Practices of pharmacy have been around for thousands of years. It began with simple herbs, and has developed into the practices that we see today. Nowadays, we see numerous drug stores on the way to work, and have access to any medication that we need. There are countless medicines and regulations for every single one of them. This is a big difference than what was around thousands of years ago. In fact, it wasn 't until ...
... middle of paper ...
...he salary. To me, pharmacy used to be only counting and sorting pills, but now I see it 's so much more. The most interesting part to me is the many choices a person can make with their career. A pharmacist could choose the clinical route, the retail sales, or even choose the developing route. They can find any job that suits their wants. To me, I feel like this information is valuable. I do not plan to be a pharmacist, but it 's nice to be educated on all the choices I can have. Even if I don 't choose to be a pharmacist, it is still something else to be knowledgable about, which is never a bad thing. Overall, I do not think I will be a pharmacist, but it 's not something I wouldn 't do. I think I would like to be a clinical pharmacist, so that I could work with both doctors and patients. So I am interested in pharmacy, but I 'm still set on my current career choice.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Pharmacy Major A medical profession that releases drugs to patients as prescribed by a doctor, best describes a pharmacist (Kelly 7). The medical profession must have adequate knowledge on how drugs react with the bodies of human beings. In addition, a competent pharmacist knows the reaction of a mixture of various drugs. Notably, skills in measurement and packaging of drugs are essential in a pharmacy profession. This is because excess or insufficient amounts of drugs may lead to fatal incidences or drug resistance.... [tags: education, medical field, pharmacist]
557 words (1.6 pages)
- People, all over the world, have lifelong dreams that they hope to fulfill. As kids, everyone has those dream jobs made up in their mind. As a child, my dreams started out with wanting to be a ballerina, to a firefighter, a cook and finally landed, at eight years old, with the decision of going into the medical field. Yes, my dreams of what I wanted to be in the medical field changed over time but I have had my eyes set on pharmacy since I was a junior in high school. Junior year, I was required to take the ASVAB.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmacist, Medicine]
1391 words (4 pages)
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will.” When I first started college I always knew I wanted to serve a purpose in the medical field; I didn’t have all the guidance or resources to know exactly how to accomplish that goal. Everything became a trial and error for me, I researched different occupations by doing so I was able to discover pharmacy. I was really drawn to the impact you can make in a person’s life by being their pharmacist. I never knew how much of a difference pharmacist made in health care.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Doctor of Pharmacy]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- The field trip I attended to Queen’s Medical Center West Oahu was very meaningful to me and truly helped me a lot. During the field trip, I was able to see the working environment that a variety of health professionals work in everyday. When learning about the wide variety of health professions that are offered at the hospital, it helped me obtain a better understanding of what I want to become when I grow up. I got to experience a range of activities that helped me sort what I was interested in and what I was not.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Pharmacy, Hospital]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- I chose my past career pharmacy technician. A pharmacy technician assists the pharmacist in filling prescriptions for the patient. There are many different settings and positions in this career. My favorite is the inpatient hospital setting. The technicians prepare IVs, patient medicine trays, and sometimes packages them in the pharmacy so the nurse is able to scan the medications. Other settings include, retail pharmacy where one would interact with the customers, and the main job is to fill the prescription bottles, and sometimes mix up creams in the compounding lab.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Medicine, Pharmacology]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- GAP ESSAY In most cases, when you ask a kid about what he wants to be when he grows up, he would probably answer a doctor, a lawyer, or an engineer. It is very rare that you would hear a little kid saying that he wants to be a pharmacist. I have to be honest pharmacy wasn’t really something that I dreamed about as a child; it was only in recently that I have developed an appreciation to my chosen field. Like doctors, pharmacists also save lives by providing proper medication to people who are in need.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Apothecary]
1527 words (4.4 pages)
- Although it is difficult for me to pinpoint a direct incident that cultivated my passion for the medical field, specifically pharmacy, I know that for as long as I am able to remember I have had an interest in sciences. From a young age, I have always excelled in science based learning, and I credit much of my success to my mom, a physics teacher who encouraged my interests and helped me choose, albeit unintentionally, my education and career paths. As for why I chose pharmacy as my educational path is directly related to my interests in the sciences.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Common cold, Education]
702 words (2 pages)
- I realize how crucial the dispensation of drugs is because I saw a death of a young boy by taking wrong medication couples years ago. Therefore, I applied for a career in pharmacy to understand more about the dispensing process. Amazingly, I was offered a pharmacy technician position at CVS pharmacy. My life has become more interesting and challenging from that day. Being a pharmacy technician, I have had an opportunity to work with pharmacists in order to understand how to be a pharmacist.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Clinical pharmacy]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- As a seasoned Certified Pharmacy Technician with thirty six years of retail pharmacy experience and with some hospital pharmacy experience, nationally certified in IV preparation, I have acquired excellent knowledge and skills in the areas of community dispensing and pharmacy communications and operations. I have also gained excellent knowledge of prescription drugs, home health care and non-prescription products. I also possess over thirty years of experience in the customer service field, and possess an awareness and sensitivity to the cross-cultural communications requirements needed to meet the needs of a diverse clientele.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- As I have grown up and experienced college, I have encountered numerous people and fellow students aspired to become engineers and doctors, all eager to become esteemed members of the community because of the status such careers bring. I, however, have always been drawn to the career path of pharmacy and becoming a contributing member of my community in that particular outlet. A pharmacy is in many ways a pillar of a community’s overall health and wellbeing as well as a valuable resource for medical and insurance related information.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist]
795 words (2.3 pages)