can access Cloudo using web browser and list software that are pre install and availabe with in Cloudo web base computer. After that, using example clock application, we will describe how to develop, test and deploy application within Cloudo framework. Finally we will look at some of the advantages and disadvantage of using Cloudo.... [tags: Technology, Cloud Computing]
1164 words (3.3 pages)
- Microsoft Microsoft continues its domination of the system software market thanks to the launch of Vista OS. But the rest are girding up as well Shashwat DC The Giant from Redmond might be under some pressure across the advanced markets due to a variety of reasons ranging from anti-trust to free software; nonetheless it continues to rule the Indian software market. Though there was a single percent drop in Microsofts market share, much like last year, it continues to command more than double of all Linux strains put together.... [tags: Software Microsoft Market Leader]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
- Why Is Knowledge Is Power
- Information Exchanges Between Nurses And Employees From An Advanced Nurse Practice Group From The Health Sciences Center
- The Issue Of Abortion Is A Tough One
- Child Abuse And Its Effects On Children
- Singapore And The Republic Of Singapore
- Creative Practice Within A Personal And Critical Context