Micro RNA 23, 24, 27 are highly present in endothelial cells and vascularized tissues. Knockdown of micro RNA 23 and micro RNA 27 suppressed endothelial migration in response to vascular endothelial growth factor and cell proliferation. Zhou and his team found that micro RNA 23 and micro RNA 27 mediated angiogenesis through suppression of Sprouty 2, Semaphorin6A (Sema6A), and Semaphorin6D (Sema6D) (67, 68). Sprouty proteins inhibit insulin receptor and EGFR transduced MAPK signalling pathway (69). Sema6A is required for development of the thalamocortical projection and suppresses VEGFR2 signalling (70). Overexpression of micro RNA 23b or micro RNA 27b repressed Sprouty2, Sema6A, and Sema6D, whereas overexpression of both micro RNAs 23b and 27b showed an increased effect (68). Zhou et al.investigated the development of new blood vessels using a laser-induced choroidal neovascularization model (68). The expression levels of micro RNA 23a, micro RNA 27a and micro RNA 24 were significantly increased in the choroid region of the eye one week after laser injury. Intravenous injection of LNA-anti-micro RNAs targeting micro RNA 23 and micro RNA 27 resulted in knockdown of micro RNAs 23 and 27 in the eye instantly following laser injury. The choroidal neov...
... middle of paper ...
... and micro RNA 92 cluster and micro RNA 150 regulate B-cell differentiation. Overexpression of the micro RNA 17 - 92 cluster in lymphocytes additionally induces excessive production of lymphocytes and autoimmune diseases (77). Taken together, micro RNA 21, micro RNA 155, and micro RNA 126 might be important markers of vascular disease and vessel remodelling. In addition, the micro RNA 17-92 cluster and micro RNA 150 regulating B cell development as well as micro RNA 424, micro RNA 17-5p-20a-106a, and micro RNA 146 regulating macrophage differentiation are interesting candidates (72), which may be involved in inflammatory responses during various cardiovascular diseases. Micro RNA 221, 222, micro RNA cluster 17-92, micro RNA 210, micro RNA 130a and micro RNA 126 have specific functions in formation of atheroma on the wall of artery which is illustrated below(72).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of deaths worldwide and is one of the main causes of morbidity and mortality in developed countries. The pathological process of the heart is related to altered expression of genes that are important for cardiac function. Thus, micro RNAs have become known as key regulators of gene expression and the recent studies have suggested the potential importance of micro RNAs; as diagnostic markers and therapeutic targets for many big diseases including cardiac diseases.... [tags: cardiovascular, micro rna, cardiac muscle]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Genetic information is encoded in the molecular structure of nucleic acids in the form of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) and ribonucleic acid (RNA). Most organisms carry their genetic information in DNA, with the exception of some viruses, which use RNA. Within the cell, genetic information is transported within the chromosomes, which are comprised of DNA and associated proteins. Human cells possess 46 chromosomes, each of which carries a large number of genes. Through meiosis, pairing and separation of replicated chromosomes occurs during the division of sex cells to form gametes.... [tags: DNA, Gene, Genetics, RNA]
1393 words (4 pages)
- ... Used for shifting and rotating operation. 2.3 Low Power ALU using 4:1 MUX There is a substantial increase in the standby mode leakage power, When technology is scaled from say 250nm to 180nm. Reducing the power consumption of the ALU of high-end processors is important not only because they consume a considerable percentage of processor energy, but also because they are one of the most active and busiest component of the processor . As a result of that they dissipate a lot of dynamic energy.... [tags: processor, digital system, micro processors]
1441 words (4.1 pages)
- Titration is a technological process in which a solution, known as a titrant, is slowly and carefully added from a burrette into a fixed volume of another solution (known as the sample). In an acid-base titration an acid neutralizes a base or vice versa. This process is maintained untill the reaction between the titrant and the sample (acid and the base) is judged to be complete. The reaction is judged to be complete when the endpoint is reached. An endpoint in a titration analysis is referred to as the point at which no more titrant is added due to an observable colour change of an indicator.... [tags: PH, Acid, Hydrogen ion, Acid dissociation constant]
1053 words (3 pages)
- Though its had its shares of market ups and down micro-brewing is a stable to american beer business. Micro-brewing took off in the early 90’s with brew pubs. People where looking for a more original taste. Micro beers took form of a affordable luxury. Furthermore people wanted to disconnect with the rapid consumerism from the 80’s with wall-mart’s and Mc Donald's showing up everywhere. People where also starting to connect with their local towns and history trying to distinguish their home town from another.... [tags: Business Analysis]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- Introduction (Graphics Not Available) The world has grown increasingly complex, resulting from the greater interdependence among world economies (Thompson, 2002). Successful organization is largely determined by how well the organization adjusts all its tangible and intangible properties to keep itself on track with its surrounding (Armenakes & Bedeian, 1999). Strategy was concerned to manage firm’s activities and resources to the environment in which it operates. This essay will analyse the micro and macro external environment in the part five years (2000 to 2006) of IBM Company by using PESTEL and five forces model to analyse in the first part.... [tags: IBM Business Analysis]
1765 words (5 pages)
- Performing this experiment, we used the technique called Acid-Base extraction to isolate Eugenol, which is one of the main ingredients of clove oil. Acid-Base extraction is the most efficient method for isolating organic component; it is efficient because it purifies the acid and base mixture based on their chemical identities. We have seen throughout this experiment that acid and base play an important role, when it comes to solubility in water. Our basic knowledge of acid and base is acid is a proton donor and base is a proton acceptor.... [tags: Chemistry, Water, Acid dissociation constant]
783 words (2.2 pages)
- In this experiment, a mixture of three substances (benzoic acid, 2-naphthol, and 1-4 dimethoxybenzene) will be separated based off acidity strength using the liquid-liquid extraction technique through a separatory funnel. Benzoic acid and 2-napthol will be converted into ionic salts when reacting with their appropriate bases (sodium bicarbonate and sodium hydroxide). Both ionic salts will then form solids through the addition of acidic HCl. Neutral 1,4 – dimethoxybenzene forms a solid through the evaporation of ether.... [tags: Acid, Water, Sodium chloride, Chemistry]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- The experimental Fischer esterification of 8.92g of acetic acid with 5.0g of isopentyl alcohol using concentrated sulfuric acid as a catalyst yielded 4.83g (65.3% yield) of isopentyl acetate. The product being isopentyl acetate was confirmed when the boiling point during distillation had similar characteristics to that of the literature boiling points2. Physical characteristics like color and smell also concluded a match of our product with what was intended. 1H-NMR spectroscopy analysis supported this claim due to the fact that the integration values and chemical shifts were comparable to isopentyl acetate.... [tags: Ester, Acetic acid, Chemistry, Sulfuric acid]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Usually when someone thinks of rain they think of the way it smells, the romantic movie scene where the guy and the girl kiss, or farmers think how blessed they are that they don’t have to pay for as much water to hydrate their crops and it increases their profit. When thinking about rain, we tend to look passed the different types and how they can negatively affect our environment. Acid rain is one of those types that negatively affects our environment and it is caused from the burning of fossil fuels, coal, and other wasteful gasses.... [tags: PH, Acid, Carbon dioxide]
1065 words (3 pages)