Although I had to carry out numerous tasks, there are several that were more important than others. During my first week, I began running Client Review Centers (CRC). This was a task that I regularly executed for nearly all the advisors. When a client comes in for a meeting, the financial advisor needs to show the progress their client has made over the years with Merrill Lynch. The Client Review Center gives the entire client's general information: the diversification of their portfolio, the amount of change his portfolio has undergone, and the client's total assets. In...
... middle of paper ...
...sses, but to a greater extent. For example, I learned the differences between the Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA): the Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, and the SEP-IRA, which I went into detail in my journals. It was shocking to see how much the finance classes I took actually drew a parallel to the work I did during my internship.
For eight weeks, I gave up the traditional summer activities. Rarely did I see my friends, go out to social events, nor did I have spending money. I gave up two months because I knew the reward would be much greater than the risk. The sacrifice I made seemed immense at first, but I know that this can only help me in the future. I am truly grateful for the opportunity and recommend this internship to anyone willing to make the sacrifice as well.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- •Merrill Lynch, a massive investment back on Wall Street was the starter of the biggest mortgage companies to go wild. Merrill plan was to do a subprime mortgages that would get people to fail on their own toxic products. He knew those debts would stack up and then people would not afford to pay off that mortgage. His plan was to secretly bet against or insuring themselves to fail. Merrill only focused on making more money by doing subprime mortgages. Therefore, the plan was to get mortgages that would not be sustained and redo it into a subprime mortgages.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change]
1822 words (5.2 pages)
- investments. Of course, it is possible for corruption to enter a business that derived from one person, but revolved into a major firm that would impact thousands of American citizens. However, it is management’s responsibility to ensure that the firm’s foundation remains second to God. “Where there is no guidance the people fall, But in abundance of counselors there is victory” (Proverbs 11:14, NASV). If the leaders of the business do not respect the values of the business, it will lead to lack of respect for employees and customers.... [tags: Ethics, Morality, Merrill Lynch, Leadership]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- After working with multiple campaigns this summer, my personal and professional growth in the field of political science has increased significantly. The opportunities that have come to fruition through my time and commitment to these individuals running for political office have changed my outlook on the political process. It takes a lot of groundwork to efficiently connect with voters, even in a state that is perceived to vote in one direction. After researching multiple perspectives and salient points, it is clear that there is no substitute for the internship experience when it comes to first hand knowledge of any type of work.... [tags: Employment, Intern, Internship]
2368 words (6.8 pages)
- II. F. How could classroom experiences have better prepared you for your internship? Having an internship is very beneficial experience for students and the business sectors and universities involved. The universities that include internship programs in their curriculum, classroom experiences of students in different fields should be improved by providing students more actual application of theories learned through group works and projects. Though university professors are knowledgeable in their area of specialization, an occasional invitation of experts in the modern media to provide lectures and forums is very valuable to further provide students deep knowledge of what is going in the wor... [tags: Employment, Intern, Internship, University]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- Every college student is concerned about his or her academic future, especially nowadays in times of the economic crisis. College students are desperate for experience that might distinguish them later from other job applicants and improve their chances of getting their desired jobs. Internships provide valuable experience necessary for jobs and are an important part of the academic career. However, when it comes to internships, the issue of unpaid internships may be raised with opinions differing on the question of the benefits of such unpaid internships.... [tags: Internships]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- I. BACKGROUND AND BUSINESS MODEL OF THE INTERNSHIP SITE Ophidion, Inc. is an early stage biopharmaceutical company located in Pasadena. The company is currently developing a new class of safe and effective drugs targeting some of the most important molecules in the central nervous system, the neuronal nicotinic receptors. These drugs will potentially be used to treat several cognitive disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ADHD, schizophrenia, depression, and many other CNS diseases.... [tags: Internship Reflection]
2513 words (7.2 pages)
- Internship Report Format 1. Title Page One original title page, prepared in the same format as the Sample Internship title is given at the end. Page submitted with the original signatures of Program coordinator. The date on the title page will depend on the semester you will receive your degree. 2. Acknowledgements If you wish, you may include a page with a brief note of dedication or acknowledgment of help received from particular persons. 3. Table of Contents The contents page should clearly and accurately index the page numbers of the various sections of the dissertation.... [tags: Internship Report]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- Northeastern Co-ops The key to a well-rounded college career is having a combination of experiential education and academic studies. Having the opportunity to dapple into your field of study one year into college is an experience not offered to most students. It allows the student a chance to grow up and join the real world, for six-months at a time. Northeastern University, in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts, offers just that to all of its undergraduate students. Northeastern University is ranked number one in co-ops by the Princeton Review, and offers a six-month long internship program every year.... [tags: University Work Experience Students Essays]
1802 words (5.1 pages)
- Internship with the Police Department Throughout my one hundred and twenty-hour experience with the Gloversville Police Department, I learned many skills, values and the ways of this Police Department. Many of the calls and situations I went to often could relate to a certain theory that I learned in any of my law classes. I would recommend any student majoring in Criminal Justice to try to take an internship with a local law enforcement agency. I am currently signed up for the civil service test for Gloversville Police Department, If I do qualify for the Police I believe that this internship will give me a huge head start.... [tags: Internship Police Department Criminal Essays]
2172 words (6.2 pages)
- Business internships are helping students gain real world experience while they are not actually out in the real world yet. Internships are becoming more and more popular with college students in today’s world. An internship is basically when a student in college goes to a company or business and works while they are still enrolled in school and still getting academic credit. The main purpose of the internship is for the student to gain valuable on the job work experience. But there are also other things that a student can get from internships.... [tags: Internship Programs]
1333 words (3.8 pages)