The Jackson 5
Michael was born into a large family in Gary, Indiana. He has three sisters: Rebbie, La Toya and Janet as well as six brothers: Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon, Brandon and Randy. His mother, Katherine Esther Scruse, married in 1949, was th...
... middle of paper ...
...at the Neverland Ranch. Jackson was charged with seven counts of child molestation as well as two counts of intoxication to the boy . Five months later, Michael was declared not guilty as there was not enough proof. Michael became dependant on drugs and lost a lot ofweight during his trial days as he suffered from public humiliation and emotional disorder.
Neverland is an amusement park in Santa Barbara County, California. It was every kids dream and thats the way Michael wanted it to be viewed by children. Never having got the chance to grow up, Michael decided to name the ranch Neverland, after the movie Peter Pan, a boy who never grows up. The park was filled with rides, games and also a zoo. After struggling with finances the park closed sometime in 2006. Neverland was a place where Michael felt he could relive his childhood, the one he never had.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, and raised in Gary, Indiana by Katherine Jackson and Joe Jackson. Michael Jackson’s parents had a total of nine children and he was the seventh to be born. His singing career initiated at the young age of 5 and was the lead singer of the Jackson 5. The Jackson 5 consisted of the five brothers: Jackie, Jermaine, Tito, Marlon and lead singer Michael. They would play at local clubs and bars, however, fortunately, as their talent thrive, their audience expanded.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, La Toya Jackson]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Michael Jackson was born in Gary, Indiana on August 29, 1958. He was the son of Katherine and Joseph Jackson. Michael had eight siblings. They all had their share in the music industry. His father was a crane operator but had a passion for music. The children heard music all the time. Joseph put together a musical group called The Jackson 5. Katherine Jackson noticed that Michael had an incredible talent in music. Michael loved dancing and singing. Michael became the lead vocalist at the age of five.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Randy Jackson]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Michael Jackson was given the title, the “King of Pop”, for very good reason; he captured audiences with his catchy lyrics, amazing dance moves, and dazzling outfits. His legacy has lived beyond the grave, as his music is played on the radio, his concert movie, This Is It, was released after his death, and people are still moonwalking and doing the Thriller dance. Michael inspired, and was adored by many, but his music did much more than just entertain. He sang about racial and social injustices and broke down the musical barriers of his time.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Janet Jackson]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- Born to Joseph and Katherine Jackson, MIchael was born on August 29, 1958 in Gary, Indiana. He was the youngest sibling out of 5 but that did not stop his talent from shining through. In the early 1960’s, Michael’s father put together a music group using his sons, which later became known as the Jackson 5 (“Michael Jackson Biography”). Even from an early age, Michael was able to touch the lives of many people. At a young age, Michael became the lead singer of the Jackson 5 because of his voice range and depth.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Katherine Jackson]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958 in Gary, Indiana. He was born with an African American family. His mom and dad’s name was Katherine and Joseph Jackson. Joseph Michael Jackson dad was a music artist as well but sooner or later he had to put his music aside to provide for the family. Michael’s dad was the one who molded him to be a singer in the early 1960’s. when Michael got in the singing group, he became the lead singer to his group. At a young age, he impressed the audience with his singing and dance skills.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Katherine Jackson]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- Coming from nothing and working his way up to a chart-topping career, he makes his mark but does he hold the same effect today. Michael Jackson grew up in an abusive home but talent filled Michael found a way to work past the abuse and found a way to make a career that put the world in awe. Jackson has, needless to say, a heart-shattering past, an amazing music career, and an interesting way out of it all that still leaves people wondering: who really is Michael Jackson. Michael Joseph Jackson was born in Indiana on August 29, 1958.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Randy Jackson]
1523 words (4.4 pages)
- Michael Joseph Jackson was and still is seen as the biggest popstar of the 20th century and is also considered the most popular recording artist of all time. A person could identify his voice as soon as they heard it. He had incredible dance moves, musical adaptability, and had a great deal of star power. Jackson was born August 29, 1958 in Gary, Indiana to Katherine Jackson and Joseph Jackson who was a guitarist but had to put his musical ambitions to the side to care for his large family. Michael was a part of a group known as the Jackson 5 just at the age of five, which was made up of four of his older brothers.... [tags: Michael Jackson, Billie Jean, The Jackson 5]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- The King of Pop is a legend that is still remembered by millions because of his beautiful works of art. His musical talent led many artists to follow in his footsteps like Madonna, and many more. Talent is something that dwells within all of us across the world. Although it comes in different shapes, forms, and fashion we are the ones that have to tap in to the potential and let the talent shine. Whether its singing dancing crocheting talent is something that can really inspire other people. Michael Jackson a singer, song writer, has proven to the world that talent can come out of the ordinary family and rise to greatness.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Tito Jackson]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Demographic Information: Michael Joseph Jackson is a African American Male, he was born on August 29, 1958. He was born the 7th of 9 children in Gary, Indiana, to Katherine and Joseph Jackson. Michael is a single father of 3 children, he resides at the Neverland Ranch. At the time of his interview he was 49 years old. He is not married but have an estranged relationship with his children mother Debbie Rowe. Presenting Concerns: Michael is concern with his mental and physical health issues. He states that he has always known as a child that he was different and he would be different than all other individuals.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Randy Jackson]
2041 words (5.8 pages)
- Outlier. An outlier is someone who is not considered to be a normal person within society. They have qualities that most people do not obtain. They are the most successful of individuals and many aspire to be them. Michael Jackson is the epitome of what I believe is a true outlier. In his best-selling novel, Malcolm Gladwell stated that we tend to spend more time looking at individuals success rather than looking at things that ultimately contributed to that success, such as their family, birthplace, and even birth date.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Jackson family]
1019 words (2.9 pages)