Living with Mass Media
In much of the world, mass media is flourishing. Through the development of science and technology, mass media are diversified media technology that was intended to reach a large of the audience by mass communication, and people are surrounded by all kinds of information. Mass media is an important and helpful tool in everyday life, some of which encourage people to be ourselves and to purchase objects recommend to us. Although Rose Anna Higashi, Larry Gordon and Louis Sahagun discourage use of media because its negative influences, mass media actually tells people how to live their lives by encouraging people to have self-reliance and self-esteem, by delivering various amounts of information while also promoting positive relationships and social networks, by building our own thoughts while absorbing various information.
Mass media brings sources of entertainment for many people around the world, and people could boost their self-esteem through learning from media. Movies as an important part of mass media, it is considered to be a modern way to educate and inspire audiences. In most of life time, we are experiencing many tough things. Some people hold the positive attitude to the life, but the life makes joke of them. As for them, they need the spiritual support to encourage them to go further in their future life. If not so, there would be a day when they cannot handle the joke anymore. And also, there are many young people died of suicide since they cannot bear the burden of the life in the United States. People who is really in trouble,they need to be told that they are important, and they are talents. For them, movies close to life, and they may find themselves in movies, and they can get some usefu...
... middle of paper ...
..., under the current system, it is not different to insert false information into the newspaper, and it is very easy to disseminate false information with the media. And also, mass media easily affect to discern excellently. Some of the people may can’t tell the good from the bad, lose their sense of identity, and self – expansion.
Actually, we should not judge things from the single aspects. Mass media may mislead people, but people can keep away if they think independently. The angel we see the thing may be is the most negative one; we need to see the thing from the overall perspectives. Mass media help people to build self –reliance and self-esteem, provides multiple information, also increase critical thinking abilities. What’s more, in order to keep us away from the negative influence of the things, we need to do is not totally avoid it but accept it critically.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Media is one of the top influences ort youth is surrounded by today. When this topic arises the media is always portrayed as negative and rarely do we focus on the positive. The way our young students of today act is a reflection of what our media is demonstrating. Not everything the media shows or portrays is what our youth will follow. As a whole we should embrace our culture and try to better the way our media is portrayed to our youth. We are influenced by everything that is around us. The way we perceive it and the way it affects us can sometimes be something we can’t help.... [tags: mass communication has positive & negative effects]
1962 words (5.6 pages)
- “Please don’t allow society to turn you into a person you’re not” (Unknown). Most people in today’s society are blinded by what is around them. Some people will view things in a negative way or in a positive way. Some things that influences our views is mass media, people who are not credible, and all information that is taught by our teachers and parents, results in our decisions to make the right choices. The number one advertisement used to influence our views in society is mass media. Mass media can influence us in any way.... [tags: Mass media, Advertising, Art, Media]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- Mass media is a mediator that is used to broadcast information to public and it can present in numerous ways via print media, electronic media and interactive media. The function of mass media is very broad which can vary from an important role of shaping public opinion to individual for entertainment. In today’s world, there are lots of people using media to communicate and connect to the world, those people distributed to sender and receiver. Indeed, the largest sender is the origins of media such as newspaper, radio and internet.... [tags: Mass media, Media, Propaganda, Newspaper]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- Imagine what the world would be like if when people came home from school or work, they were not able to sit in front of their television and watch their favorite shows. This would be hard to think about considering that not a day goes by that people don’t use some form of media. Media is used to obtain information and watch entertainment. There are many forms of this, and some include newspapers, the Internet, television, and so much more. While there are obviously many great benefits to the growth of media, there are some undeniable and harsh downsides.... [tags: Electronic Media, Influence]
2044 words (5.8 pages)
- First of all, media psychology, communication theory and sociology refer media effects as the theories about the ways in which mass media and media culture affect how their audiences think and behave. Media nowadays is considered a window for learning and is also considered to be our main window to the world. Many popular magazines tell individual to focus on their physical attributes such as; body shape, muscle tone, bone structure, hair, makeup, clothing, and rarely mention the importance of being smart, sophisticated, or other positive attributes that have nothing to do with physical attributes.... [tags: Marshall McLuhan, Mass media, Body image]
710 words (2 pages)
- The media is everywhere and takes up a great deal of people’s everyday lives. People depend on the media to provide them with information that would otherwise be hard to get. The people of society also use the media to communicate with friends, family, and people from all around the world. Also, the media serves as a means for entertainment. Businesses use the media as a way to advertise their products. The media affects society in many different ways; such as, businesses use the media to promote their products, the media effects communication, and the media affects body image and behavior of people in society.... [tags: Media Influence]
1762 words (5 pages)
- “The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses” (Thinkexist, 2010). The mass media, including news, movies, magazines, music, or other entertainment source has become a part of daily life for many people. As the quote mentions mass media and its power are capable of influencing people’s mind and behavior. Contents in the media introduced to young people make it difficult for them to distinguish between what is real and what is not, as a result stimulating confusion and blind imitation.... [tags: Media, Teenagers, TV Review, Violence, Sex]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Introduction Mass media has an important role in modern democratic society as the primary channel of communication for most civilized nations. A citizen relies on the media as the main source of information and the basis on which they form their ideas and opinions. Mass media can bring radical changes and improve many situations as it influences our social, civil, cultural, political, economic outlook. The modernization of mass media has converted media into an indispensable feature of human activity.... [tags: Mass media, Concentration of media ownership]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- Throughout the years, mass media has profoundly affected American culture, on its way of life and on the individuals exposed to the media. It is the primary means of communication that is utilized to achieve the vast majority of the general public. “Media often hypes the basic facts or information and presents them so as to increase the superficial appeal of things.” (Mondal) Alongside mass media, tourism and the commercialization of cultural events also have a big influence on regional cultures.... [tags: Mass media, News media, Media, Journalism]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- The Mass Media according to the Microsoft Encarta Encyclopaedia 2000 is defined as the primary means by which information and entertainment are delivered to the public. The term is usually used to refer to newspaper, television, radio and Internet sources. The Mass Media is perceived by many to have a great impact on teenagers but it is not always verifiable whether this impact is one that enhances or negates the total development of teenagers. The researcher is specifically narrowing this focus however on the teenagers in Southfield with the hope of seeing the extent to which the Mass Media impacts on these teenagers, the nature of this impact (if it exists), the... [tags: Mass Media Essays]
1924 words (5.5 pages)
- Human Rights : A Lot Of Predicaments That Are Not Right
- The External Environment Analysis Before Malaysia
- Fictional Elements Of ' St. Lucy 's Home For Girls Raised By Wolves
- Study At My Grocery Store Shop Rite
- Violent Media Is Good For Kids
- A Controversial Issue Since Ratification Of The Second Amendment