Mechanical engineering has been around ever since man started making tools; although, the first mechanical engineering degree was not awarded until 1878. On the contrary, the very first steam engine was believed to be built in the first century! My point is that we cannot pinpoint exactly when mechanical engineering started, but only when it gained its name. Mechanical engineering deals with anything that moves. This means that mechanical engineering dates all the way back to when we put wheels on wagons or invented the pulley. Over time, however, the inventions have become more and more sophisticated. It started with the evolution of the world’s technology and the push in human imagination. One of the very first inventions dealing with mechanical engineering is the wheel. The wheel was invented around 3500 B.C. and has become a vital part of everyday life since then. Another huge invention relating to mechanical engineering is the compass. It revolutionized the world and allowed for vast exploration. Yet, these inventions barely even scratch the surface of what has been invented over the centuries. There has been the printing press, the internal combustion engine, the cotton gin, tractors, cars, motorcycles, bicycles, the sewing machine as well as many, many more. The innumerous ...
... middle of paper ...
... basis. The problems there deal with something as small as a mis-sized drill hole all the way up to poblems in the engines. It is truly incredible just how many problems a mechanical engineer has to deal with on a daily basis.
Mechanical Engineering is one of the most broad, yet influential sections of engineering. The deal with a multitude of problems and are required to receive a scholarship that encompasses so many aspects of every type of engineering. Mechanical engineers are a necessity in today’s society and will continue to be as the future goes on. This is because there will always be problems in society, but he engineers will always push for the idea of perfection no matter how inachievable it may seem. The world would be at a stand still without engineers. Progress is what makes our world great but mechanical engineers are the people that make progress.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest and most diverse engineering field in existence. It has a long history, as it first came about during the Roman Empire. There were inventions prior to this that could be considered major feats in the mechanical engineering field also, but mechanical engineering didn’t always have the name it has today. The fact of the matter is that mechanical engineering has always been in existence and it always will be. Mechanical engineering has been around ever since man started making tools; although, the first mechanical engineering degree was not awarded until 1878.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- Metaphors in the Mechanical Engineering Field The Mechanical Engineering field involves multiple disciplines. The language from the disciplines converges into a complex dialect of sayings and metaphors. Metaphors are used in the field as “a figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison” . The Mechanical Engineering field entails different working environments and types of employment. The metaphors CAD jockey, cube farm, and worth his salt encapsulate different aspects of a Mechanical Engineer.... [tags: Language Linguistics]
611 words (1.7 pages)
- Reaction Paper 4 As the Guest Lectures come to an end, I really enjoyed this portion of the career planning class, as I got to learn about so many careers in the STEM fields and how each of the speakers got into their respective position. Overall, the speakers today did a good job talking about their careers, but I felt like sometimes, I lost track of what they were talking about. The presentation that began with Dr. Cherie Yestrebsky started the class off really well, but then as it progressed to the other speakers, I felt that it was harder to follow along during the presentation.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Field]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- There are various types of engineering that make the world the way it is. The engineering field is a huge necessity to the world. The field provides a sense of infrastructure and stability to anywhere and everywhere, and without engineers, the world would pretty much fall apart. Lots of people assume that engineering only has to deal with the environment and the external structures that make up where we live, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. Other types of engineering include the makeup of the body, and the function of the specific internal organs.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Biomechanics]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- Everyone wants to be something from a doctor to a stylist, I want to be a mechanical engineer. This is something I have always wanted to do in my life, the opportunities that exist in this field can lead to anything. Mechanical engineers are able to do many tasks in the job environment from designing, to developing, and also building. In addition, as new companies are starting up they will need mechanical engineers to help them develop their product. All of the engineering fields have great pay, that is able to support my family and also my parents.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- Past, Present, and Future analysis of Mechanical engineering Mechanical engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with physics, and scientific principles to analyze, design, manufacture, and maintain mechanical systems. Mechanical engineering has been in exciting long ago. Mechanical engineers look at challenges to see how mechanical devices to overcome those challenges. They fabricate mechanical devices using analysis and computer-aided method. Mechanical engineers produce machines such as steam generator and engines.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Design]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- What Mechanical Engineers Do The career that I have chosen for this assignment is mechanical engineering. There are many branches in engineering which makes the field very broad, but I think mechanical engineering is best fit for me. Mechanical engineers use many engines, equipment, and vehicles to construct devices and thermal sensors that can help change our lives. These people evaluate the problems in the mechanics of subsystems and try to fix the particular issue with it so that it can return to its proper state of usage.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Abstract Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the principles to create and construct machines and their parts. Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest disciplines. Mechanical engineering became important after the industrial revolution in the 19th century. Mechanical engineering has continued to improve with new technology making it an important and exciting career path. Mechanical engineers design, create, construct, and maintain a mechanical system. Students who want to enroll in this field should have a strong foundation in Math, Science, and Physics.... [tags: Mechanical engineering, Engineering, Design]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Mechanical Engineering Mechanical engineering is seen as a broad level of engineering. There are several different ideas that could be addressed in this profession. For example, mechanical engineers have many responsibilities, some of which include developing processes and products, and testing designs. Engineering is its own branch of science and technology that concerns the designing, building, and usage of engines, machines, and other structures. Mechanical engineering focuses more on the machines.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Steam engine]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Nico Berryhill 8th grade December 15 2017 Period 4 Mechanical Engineer. Because it is so awesome, my brother and my step sister works on mechanical engineer, and Iron man he works on mechanical engineer too ¨ so awesome¨ and so I get a all lot of money. They do Mechanical Engineer design and create machines and mechanical systems like Introduction to engineering, Computer integrated manufacturing, Principles of engineering, and engineering mathematics.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Benefits Of Delivering Value Development Framework
- Obesity Is The Highest Rates
- Exploration Against Portugal For The Promised Wealth And Profit
- How Do Social Media Affect Behavior?
- Immigration Debate Over The United States
- The Incarceration Of The Prison And Correctional Facility : America 's Penitentiaries And Prisons