Maywood Academy gives a lot of opportunities too many students that want to succeed in life. With charter, all those opportunities will just go down the drain. Education is a precious thing and should not be based on how rich or poor you are or your mental capacity. Education is a right, not a privilege. If Maywood Academy turns charter, we will go in a downward spiral; everything will turn chaotic and it will contradict with everything we worked so hard to get.
Why Maywood Academy? Why our school? Why not choose a school where they can actually make ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In my paper, I will approve the proposal to open a charter school in Lewiston. I will pick the high school setting as the sample to discuss how opening a charter school would help the Lewiston High School to improve the division of labor and solve the inefficient educational services to the ELL population. Since LHS is the only high school in the city, I want to first give an insight of the school’s background. According to USNews & World Report, the Total Minority Enrollment is about 27("Lewiston High School Student," 2011) and Somali is the dominant minority language here (Batalova & McHugh, 2010).... [tags: High school, Public school, Charter school]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Movies have been around for over a 100 years. They have become a pastime in America culture, where people can forget about their lives for 2 hours, and become engulfed in the movie world. Some films are groundbreaking and deserve to be recognized, while others just entertain. In order to credit the films which people believed were the best of the year, an award show was created. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences also known as the oscars, has been around for 88 years. The prestigious award show gives trophies out to the movies they deem the best of the year.... [tags: African American, Black people, Academy Award]
1869 words (5.3 pages)
- As charter schools throughout the nation struggle to compete academically with the traditional public school system, the general consensus is that they continue to fall short. While many of these charter schools were established upon promises to improve student learning and aimed to fill the achievement gap that traditional public schools could not, many of them were unable to meet or surpass public school achievements. As a result, many charter schools are continuing to fall by the wayside. In the state of Florida, over the past five years, an estimated number of 56 charter schools have been closed.... [tags: High school, Education, Charter school]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- I am a Pre-K four teacher at Eagle Academy Public Charter School. I 'm applying for the $10,000 Teacher Creativity Fellowship Grant. I acknowledge that this award offers financial resources to teachers and allow the recipient of the grant to spend time during the summer month developing an instructional experience that will be implemented and evaluated during the upcoming fall semester. This instructional experience will improve my present knowledge of cultural teaching and help me support the 21st-century skills.... [tags: Summative assessment, Educational psychology]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- America’s education is failing, and serious reform is needed. The topic of education has been in the forefront over the last few decades. Many, including politicians have attempted to tackle what seemed to be a hopeless situation. With all the corruption and bureaucracy within the system, it is unlikely that this problem will be resolved anytime soon. However, there is hope amidst all this, and that is charter schools. Charter schools impact education by having passionate teachers who truly care for their students’ well-being, use up-to-date school methodology, are able to function with less bureaucracy, and have accountability that results in less corruption, and increased cost efficiency.... [tags: Importance of Charter Schools]
1545 words (4.4 pages)
- There are not very many Jobs that are a glamorous then the ones that are held by our nation’s firemen. They are the men and women who go diving into the heart of the deadly situation when everyone else’s instinct kicks in and are fleeing for their lives. Fire departments are responsible to aid in the protection of lives, property and the environment. Most people do not understand or have any idea about how firemen do their jobs or go about their days. “Ron Howard tried his best to depict firefighting in his movie “Backdraft”.... [tags: firefighting, fire department, fire academy]
1966 words (5.6 pages)
- Summary of The Austere Academy Mr. Poe drives the Baudelaire children to Prufrock Preparatory School. When they get there they meet Vice Principal Nero. Supposedly, they have an advanced computer system that will keep Count Olaf away. When they get there they hear about this wonderful place to live where you get fresh bowls of fruit every day, there is a library, and a game and social room. Only if you have your guardian sign a permission slip. Since the Baudelaire children did not have a guardian, they had to live in the Orphans Shack.... [tags: The Austere Academy School Education Essays]
562 words (1.6 pages)
- Apart from the other laws in Canada’s constitution, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is an important law that affects every Canadian’s rights and freedoms. It was created in 1981 by former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau to provide legal protection for the most important rights and freedoms. These rights include fundamental freedoms, democratic rights, mobility rights, and legal rights. Most but not all articles included in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights are protected in the constitution.... [tags: Canadian Charter, Canada, human rights,]
649 words (1.9 pages)
- Charter Schools: Are They Good For Our Community. In September a new school is scheduled to open in San Diego. It is called the Nubia Leadership Academy, which is known as a charter school. In 1992 California passed a charter schools act, and it became effective in September of 1993. The San Diego Unified School District currently has six charter schools with another scheduled to open by the fall of this year. It will open with 150 students ranging from Kindergarten to fourth grade, and will add a grade every year.... [tags: Education]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- ... Most charter schools offer a better education program then most public schools. Many individuals can say that their attendance at Cleveland public school, and that their time there had a positive effect on their lives. However, Cleveland public schools are now a disgrace. Most have a high rating of high school drop outs and teen pregnancies, and a record of students failing all five parts of the Ohio graduation test. This can happen anywhere and at any school, but happens more often at public schools .... [tags: alternatives in the American education system]
1348 words (3.9 pages)