Michigan State University is located in East Lansing, Michigan.It is a public research university. The colors of Michigan State University are green and white. Michigan is affected by the Great Lake’s region, winter and summer climate is moderate.
Currently, Michigan State University's campus covers a total of 5,200 acres, of which two thousand acres have been developed. A total of 556 buildings on campus: where 100 academic purposes, 131 for agricultural purposes, 166 for the board uses 42 sports facilities. Michigan State University a total of 2,037, 464.3 square meters of indoor space. And there are a total of 43 kilometers of roads and 161 kilometers of sidewalks. Michigan State University campus also has a total of 44 real estate and then the other 28 different counties, a total of 22,000 acres. In the round-trip transportation, Michigan State University campus to provide regular buses shuttling back and forth across campus for students and faculty, etc. could easily arrange a time and learn.
The estimated costs for 2013-2014, regarding as a in-state freshman, is $21,764 including the cost of tuition, room(double room/ Sliver Meal Plan), and board. For non-Michigan, the total cost for two semester is $42,652. Also, the estimated cost for international freshmen is $49,798 as total for two semester. The cost includes personal or miscellaneous charge and medical charge. The student enrollment in Michigan State University is approximately 49,300. The amount of faculty is approximately 4,700. According to the data, student-to-teacher ratio is 16 to 1, down from 19 to 1 six years ago.
Michigan State University offers more than 150 major programs for undergraduate students. There are certi...
... middle of paper ...
...t. Scholarships for first-year university students are awarded to students who have strong high school grades(typical class rank is top 15%, but varies by school) and have a score of SAT 1850 or ACT 28. The awards range from $4,000 to $17,000.
TCU graduation rate is 73.8% in recent years. According to the data of the graduation rate, the retention rate would probably be 26.2%.
From my aspect as a student, it’s a nice city, close to Dallas and a major airport. Also, I can learn more and clearly in a small-sized classes. They have modern technology.Also, what they have are well-organize majors. In addition, TCU can offer a good Christ teaching and mission trips. However, there are some disadvantages. There is no parking place in campus. Students might not afford high tuition. TCU lacks diversity. Everything is expensive in campus. Plus, dorms are inconsistency.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My first semester at Michigan State University was filled with many challenges that have made me a better student. It tested my ability to work under pressure, as well as encouraging me to properly plan out a healthy work schedule. Most importantly, it put the responsibility solely on my shoulders. Not only did this require me to stay on top of my work, but it encouraged me to find value in the work I was doing. All of this allowed me to look back at the semester and see drastic changes in my abilities.... [tags: Writing, Better, Paper, Learning]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- One of the most interesting sights to view on the Angelo State University campus is art. Every piece is different in its own way, yet shares similarities with others. These resemblances can be observed depending on how one views the art. They can range from a first impression based on appearance to what is gained from a deeper analysis of the art. Each way helps to establish a connection from one piece of art to another. The way to find unusual and different art projects is to change the perspective in which it is seen.... [tags: Art, Visual arts, Angelo State University]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- If I had to describe my year at State University it would be just as describing a rollercoaster ride with a good experience afterwards. At first, you are convinced with the idea that the rollercoaster is going to be all fun full with laughter. All those advertisements and pictures of people having a good time and people saying it was fun afterwards. The real thing though, happens during the rollercoaster ride when you feel like the life you are living is going to end so badly.... [tags: My First Year at State University]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- The really premise of Ohio State study was to research leader traits. Their work furthered the studies of Stogdill in 1948, which theorized that there was no ideal set of traits that can identify a leader from a follower (Northouse, 2015). Stogdill also went on to say that one’s responsiveness to a decision is purely situational and not necessarily determined by genetic disposition alone. The Ohio State research capitalized on the leader’s behavior when in front of a group by way of the decision maker’s actions.... [tags: Leadership, Management, University of Michigan]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- Good evening graduates, family and faculty. We made it. This moment is everyone’s and tonight I hope that all of us can feel as victorious as I do, for our success is your success too. Graduates, I want you to think back to your happiest moment in your journey at Montclair State University. Hold that thought close to your heart. For many of us, it will be successfully completing our first semester or securing that internship that you really wanted. For others like myself, my happiest moment happened even before I drove up Valley Road to MSU.... [tags: Health, Public health, Montclair State University]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Michigan is the only state in the union composed to two separated peninsulas. At the closest point, the upper and lower peninsulas are a mere five miles apart. In the early twentieth century, the only way to make the trip across the five miles of Lake Michigan and Lake Huron was to take a boat ride from one side to the other. As businesses expanded and industry grew, the demand to cross the lakes for travel and commerce purposes grew. The only way to cross the lake was by means of a ferry service, which was unable to keep up with consumer demand.... [tags: American History, Mackinac Bridge, Informative]
2254 words (6.4 pages)
- Common Core State Standards The Common Core State Standards has been adopted by many states in the United States already. This issue is gaining both positive and negative opinions within the education world and society. Some want to know why the standards were created and what the meaning behind these standards is. What is the reasoning for implementing these standards, and why is there so much controversy that follows. Why do these four words cause such controversy. The following will analyze and evaluate The Common Core State Standards in hopes to understand why education is being overtaken by them.... [tags: Education, Learning, Michigan State University]
1742 words (5 pages)
- The impact of University of Michigan’s model would continue to be seen in the coming decades. Continual focus by future presidents on the quality of incoming students would transform the admissions process for almost every American college and university in the late 1800s. Michigan faculty began visiting state high schools to determine the degree to which students were adequately prepared for advanced studies (Geiger, 2014, p. 382). Graduates from high schools receiving certification by Michigan would be granted acceptance at the university without the need to sit for additional examination (Geiger, 2014, p.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary education]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- The impact of the University of Michigan’s model would continue to be seen in the coming decades. Focus by future presidents on the quality of incoming students transformed the admissions process for almost every American college and university in the late 1800s. Michigan faculty began visiting state high schools to determine the degree to which students were adequately prepared for advanced studies (Geiger, 2014, p. 382). Graduates from those high schools receiving certification by Michigan would be granted acceptance at the university without the need to sit for additional examination (Geiger, 2014, p.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary education]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- An experience that I have had that will influence my academic work and goals at Colorado Christian University is my transition from military life to civilian life. When I joined the Air Force I was 18 years old, fresh out of high school, and without much life experience. I joined the Air Force so that one day I would be able to pay for a college education and so that I could experience the world more than I was able to do in my small town of Gladewater, Texas. The Air Force taught me so much about myself and really shaped me in to the person I am today.... [tags: Psychology, Mind, Colorado Christian University]
729 words (2.1 pages)