Since the world medical device markets have been growing rapidly, the medical device manufacturing has been becoming an emerging industry with good prospect. According to the analysis of Chinese medical product industry, the global sales revenue of medical products has grew from 187 billion USD in 2001 to 355.3 billion USD in 2009, of which the growth rate has exceeded the global GDP’s. Over the past two decades, China has had a massive impact on the medical products market due to the open-door of the market supply for China. As the emerging hi-tech manufacturer, Chinese brand medical products have been gradually accepted by the international markets for their emerging new technology and better quality. China plays a more and more significant role in the international medical products market. This development attributes to the internationalization of the Chinese medical products industry that involved the integration of the Chinese domestic market into the international markets.
The latest figures show that the medical apparatus manufacturing has been shifting to China, China is expected to be the world manufacture of medical apparatus. It matches the reforming point of Chinese industry, which is developing from labor demanding manufacturing to technology and innovation-oriented areas. The figures in analysis of Chinese medical product industry show that the export of Chinese medical products succeeded in trade surplus from the year 2005, which contributes tremendously to the overall Chinese export revenue.
In many cases, motivation to gain access to industrialized markets and to gain access to superior technology, management resources and knowledge are the most driving factors of the Chinese medical pro...
... middle of paper ...
...process, such as tariff barrier, complicated registration for permission of entering market. Chinese medical devices industry has been developing rapidly in recent years, and gained more and more approval in the international markets. However, it’s not the same as other industry’s internationalization process for its higher technology requirement and stricter marketing regulations, and the different kinds of registration for entering markets also attributes much cost to enterprises.
This research will thoroughly identify the motives, barriers of the Chinese medical device industry’s internationalization, and examine the success factors in both the steps of theory building and cases study. As a result, a systematic knowledge for the Chinese medical device industry’s internationalization will be presented to the reader, which will fill the gap in the current research.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Throughout time, technological tools have been created and improved for the well-being of humans. From the discovery of fire to having robots educate children, all inventions influence and impact the way we live in a society. Another instrument which will soon remodel the gaming industry and our lifestyle is the Oculus Rift. According to Chacos, Edge-Salois, Hamdan, Luckerson and Trivedi, there is research to prove that the Oculus Rift is a device that will revolutionize the gaming industry and the real world.... [tags: Technological Tools, Advancements, Gaming Industry]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- In task one I have to explain the different markets within the construction industry. I will use national statistics as a source of raw data. In task two I will describe the four main economic resources needed to enable a construction project to start, looking at the scenario I will be writing as a junior quantity surveyor to the manager and will basically describe the requirements to enable a construction project to start. In task three I will analyse the different types of finance available for a typical construction project, including the different conditions and terms which have been imposed by the provider.... [tags: banks, finances, requirements, labor markets]
1653 words (4.7 pages)
- Doctor's facilities buy many expensive medical instruments, including scanning devices utilized as a part of patients' treatment. In spite of the fact that a few products are sold in intense product markets, vendors of the more specific apparatuses work in oligopolistic markets with very few contenders. In these business sectors, not all purchasers pay the same cost to a merchant for a given or comparative item. Purchasers may not know the costs different purchasers have paid. A significant part of the apparatus advertising does not fit the portrayal of an intense market in aggressive balance, with the "Law of One Price" holding, value determined down to long-run minimal cost, and benefits c... [tags: medtronic, medical instruments, cardiac rhythm]
1871 words (5.3 pages)
- Purpose The goal of this company report is to implement a “Unique Device Identification” (UDI) requirement as per Food and Drug Administration (FDA) final ruling for products built in our company. This report supplies information to our company in developing infrastructure required for the UDI implementation using information provided on FDA website, and the processes defined in this report. This report provides strategic planning, efficient implementation and necessary tools to assist the company during UDI implementation development program, senior management buy-in and selection of outside vendors supporting the implementation.... [tags: FDA, Device]
2564 words (7.3 pages)
- In all ındustry, the marketing strategy has an important role of the markets success. Marketing issues involve lots of things such as pricing, advertising, product features, etc. All of them creates a whole which determines the market's quality and position in the industry. We can choose an industry, evaluate their marketing issues and compare them for be able to understand the competitive analysis. For example, lets choose white goods sector. Regal is one of the best in this industry, whereas the Delongi Bosphorus can be regarded from the one of lowest quality brands.... [tags: Marketing Strategy, Market Success]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- An input device is any device that is connected to a computer and transfers information to react or appear on the monitor screen. Code is translated from the device to the machine. For example, a keyboard connected to a computer through a USB cord will tell the computer what letters or characters should appear on the screen. Some example of input and output devices on a computer are printers, mouse, camera, external drives, internet, microphone, and audio speakers. Storage is where information and documents are stored (computer technology, n.d.).... [tags: Computer, Integrated circuit, Input device]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- The history of markets began two million years ago when barter of goods took place, these two sided negotiations provided evidence that our descendants practices primitive exchange. These activities were preparing ground for civilization, along with continuous developments which included different mediums for exchange such as money (Diamond, 1992). Markets are centralized, and an interacting point for sellers and buyers. The purpose of sellers in these open markets is to spend very small amount to advertise their products and the buyers intend to search for low cost commodities.... [tags: flea markets, barter goods, negotiations]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- This experience was definitely one of a kind. I don’t think I’m exaggerating if I say this opportunity is once in a life time and I’m immensely grateful that I was one of the ‘chosen ones’ to be a part of it. To be honest, when I applied for the ISD program I had no clue as to what it was or how difficult it was to be a part of it. As I was an international transfer in my very confusing sophomore/junior year I was not aware of anything other than my struggle to get the credits transferred in order to graduate.... [tags: Surgery, Anesthesia, Physician, Surgeon]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- Publix Super Markets Inc Super Markets are few and far between in the south. There are plenty of different variations within a very small region that when one becomes your favorite it’s usually because if convenience. However throughout the local community of Jacksonville and most of Florida, Publix Super Markets have made a very valuable impression on its current consumers. Founded by George W. Jenkins on the idea of what makes a company successful is how they takes care of their customers but also their employees.... [tags: markets, suppliers, buyers]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- IT Industry Industry Background Information Technology (IT) industry is one of the most robust industries in the world. More than any other industry or economic facet, this industry has an increased productivity, particularly in the developed world, and therefore is a key driver of global economic growth. Economies of scale and insatiable demand from both consumers and enterprises characterize this rapidly growing sector. Both software development and the hardware involved in the IT industry include everything from computer systems, to the design, implementation, study and development of IT and management systems.... [tags: Market Industry Analysis]
1149 words (3.3 pages)