For many years Michael Jordan has been seen as one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball. Michael Jordan was first drafted into the NBA by the Chicago Bulls as the third pick in the first round of the NBA draft of 1984, after finishing his college career at the University of North Carolina. Michael Jordan has been known for his high flying and stylish dunks ever since he first stepped into the basketball scene, but there is more to Michael Jordan than his ability to dunk.
Michael Jordan played for the Chicago Bulls from 1984 to 1998 winning six NBA championships from 1991-1993 and 1996-1998. He was also awarded the Most Valuable Player award in 1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, and 1998 as well as Defensive Player of the year in 1988. Michael Jordan was honored with nine All-Defensive First Team in 1988-93, and 1996-98, ten times All NBA First Team and played in fourteen All-Star games, earning three All-Star MVP awards in 1988, 1996, and 1998. And if that was not enough, Michael Jordan was also in the Olympics, earning two gold medals in 1984, 1992 and was named one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history in 1996.
Michael Jordan was able to profitably evolve his basketball skills on offense and defense, making him one of the best players of his time. During his career, Michael Jordan earned beautiful stats on offense as well as defense due to his scoring abilities, teamwork, and respect for oth...
... middle of paper ...
...les and then secured another 102 with his time at Miami. When LeBron traded back to Cleveland in 2014 he completed another 22, given him the grand total of 289 impressive Double-Doubles. During LeBron’s career with both Cleveland and Miami, LeBron was never ejected from any of the games he played. However, LeBron received 50 Technical Fouls and 5 Flagrant Fouls.
It’s no wonder that the debate between these two fantastic NBA superstars has created problems among NBA fans today. Michael Jordan was an exceptional basketball player in the late 80’s into the 1990’s, being honored with several awards during his career. LeBron James has also been honored with several awards he earned during his career and with his talent should earn more before his retirement. The age old question you as a basketball fan should ask yourself is, who do you think is the greatest player?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Comparing LeBron James and Michael Jordan is like comparing apples and oranges. It just isn’t a fair comparison. There are too many differences. There are too many variables. There are too many fallacies that are involved to make a fair assessment to determine who the greatest basketball player of all time is. Unfortunately the comparison is being made seemingly every day, and the article by Mr. Mathis is full of fallacious material. His extreme uses of exaggeration and card stacking, along with many harsh examples of hasty generalizations, makes a claim that Michael Jordan is and always will be the greatest player to play basketball.... [tags: NBA, basketball, Mathis, comparison]
1600 words (4.6 pages)
- During the time of Michael Jordan and the now present Lebron James American culture has changed a lot. Both of these two superstars show how American society love and appreciate their superstars. The society loves them both, they are both amazingly talented and have supporting fans that will always be by their side no matter what happens, through the peaks and valleys. These two allstars are beyond incredible and show their talent in a variety of ways. Both are very truly “Blessed” with their talents and capabilities.... [tags: Basketball, Sports]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- Michael Jordan vs. Lebron James Michael Jordan, in his prime, was thought of as one of the greatest basketball champions of all time. A shooting guard, standing at six-six, Jordan was able to out play anyone in his position. He started his career at the University of North Carolina, where he helped his team win a national championship. He then was drafted by the Chicago Bulls in the 1984-85 season. While playing for the Bulls, Jordan received many awards such as, MVP, five championships, Olympic gold medals, slam dunk contests, and many more defensive and offensive awards.... [tags: Basketball Players Sports Athletes Comparitive]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Go out to an urban neighborhood and find a game of pickup basketball. Listen if you can hear any of the kids yell “Iso!” What does it mean. It literally means isolation, but on the court it means “Give me the ball and let me do it myself.” In Forty Million Dollar Slaves, author William C. Rhoden argues white journalists perpetuated the stereotype that black athletes are selfish with a “one-on-one” mentality. However, Rhoden fails to acknowledge that this “one-on-one” mindset on and off the field is a very real dynamic, with legitimate cause.... [tags: Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, LeBron James]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- Topic: Jordan being the best basketball player ever Specific Purpose: To persuade the audience that Michael Jordan even now in the present is still the greatest player ever to play in the NBA. Primary Audience Outcome: I the want the audience to understand why there should be no controversy on who is the best basketball player ever. Thesis Statement: Michael Jordan set records and has set the example of what the greatest basketball player can accomplish and really set the standards of what a hall of famer basketball player looks like.... [tags: nba, champion, number 23]
554 words (1.6 pages)
- LeBron James happens to be my favorite player and argumentatively the best player in the league. He has accomplished a lot, some would consider he had a path to greatness. As a young man he was considered a protégé. Some of the greats have had a start like his and ended up being in the hall of fame, and some have not lived up to expectation. James grew up in Akron, Ohio where he was born in December 30, 1984. He played high school basketball at St. Vincent–St. Mary High School, where he was highly promoted in the national media as a future NBA superstar.... [tags: NBA, all-star game]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Throughout history, there have been certain controversial topics that have left humans divided. An example of a controversial topic in the world that affects all of us, can be found in the Canadian election ,when Canadians left divided on whom they believe is fit to be the leader of their country. Basketball’s biggest league, the National Basketball Association (NBA) has it’s own election like topic that divides the fans of the NBA with the question: Who is the most impactful NBA player of this era.... [tags: National Basketball Association, Kobe Bryant]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Not only was he a very talented high school player but just like Kobe he skipped the collegiate level to head straight to the NBA for true superstardom. The young phenom’s name was LeBron James. Drafted 1st overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron was probably the most anticipated rookie to ever come into the NBA. As his career has gone on to this day he’s established himself as one of the greatest to ever play along with the legends including Jordan and Kobe (soon to be legend). Michael Jordan, although an all-around player, was mainly known for his killer instinct and scoring ability along with Kobe Bryant.... [tags: professional basketball players]
1417 words (4 pages)
- Many people who watch or play basketball always argue who is the best of all time, or which basketball player is better than the other. And the most two basketball players that get compared with each other is Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan. Both of these two players are exciting to watch when they are on the basketball court. Taking a closer look into both of their careers you can see major similarities but you can also see where both of them have their different paths. Even though they both make the basketball world a better place the real question that needs to be answered is who is better.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- December 21, 1891- The birth of basketball. It has been changed from simply shooting a soccer ball into a peach basket to dunking a seven pound, leather ball into an iron rim. In the early years of the game, basketball was not as popular as other sports. In the 1985 NBA draft all this would change with the emergence of a 6'6" basketball phenomenon from Wilmington, North Carolina. Although going third in the draft, he recreated the game and is known as the best player to ever touch a basketball; he is Michael Jordan.... [tags: Basketball Michael Jordan]
1010 words (2.9 pages)