I contacted the victim, Keshia Lobehan, and her friend Cynthia Roberts in room 20 of the hospital emergency room, where she was in the process of getting a rape kit completed. Lobehan stated she had been raped yesterday, Tuesday 08/30/16, at the above address by a male she knew by "Jerry". It should be noted Jerry was later identified by a Wisconsin driver’s license as Jerry Brown.
Lobehan explained that she had lived in an RV in the driveway of 1006 17th ST SE, which is owned by Cynthia and Robert Bishop, for just over a month. Lobehan said she has known Brown for about one month, and described him as an acquaintance. Lobehan said she had never been in a dating, or sexual relationship with Brown, and she had never done or said anything to Brown to make him believe otherwise.
Lobehan stated on Tuesday 08/30/16 at about 0200 hours she arrived to the Bishop 's residence and went inside and spoke with Cynthia for around one hour. Cynthia confirmed she had spoken with Lobehan for about an hour around 0200. Lobehan said after speaking with Cynthia she left the residence and went into the RV, which was parked in the driveway on the southwest corner of the residence. Lobehan said she went to sleep on the couch in the RV and was sleeping on her stomach.
Lobehan said at an unknown time, she woke up and felt someone massaging her back. Lobehan said the back of her shirt was pulled up to the bottom of her neck, and the whoever was massaging her was straddling her. Lobehan said she heard a male voice say, "I told you I give good back massages".
... middle of paper ...
...hen he was able to make a copy of the video.
I called Officer Doll and told him to ask Brown if he was at the residence or RV on Tuesday morning, and he told me that Brown said he was not.
Officer Doll completed a Superform. I included the form in the case jacket.
Officer Foster transported Brown to SCORE jail where he was booked for Rape 3rd. While at SCORE jail Officer Foster obtained Brown’s clothing for evidence, and later entered it into evidence.
At 0000 hours dispatch advised the Multicare Auburn Medical Center advised the rape kit was ready. At 0020 hours I went to the hospital and collected the rape kit and Lobehan’s clothing, which was a tank top and jeans. I entered the rape kit and the clothing into evidence.
This case is cleared by adult arrest and is being forwarded to the Auburn Police Department detectives for review and filing of charges.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are many ways, where you can become a victim of a crime. In every crime, there is a victim. There is no required age limit in becoming a victim of a crime, from infant to elderly you can become a victim of any crime. In some instances you can be a victim of fraud, sexual abuse, mental and physical abuse. Victim advocates are and can be based on the type of crime victims (National Organization for Victim Assistance, 2015). But given in your time of need the government has giving us the resources of having victim advocates (U.S.... [tags: Police, Victim, Crime, Criminology]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- What Is a Rape Crisis Center Rape Crisis Centers are around to provide comprehensive services to victims of sexual assault and their families, and to conduct sexual assault prevention and education programs for everyone (About, n.d.). Background/History Rape crisis centers come into play around the early 1970s. The rape crisis movement as well as the feminist movement played a large role on the rape crisis center coming into play. These centers have helped so many people since they have opened before they were open husbands were able to sexual assault their wives with no consequences.... [tags: Comprehensive Services, Sexual Assault]
1991 words (5.7 pages)
- The definition of rape is: The unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse. Basically, rape is a forceful act in trying any way possible to make someone have sex with them. This crime is still being committed to this day and is not viewed as big of an issue as it truly is. In order to prove rape is a disgusting and unnecessary crime, the following essay will consist of the history, laws, the costs involved, health effects, and the opposing side’s beliefs.... [tags: Harrassment, Physical, Victims]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- Rape within the Military as a Global Social Issue Rape has been going on since the beginning of time. It is a crime that takes place not only in our country, in our world, but even in our military. The first rape crisis center was established in the 1970’s. Now more than ever, many men and women in the military are coming forward after these horrific assaults are forced against them. Unlike past decades, this tragic and vicious crime is being brought to the fore front, and starting to be addressed more than ever.... [tags: rapporteur, sexual abuse]
2054 words (5.9 pages)
- Exemplary Essay - The Tragedy of Date Rape In the fall of 1995, Kristin Cooper was a sophomore at Baker University in Kansas. She was a member of Alpha Chi Omega, an expert skier from the mountains of Colorado, a swimmer, and was active in band, choir and drama. On the night of New Year's Eve of that same year, her mother Andrea Cooper came home to find Kristina dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head on the family room floor. Cooper shared the story of her daughter's last months through an essay titled "Kristin's Story".... [tags: Expemplification Essays]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- Chapter one Purpose The purpose of this project is to introduce a brochure, based on current evidence, that can help rape victims find a healthy approach to recovery. It is important to provide victims with support, contact numbers, counselors and self help strategies in case they do not follow up with a medical professional. If victims refuse to talk it is important to teach them about therapeutic poetry and journaling which are optimal ways of expressing emotions. Holding in feelings over time can lead to self directed violence, nightmares, trust issues, and changes in relationships.... [tags: Project Analysis]
1233 words (3.5 pages)
- ... There is so much pressure and emotions built up that when the victim is finally ready to tell their story, there is a great relief of emotions. Many push their feelings so far down that they often have a hard time socializing with others after their assault. They want to guard and protect themselves from being anymore emotionally or physically hurt. As well as they have the idea that no one will understand what they went through even if they told them. This thought causes victims to begin to close themselves off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Rape, Sexual assault, Sexual intercourse, Victim]
700 words (2 pages)
- We live in a world where we care more about a rape victim 's clothes than the fact that they were assaulted and it’s time we address that. No one cares about rape victims today. It’s old news; nothing but some exaggerated tale crafted by the dreaded feminazi. These cases are all too easy to dismiss―we have lots of practice at it. For example we’ve coined many phrases such as: they could have fought back. They should have walked a different street. They’re lying. Men can’t be raped they can defend themselves.... [tags: Rape, War rape, Rape culture, Sexual slavery]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- Psychological Effects of Sexual Assault Sexual assault is a term that is used interchangeably with the word rape. The decision on whether or not to use the term rape or sexual assault is made by a state’s jurisdiction. Sexual assault is more readily used in an attempt to be more gender neutral (National Victim Center). Sexual assault can be most easily described as forced or unconsentual sexual intercourse. The individual that is performing these acts on the victim may either be a stranger or an acquaintance.... [tags: Rape Psychology Essays]
1498 words (4.3 pages)
- Forensic nursing has not always been recognized although practiced by nurses every day. In reality, all nurses no matter the specialty have developed some investigative techniques. A forensic nurse is a nurse who deals with violence, sexual abuse victims, and abusers. “In 1995 forensic nursing gained specialty recognition by the American Nurses Association. It is an emerging global nursing specialty, with subspecialties that focus on nursing practice at the clinical legal interface of tending to victims and offender, living and deceased” (Kent-Wilkinson, 2010, p.425).... [tags: specialty, abuse, violence, victim, offernder]
1678 words (4.8 pages)