When people think of Michael Jordan, the thoughts that come to mind are most likely something to do with his Jordan Brand. Whether it is a commercial, a new product coming out, a billboard on a highway or in a mall, the Jordan brand is everywhere. Nike signed Michael Jordan to a contract when he became a rookie with the Chicago Bulls. Nike did not know this at the time, but more than likely knows now, that signing Jordan was probably the biggest endorsement deal in sports history. When Jordan started to win championships and league wide MVP’s, Nike began making a signature shoe line named “Jordans” branded after the basketball great. While Jordan kept winning on the court, his shoe line expanded, and Nike was on its way to introducing a total new brand called “Jordan.” The brand’s logo is a photo of Jordan flying through the air as he at...
... middle of paper ...
...ame today. Along with his achievements on the court, the Jordan brand is not going away anytime soon. Jordan’s brand is continuing to grow, and in recent months, has done so through expanding the “Jumpman” logo onto Division 1 football jerseys at the University of Michigan. This made the Wolverines the first football team to sport the “Jumpman” logo in major sports. However, Michigan is a stepping stone with how the Jordan brand is rapidly growing to all sports, collegiate and professional. Jordan also will be remembered with his movie Space Jam, as it brought together iconic American cartoon characters and a real life American icon. Michael Jordan is huge when it comes to pop culture, and he is going to be relevant for a long time due to his motivation, dedication, and work ethic that propelled him to be the American icon he is today who defines the American Dream.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Michael Jordan is a Basketball Role Model When someone says the name Michael Jordan, the first thing that comes to mind is basketball, The Chicago Bulls and Nike shoes. Through the years, Michael Jordan has proved time and time again that he is the greatest basketball player ever, and by performing in this rapidly expanding sporting field, he has gained tremendous popularity throughout the world. People of all ages and from all nationalities have gathered to watch him play. A journalist states 'even your Aunt Matilda might not know nothing about basketball, liked watching him play' (Jonathon 1999:58).... [tags: Papers]
692 words (2 pages)
- Micheal Jordan is one the greatest all-time basketball players in the history of the NBA as well a great role model for athletes. Jordan teaches athletes how to reach towards their goals, how to accept failure, and how to succeed. Michael Jordan is known around the world as “Air Jordan” , " G.O.A.T "( Greatest of All Times), "MJ", and "His Airness ".He acquired this nickname by jumping from the free throw line and dunking. This simulated that he was “flying” through the air. By breaking countless records, winning many NBA titles and being known world round as the best basketball player there ever was, he has forever changed the game of basketball.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- Topic: Jordan being the best basketball player ever Specific Purpose: To persuade the audience that Michael Jordan even now in the present is still the greatest player ever to play in the NBA. Primary Audience Outcome: I the want the audience to understand why there should be no controversy on who is the best basketball player ever. Thesis Statement: Michael Jordan set records and has set the example of what the greatest basketball player can accomplish and really set the standards of what a hall of famer basketball player looks like.... [tags: nba, champion, number 23]
554 words (1.6 pages)
- Michael Jordan is one of the most well known people in the world. Whether it’s on the basketball court or on television, Michael Jordan is seen everywhere. Children see him and “wanna be like Mike.” Parents see him and believe he’s the ideal role model. This is the person everyone sees and adores. However, nobody sees his character off the court and off of television. I believe that his off the court behavior shows his true self. I’m not accusing Michael Jordan of being Satan; I just don’t believe he is the god that everyone makes him out to be.... [tags: essays research papers]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- Michael Jordan: Beyond Personal Glory Michael Jordan is the only athlete to have ever gained the middle name "Air" because of his unbelievable ability to soar through the sky before he smashes the ball through the rim. He has managed to defy all obstacles ever thrown his way within the sport of basketball, earning his reputation as the most competitive and determined player in the NBA. Over the span of Michael Jordan's 18 year long career in the NBA, he has enjoyed world wide attention and recognition as the ambassador of basketball.... [tags: Basketball Players Papers]
2127 words (6.1 pages)
- “If somebody says no to you, or if you get cut, Michael Jordan was cut his first year, but he came back and he was the best ever. That is what you have to have. The attitude that I'm going to show everybody, I'm going to work hard to get better and better” (Magic Johnson). The quote above couldn’t be any truer. Michael Jordan epitomized that. Jordan is an influential person of the 20th century because of his determination to play, success in the NBA, and the legacy he left. Michael Jordan was a hard worker from the beginning of his life to today.... [tags: basketball, legacy, all-star]
863 words (2.5 pages)
- Biography of Michael Jordan Michael Jeffrey Jordan is known by many people as the best basketball player ever to play the game. Jordan played for the Chicago Bulls, helping them obtained six championship titles in eight years. Now remembered for being the best and the most popular athlete in the sports world. He had a great influence on the people. "Jordan was just another great legend" (Stein 2). Being a role model on and off the court Jordan showed his abilities to play the game and his kindness towards other people, especially those who admired him the most.... [tags: Papers]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- JORDAN DOES IT ALL Everyone who reads the sports section of the daily news knows about Michael Jordan. Although the name is not uncommon, there is only one Michael Jordan. He is the fundamental sports hero that has not been plagued by scandal. Jordan appears on all kinds of commercials. Some of those commercials are for Nike, Wheaties cereal, Hanes underwear, Rayovac batteries, MCI phone company, Ball Park hot dogs, and the latest is for his own brand, Jordan. Michael is as big as an icon off the court as when he still played basketball.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1939 words (5.5 pages)
- Michael Jordan Michael Jordan in my opinion, was the greatest basketball player that ever lived. He holds more records than just about everyone that ever played this sport. Some of those records included: being the all-time leading scorer in the Chicago Bulls history, most seasons in which he lead the league in scoring, which was ten, and most consecutive seasons in which he lead the league in scoring, which was seven seasons. Michael Jeffery Jordan was born on February 17, 1963 in the city of Brooklyn, New York.... [tags: essays research papers]
629 words (1.8 pages)
- My Role Model In my life I have had very few role models. They have been mostly famous people I see on TV like Michael Jordan, but what young man hasn't wanted to seemingly fly through the sky and slam dunk a basketball. But as you grow older and mature you soon realize that more than just famous people can be role models to you. To me one of my role models is my friend Nick. Nick and I are a lot alike. We both grew up without a father and had a very supportive mothers who love us very much.... [tags: essays research papers]
483 words (1.4 pages)