Michael Jackson’s music didn’t belong to just one genre. He sang R&B, pop, funk, Rock, Gospel and Soul. According to Jill Rosen, MC Saleem Heggins said “I was inspired and entertained by his ability to reach all walks of life… It’s a legacy of creating great music that appeals to people without compromising yourself” (qtd. In Rosen). Some of the songs that spoke to the different walks of life include “Billie Jean”, with lyrics such as “Billie Jean is not my lover, she’s just a girl that claims that I am the one, But the kid is not my son,” a ballot such as “Man in the Mirror” that spoke about changes in his life and making a difference, and “Thriller.” When you listen to some of the lyrics of Michael Jackson’s songs you will discover that some have a positive message while others have a little more risque approach, such as Smooth
Criminal or Bad.
Michael Jackson, the dancer/song writer/ singer/ music producer, “enjoyed a chart-topping career with the Jackson 5 and as a soloist” (Who). “Michael Jackson collaborated with many other talented celebrities of different genres too, such as Paul McCartney, Willie Nelson, Bruce Springsteen, Tina Turner, Bob Dylan and Ray Charles” (Who). This is evidence of the diversity in his talent. Michael Jackson, h...
... middle of paper ...
...et. al). “Michael Jackson is the biggest entertainment influence on the Japanese people after the Beatles,” says Ken Ohtake, president of Sony Music Publishing Japan (qtd in Cobo et. al).
In conclusion, Michael Jackson is a global icon. He inspired people through his diverse music, fashion trends, and social awareness’s that promoted change or difference in the world. Michael Jackson’s fan base includes people of all ages all around the world. He was one of the most popular celebrities best known for chart topping albums and crossover viewers. Even after death, Michael Jackson remains alive through his impersonating fans, songs, and new upcoming artists with, a Michael Jackson like, pop influence. “The meaning of life is contained in every single expression of life. It is present in the infinity of forms and phenomena that exists in all of creation” -Michael Jackson.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The King of Pop is a legend that is still remembered by millions because of his beautiful works of art. His musical talent led many artists to follow in his footsteps like Madonna, and many more. Talent is something that dwells within all of us across the world. Although it comes in different shapes, forms, and fashion we are the ones that have to tap in to the potential and let the talent shine. Whether its singing dancing crocheting talent is something that can really inspire other people. Michael Jackson a singer, song writer, has proven to the world that talent can come out of the ordinary family and rise to greatness.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Tito Jackson]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Michael Jackson was one of the most talented musicians and entertainers in the world but he was also a very misunderstood man in American society. The media and the actions of a person can change how a society perceives someone. This was the case with Michael Jackson. Throughout the 80s he was well known and respected for his music. But further in his life he had problems with his skin color and his alleged pedophile claims. Even with these blemishes in his career after his passing he remembered not for his faults but for his achievements in music and his contribution to popular culture.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Mainstream]
1999 words (5.7 pages)
- An icon for decades, legend for an eternity, Michael Jackson 's impact on the world continues to thrive as a silhouette amongst pop culture. His music has influenced many people to "Xscape" from the deceptions of all the "Dirty Diana[s]." Yet, his talent has encouraged people to "Scream" through all the "Thriller[s]" they receive as his stardom illuminates the stage as the "Smooth Criminal" of performances. His songs vary from selections that you can "Jam" to, those that promote tough love and adornment, while some are advocates for equality.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Diana Ross]
1603 words (4.6 pages)
- 1. Topic Question: Unquestionably one of the most influential musical pioneers of the last half-century, James Brown, often known as “The Godfather of Soul”, laid a musical foundation that many artists were influenced by. Ranging from Mick Jagger to Afrika Bambaataa to Jay Z, Brown’s musical characteristics can be seen in various artists. How did the music of Michael Jackson demonstrate the influence of James Brown. 2. Introduction: “The Godfather of Soul”, better known as James Brown grew to be one of the most influential artists in Michael Jackson’s life.... [tags: Michael Jackson Music]
2558 words (7.3 pages)
- For many decades, popular cultural icons Michael Jackson and Prince dominated the music scene. Over the years, there are always countless discussions about the both of their careers. Although Michael and Prince bear some superficial similarities with their musical influences on the world, the differences between their careers and musical abilities are clear. Michael Joseph Jackson was born on August 29, 1958 in Gary, Indiana to parents Katherine and Joseph Jackson. He was the eighth child born out of ten living in a two-bedroom home.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder]
1045 words (3 pages)
- As Michael Jackson once said, “If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, then make that change.” That’s what he did. Michael Jackson was an American singer, songwriter, and dancer from Gary, Indiana. Before Jackson’s musical contribution, the music industry was descending tremendously. But with his musical abilities and special talent, Michael Jackson has impacted the world. Michael Joseph Jackson was born on August 29th, 1958. Jackson started music when he was very young with four of his family members as a member of the Jackson 5, and he began his solo career in 1971.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Billie Jean]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- Michael Joseph Jackson was and still is seen as the biggest popstar of the 20th century and is also considered the most popular recording artist of all time. A person could identify his voice as soon as they heard it. He had incredible dance moves, musical adaptability, and had a great deal of star power. Jackson was born August 29, 1958 in Gary, Indiana to Katherine Jackson and Joseph Jackson who was a guitarist but had to put his musical ambitions to the side to care for his large family. Michael was a part of a group known as the Jackson 5 just at the age of five, which was made up of four of his older brothers.... [tags: Michael Jackson, Billie Jean, The Jackson 5]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Born to Joseph and Katherine Jackson, MIchael was born on August 29, 1958 in Gary, Indiana. He was the youngest sibling out of 5 but that did not stop his talent from shining through. In the early 1960’s, Michael’s father put together a music group using his sons, which later became known as the Jackson 5 (“Michael Jackson Biography”). Even from an early age, Michael was able to touch the lives of many people. At a young age, Michael became the lead singer of the Jackson 5 because of his voice range and depth.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Katherine Jackson]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- JaKaysha Bobo Anthony Murphy HU305 09/10/17 Michael Jackson’s Life and Legacy In 2007, Michael Jackson told an Ebony magazine writer that "Music has been my outlet, my gift to all of the lovers in this world,” author Katherine E. Krohn wrote in her 2010 book, Michael Jackson: Ultimate Music Legend. “Through it I know I will live forever.” This week, five years after Jackson's death at age 50, he remains one of the world's most popular singers. His second posthumous album, Xscape, immediately vaulted to the top of the charts in the U.S.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Jackson family]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- Music Autobiography The artist that I would to say that change the way how I see music and the attitude that I have with music is Michael Jackson, the legend of pop music. Probably no one would say that he or she is not familiar with Michael Jackson. However, the Michael Jackson he or she knew may just be the songwriting or the dancing or the fashion. In fact, Michael Jackson was way more than that, he dominated each of those artistic avenues, and so many others. Music The first time when I listened to the music of Michael Jackson was when he performed the song We Are the World" with several celebrities and pop-stars to raise money for Haiti.... [tags: Michael Jackson, Culture, Billie Jean, Music video]
1092 words (3.1 pages)