Nicki Minaj is a renknown female rapper for many genres including hip-hop, r&b, and rap who is known for empowering women through her music. Throughout her music career, Nicki Minaj became iconic for being a fearless female African-American rapper and recently played a major role in changing society’s view on “big butts”. Her music video, Anaconda, had become a major hit with over five hundred million viewers on Youtube. From a wild jungle theme to many sexual innuendos in this music video, it attracted many fans to adore her wild-side as well as people against this inappropriate behavior conceived for fe...
... middle of paper ...
...a, it often buries the negative effects that comes with the augmentation, such as scars, the risks of a bad procedure, or even death. What is shown in media is only a limited version to what’s really there.
Controversially, Nicki Minaj’s endeavor in the music industry has become a huge influence in individuals and society today. It had led to positive feats such as the innovation of new acceptance of curvier bodies in media. While on the contrary, it raised a superficial need of changing oneself due to what is seen as popular or “attractive” in media. Thus it is safe to assess that society heavily depends on mass media in order function and outlets such as the music industry can push forward shifts in popular culture. Nicki Minaj’s career as a rapper without a doubt left a mark on how society perceives beauty while proving the susceptibility of society to mass media.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Unit 5 rough draft Media has impacts on both socially and politically. Media has two main elements that are news and entertainment. People have argued if social media has a good impact on our society and some that has said that social media has a negative impact on society. The impact of media on the society extends to both social and political sectors. The first email was sent in 1971 with started social media. It has progressed from emails to messaging and emoticons on Facebook. About 1 in 4 people has at least one social media site (Whiteman).... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Twitter]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- The media has always have had a prominent place in all societies and at all times, in such a way that today this can not be explained without those. The reason implies in the vitality of the media in terms of impact, extent and penetration of the diversity of their products, messages, forms and contents. From this perspective, it is important to consider the scenarios in which the mass media impact on the consumer society, from children and teenagers to young adults, housewives, professionals, families, among other recipients of the messages through of various media products it produces, such as cartoons, detective series, youth, sitcoms, soap operas, contests, opinion, sports, news, documen... [tags: Ethics, Business ethics, Mass media, Ethical code]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- “Whoever controls the media controls the mind,” A quote once said by Jim Morrison that exemplifies the huge impact that media has upon individuals and society today. Coming from a generation where technological advancements increased rapidly over a short period of time, it led to an increase in many forms of mass media including the newspapers, radios, and social networks. Mass media is a form of communication that redesigned to reach and influence very large audiences (Boss, n.d), however society often forgets that mass media control what can and cannot be seen; often skewing interpretations of what is being portrayed.... [tags: Mass media, Advertising, Female body shape, Music]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Today, in the United States, nearly four out of every five women are unhappy with their look, and nearly half of every television commercial aimed at a female audience mention the importance of a physical appeal. The younger generation of our country is one that is driven by fame and popularity more so than that of what’s most important. Although media has helped connect the world with exposure, it negatively impacts the behavior and standards by which the youth lives by and has even negatively affected the health of our younger generation.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Mass media, News media]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- Insert Title here Rick Brunson, University of Central Florida journalism professor, wore an “I love Journalism” T-shirt earlier this month in his usual Orlando coffee shop and caught the attention of a man wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat. Brunson was shocked when the man in the hat told him that journalist “should be shot.” This was shocking to Brunson because he has worn this shirt for a couple of years without any incident and he says that this statement crosses a line. Inauguration day is approaching and media is one of the items on the next president’s to-do-list.... [tags: Journalism, Mass media, Truth, News media]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Mainstream media is vital means which keep people informed about event and news over the world.Media plays an important and powerful part in our lives. The Media’ is an incredibly powerful way to send information and messages to specific groups of people, a particular society, or just about everyone.Recently, the media has gained more control over what political information is presented to the public.in America, they try to pay close attention to everything that goes on in the government. Whatever decision they make the people want to know when, where, why, and how.... [tags: Mass media, Propaganda, Mainstream]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- On February 4, 2004, Facebook was launched and with it the epidemic of social media impact crept in its shadows. Society was revolutionized by a new era of social interaction, where individuals could connect through media channels and share their unique brand with the immediate world. Just two years later Twitter was launched, and soon after Instagram was the newest contender in the running. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are just three of the top social media outlets that millennials crave.... [tags: Facebook, Sociology, Twitter, Social media]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- This is a great way to get people to consume and want your product without knowing that you are behind it. This was they wont feel pressured and uncomfortable by having people market to them directly, which makes people more inclined to look up my brand and purchase something. In the media there are many different strategies used, but one of the most powerful tools is agenda setting. Agenda setting tells people what to think about, but not what to think. This concept creates public awareness of salient issues by the news and media.... [tags: Concept, Idea, News media, Psychology]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- Impact of the Media on Society Media technologies are becoming an important aspect of today’s society. Each and every day, people interact with media of many different forms. Media is commonly defined as being a channel of communication. Radio, newspapers, and television are all examples of media. It is impossible to assume that media is made up of completely unbiased information and that the media companies do not impose their own control upon the information being supplied to media users.... [tags: Television Media TV Essays]
1589 words (4.5 pages)
- Impact of Mass Media on Individuals, Society, and Culture Mass media, over the years, has had a profound effect on American society, on its culture, and on the individuals exposed to the media. Mass media is a form of socialization, having a long-term effect on each member of American society. While mass media targets the individual in short-term intervals, the overall influence on them has been established as the consumer moves from one impressionable age category to another. The long or short- term effects of mass media are separate and distinct when its role in America is evaluated.... [tags: Mass Media Sociology Society Culture]
1180 words (3.4 pages)