The central issue 3
Mercedes-Benz’s Management Goals 3
Management Constraints 3
Alternatives to dealing with management constraints 4
Implementation plan 5
(Albright, 2008, pp. 1) carried out a case study on the Mercedes Benz’s All Activity Vehicle (AAV) that the company developed as one of the new vehicle models it introduced into the market to counter the negative performance results it posted in the wake of the early 1990s recession that led to a dip in its sales and consequent losses.
The central issue
The central issue that (Albright, 2008, pp. 1) intends to bring out in the case study is how a company like Mercedes-Benz can overcome problems of a diminishing market share and high production costs to ultimately increase their vehicle sales by developing new vehicle models, that are targeted at emerging market segments and niches while ensuring that the product development costs are minimized. As a result of the great recession of the early 1990s, Mercedes made losses for the first time in its history. There was thus a need to develop a new strategy to overturn the results and get back to its profitability making history.
Mercedes-Benz’s Management Goals
According to (Albright, 2008, pp. 1), the goals of Mercedes-Benz’s management are to increase its market share through identification of new market segments and niches of customers and target them with new models in the most cost effective way while maintaining their internal standards of quality and customer satisfaction. They intended to achieve these goals through globalization and establishment of manufacturing plants as close as possi...
... middle of paper ...
...ies need to make bold steps in addressing challenges present in the environments in which they operate. It is also important to incorporate consumers’ participation in product design and specifications by explaining product concepts and ideas to them and seeking their ideas and suggestions. This ensures that the final product is acceptable to them as they will feel they own the product and thus become encouraged to buy it. It is also important to develop seamless relationships with suppliers of product components and systems and ensure that they are involved from the early stages of new product development so that they understand and co-own the production process to avoid deviations from projections and targets in terms of costs of productions.
Albright, T. (2008). Mercedes-Benz All Activity vehicle (AAV). IMA Educational Case Journal, 1(1), 1-4.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mercedes Benz Mercedes company was founded in 1926. It’s a german automobile company. Company was founded by Karl benz. Mercedes has established itself as a premium carmaker. It has created a niche market as it target the premium buyers only. Only few percent of people around the world can buy it. The company has many competitors like Bmw, Audi, Jaguar, Land rover, Volvo. But company has established itself as for business or first class only.... [tags: Mercedes-Benz, Luxury vehicle, Mercedes-AMG]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction The global company Mercedes-Benz is considered one of the most successful and well-known automotive companies worldwide. Since 1886, the company’s founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz made history with the invention of the automobile, including the Daimler Group, which is one the biggest producers of premium cars and the world’s biggest manufacturer of commercial vehicles globally (Daimler, 2013). Their main focus is innovation, safety, technology, style, brand image, expansion, and superior automobiles by offering the best of the best to consumers worldwide.... [tags: Gottlieb Daimler, Carl Benz, business]
3043 words (8.7 pages)
- Product reliability as far as car brands are concerned is composed of genuine and long lasting products and spares. “Mercedes brand is durable indeed, although when it comes to spare parts the costs of acquisition are expensive.” (Keller et. al., 2012 p9) The parts are not compatible with spares from other car brands making it not easy to service. But, Ford cars are comparatively not long lasting. However, spares are compatible making it possible to replace the spares with that of different models.... [tags: Mercedes-Benz, Karl Benz, Automobile]
2006 words (5.7 pages)
- Mercedes-Benz was looking to build their first auto manufacturing plant in the United States in 1993. The company was intent on locating in North Carolina because of their experience with their large truck division plant that was located in that state. The company’s officials did not intend on visiting Alabama and was not considering the state when Governor Jim Folsom, Jr. and other officials signaled their intent to bid on the new plant. This “give-away” was viewed negatively in a state that has a poor education system and under-funded pension system and caused Folsom to lose re-election in the next election to Fob James.... [tags: Business Administration]
1251 words (3.6 pages)
- The Mercedes-Benz S-Class has yielded multiple permutations over the years with the S550e Sedan one of the newest among them. This rear-wheel drive plug-in hybrid electric vehicle is now in its third model year, one of the few luxury PHEVs of its kind. What’s New for 2017 Light changes accompany the 2017 Mercedes-Benz S550e, a full-size five-passenger model. One new exterior color and an update to one upholstery color simply bring in coordinated floor mats. Other than these additions, the S550e returns unchanged for 2017.... [tags: Plug-in hybrid, Electric vehicle, Hybrid vehicle]
707 words (2 pages)
- Individuals who are looking for a value-oriented vehicle that projects a luxurious image should look at the 2014 C-Class Mercedes Benz. This class of Mercedes is a good choice for an automobile that has a variety of features. Engine options range from a turbo-charged four cylinder to a V-8 for those who are desiring high-performance. Consumers have the choice of riding in a coupe or compact sedan. The 2014 C-Class Mercedes Benz offers a refreshed design last seen with the 2012 model. This was an update that makes the C-Class feel like a modern design all over again.... [tags: good choice, automobile, luxuries image]
542 words (1.5 pages)
- As the market continues to grow for smart-phone and tablet computer apps, car companies are beginning to want a piece of the action so they can offer you a variety of cloud computing apps in your vehicle. Whether it is apps for finding parking at the local mall or GPS apps for directions, car companies like Mercedes-Benz, Ford, and Toyota are upgrading their cars to accommodate their clients' digital lifestyles. For example, Mercedes-Benz is developing a series of apps that use voice recognition software for interaction with Facebook and Twitter while you are driving.... [tags: Social Media Integration]
492 words (1.4 pages)
- ... This school was established in January 2012 and is an independent learning centre situated in the East Coast Resorts area, near East London. The school provides a top class education for children from disadvantaged and underprivileged backgrounds, funding for their schooling comes from Mercedes-Benz and donations by anyone whom wants to donate or sponsor a child. The costs are R9240.00 per year, which pays for the transport to and from the child’s home as well as the child’s school fees. The school started off with only having grade R to Grade 2, but is hoping to expand to Grade 7 by expanding by one Grade per year.... [tags: Community, Service, Programs]
3299 words (9.4 pages)
- Comparison of BMW and Mercedes Benz The most popular car of this century are the Mercedes Benz and the BMW. Many different cars in the world dont campare to at least half of what a Mercedes Benz and a BMW are. Two specific cars are the 2000 BMW M 2-door Coupe 3.2L, 2000 BMW X5 sports activity vehicle 4-door sport utility 4.4L, 2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK 430 2- door Coupe 4.3L, and the 2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Kompressor 2-door convertible 2.3L. In this report I will be tlaking about these specific types of Mercedes-Benz and BMW.... [tags: Compare Contrast Cars Essays]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- The name Mercedes-Benz entails a plethora of thoughts from elegance to performance. Mercedes has a connotation of being the quintessential form of a German-made car. They combine luxury and performance to make the perfect vehicle. 'The best or nothing', the slogan for Mercedes-Benz sums up the past, present, and future for their company. The company’s two founders, (Karl Benz and Gottlieb Daimler) have been making history since the year 1886 ("A Star). The timeless body styling of all Mercedes-Benz models require no annual changes.... [tags: Germany, Luxury Cars, Automobiles]
1793 words (5.1 pages)
- Harper Lee Exposed in To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Corruption of the American Dream in The Great Gatsby
- The Use of X-rays for Diagnosis and Therapy
- Effects of Levels of Processing, Context, and Gender Differences in Recall Memory
- Police Officers: The Challange of Handlig a Riot
- The Exclusionary Rule: Redefining the Crminal Justice System