The on road velocity profile is taken as the input for the MATLAB code. Parameters like acceleration and rate of acceleration were found out. Reference values were set for velocity and acceleration to distinguish accelerating, decelerating, idling and cruising intervals. The interval (profile) between two consecutive idling periods was identified as a micro-trip. The condensed cycle was created by combining selected micro trips. Originally in the excel sheet which was developed for the same purpose of creating a condensed cycle similar procedure was followed. But the main disadvantage of doing in Excel is that the selection of micro trips had to be done manually and the percentage error between the original and condensed cycles used to be high. These problems were given consideration. Also additional parameters were included for the selectio...
... middle of paper ...
...on map. So the condensation map was generated for all the individual micro trips. The percentage occurrence of engine in all the regions was calculated. The percentage based condensation maps for the individual micro trips and the full cycle were compared and the condensed cycle was selected on a cumulative basis.
The next stage of the project involved the determination of the vehicle fuel economy. For this the SFC map of the vehicle was studied. As the map cannot be directly given as input, it was seen that the fuel consumption at various rpms and torques was given as input in Cruise. For the rest of rpms and torques the value was interpolated from the data we have. So we could find the fuel consumption at each second of the vehicle travel as we had both the engine torque and rpm. The consumption at each point was summed up to get the F.E. for the complete cycle.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- INTRODUCTION The course module; Network programming and simulation, entails modeling and simulation and also the analyses of input data. Simulation is the act of implementing, testing with a model or a set of models for a specific objective, which might be one of the followings; Problem solving, Research, Education. Modeling and Simulation is a discipline which consists of many branches such as; Discrete distributions, Continuous distributions, Monte Carlo modeling and simulation, Probability distributions.... [tags: statistics, analysis, chi-square]
2880 words (8.2 pages)
- More than adding a skill; it’s building a career Professionals who can address practical real-world issues with advanced data analytics are highly sought after. But crunching numbers is not the same as solving problems. That’s why our Master of Arts (MA) in Applied Economics goes beyond teaching analytical tools; we offer a unique combination of theory, policy, and analytics so that graduates have the conceptual framework needed to solve the bigger problems. Our curriculum provides graduates with 21st century skill sought after in industry, banking, research institutions and government.... [tags: Economics, Macroeconomics, Data analysis]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- 4. Simulation MIMO PPF controller are used to control the first four vibration modes of simulation plate structure model using MATLAB. Firstly, simulation plate structure model and MIMO PPF controller are connected as feedback closed-loop system. Secondly, dynamics correction model from shaker to transducer is connected to feedback closed-loop system as in Fig2.6. Thirdly, the parameters of the controller are chosen from GA searching result. Fourthly, sweep signal which contain resonant frequencies of first four modes of simulation plate structure model is applied to the shaker.... [tags: Feedback, Control theory, Mechanical vibrations]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- ... The results show that high conductive heat loss is occurred because of the supporting bracket and bellow under non-vacuum condition. By integrating the 1-D and 3-D models, the comparison with the test data indicate a good agreement. Hachicha  developed a numerical model of a parabolic trough receiver for thermal and optical analysis. All the heat energy balance correlations are used in order to perform the model. A numerical -geometric method is used to calculate the heat flux around the receiver.... [tags: study, analysis, summary, solar]
1458 words (4.2 pages)
- The user interface for the computer systems is evolvinginto an intelligent multi-modal interface. It is now movingaway from keyboard-given instructions to more naturalmodes of interaction, using visual, audio and sensorialmeans. This is the first step in achieving a human-likecommunication between man and machine. Human communication has two main aspects: verbal(auditory) and non-verbal (visual). Phenomenalike facial expressions, body movements and physiologicalreactions are the atomic units of the non-verbal communication.Although it is quite clear that non-verbal gestures arenot necessary for successful human interaction, considerable research in social psychology has shownthat non-verbal... [tags: software, interface, face detection]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Pentair, Inc. Headquartered in Golden Valley, Minnesota, Pentair owns and operates fifty facilities throughout eleven different countries. Pentair’s Technical Products Group is a leader in global enclosures, thermal management products, and custom enclosures that house and protect sensitive electrical components. The Water Group manufactures innovative products used in the movement, treatment, storage and enjoyment of water. Pentair’s local ties include two manufacturing facilities. The Sheboygan operation molds plastic and extruder block water filters, while the Brookfield location manufactures custom enclosures.... [tags: Corporate Analysis Company Profile Pentair]
1976 words (5.6 pages)
- Literary Analysis “Did you hear about that one girl who died from spiders that made a nest of her hair?” “Yeah, who could be so stupid as to not wash their hair?” As casual as this conversation may seem, it shows the power of urban legends at work. Although “The Beehive Hairdo (the urban legend which our pair of friends here are discussing) is no longer prevalent in culture and society, it still demonstrates an urban legend’s ability to modify, if not create, social ideals. Urban legends can be viewed as a societal tool, filling society’s need to spread morals, social values, and common knowledge.... [tags: oral folklore, the hook]
1960 words (5.6 pages)
- The central purpose of writing this Case Study Analyses on The Gap, Inc. is to identify and isolate key issues and their underlying implications and offer practical solutions and plans for implementing those solutions. This will be done by highlighting the social influences that influence the Gap, Inc. marketing strategy, segmentation strategies with respect to distinct retail markets, and positioning strategies that can be used or changed in a retail setting, as requested in the course assignment (as cited in the course module).... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy Management]
1660 words (4.7 pages)
- TiVo's problem rests in its inability to convince consumers to change their television consumption habits. Improper targeting and positioning have led to an ineffective product, price-point and promotion strategy that has stranded TiVo in the chasm between the early market and the early majority. TiVo is a truly discontinuous innovation, a product that requires consumers to dramatically change their past behavior with the promise of gaining equally dramatic new benefits. TiVo's main challenge is convincing the consumer to buy an expensive product in a new product category.... [tags: Business Case Study]
2172 words (6.2 pages)
- 1- INTRODUCTION 1.1 INVESTMENT Investment is a commitment of funds made in expectation of some positive rate of return. It involves a sacrifice of present consumption from the part of the investor . An investor is ready to sacrifice a part of his consumption , provided he gets back his investment with a compensation for his sacrifice. The compensation if the sacrifice is known as return. The return could be in form of appreciation in the value of investment, dividends interest etc. The guiding factors for an investor while investing his resources are liquidity, safety and return.... [tags: Business Analysis Finance]
1771 words (5.1 pages)
- Investigating New Teachers’ Experiences: Easing the Transition through Professional Development
- Beginning Teachers’ Perceptions toward Teacher Training and Professional Development Programs
- Who Are You Writing For?
- The Predatory Mite Fauna of Punjab
- The Increased Prison Population and Improper Punishment System
- Monomorium Moathi