Mass media, now, became one of the tools that are used by most of the political actors. This is like an arena to promote or to campaign their self. This becomes a big issue to discuss. Since we already know some of the political actors who used mass media to campaign. In this paper, also, we will give the study case from our presidential candidates Wiranto and Hary Tanoesodeibjo.
The purpose of this academic paper is to fulfill or last assignment for final examination. Moreover, we hope through this academic paper, the readers will gain more knowledge about mass media and democratization in Indonesia political system and it will help the readers to know deeply about mass media and democratization in Indonesia political system
Mass media is one of the tools to search and find about the up to date information. There are also types of mass media, which are, spoken, written or even broadcast. It is also as a form of the democratization itself. This is proven from the presence of freedom of the press, freedom of opinion and that would embody a discussion forum or a debate of the politician (actually for the presidential election) so that people actually know the capabilities of his choice of presidential candidates.
Since mass media also become the tools for...
... middle of paper ...
... place for public to get knowledge (learning process), to choose and to contribute in the political system
I. Question and Answer
The role and influence of mass media
accessed on 8 march 2014 21:40
Tanggapan Hanura atas Tayangan WIN-HT di Sinetron Tukang Bubur Naik Haji
accessed on 8 March 2014 23:40
Wiranto Klaim Elektabilitasnya Naik karena Sering Muncul di TV
accessed on 9 March 02:57
Indonesia’s Political System
accessed on 9 MARCH AT 03:12
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Democratization of Journalism and Corporate Media: An analytic comparative essay Due to plummeting price and better accessibility of technologies similar to cell phones and the internet, the access to information and sharing has become cheaper and easier. The decentralized nature of these technologies has helped give rise to citizen journalism where audiences collect, analyze and disseminate news information usually primarily through the internet. Since citizen journalism is decentralized, the media content cannot be regulated.... [tags: Mass media, Journalism, Blog, News media]
1405 words (4 pages)
- This article focuses on research that reveals the de-professionalization and democratization of traditional journalism. The article explores the consequences of both the relation between traditional journalism and citizen journalism. The author argues that the emergence of citizen journalism is a consequence of the current factors effecting the changes in traditional journalism. The lines between professional journalism content and amateur journalism content have become blurred. The author explains how these factors have shown to affect the field of journalism in areas of employment, media technologies, shifting patterns of media use, and media consumption.... [tags: Journalism, Mass media, Democracy, News media]
1191 words (3.4 pages)
- 1. Indonesian Educational Language Policy: A Brief History Indonesia is a linguistically complex country with most Indonesians being bilingual or multilingual, speaking Bahasa Indonesia - the national and official language – plus one or more of the 700 vernacular languages (ICBS, 2010), plus a language with external roots (such as Arabic or English). For example, I speak Bahasa Indonesia, two vernacular languages (Javanese and Madurese), and English, and I am not unusual in doing so. Swiftkey (2015), the provider of the application to replace keyboard for IOS and Android phones and tables, through a survey about the combinations of languages Swiftkey users used around the world revealed that... [tags: Education, School, Indonesia, Lingua franca]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- In the twentieth century Latin America went through several political systems such as military dictatorships and authoritarian regimes. The transition to democracy involved national contexts,institutions, economic development, and that shaped the outcome (225). Although democracy is now more positive than how Latin American initially began, certain aspects of the state are not as democratized as others. In the general sense democracy is embedded in Latin American states and have accommodated democratic norms (250).... [tags: United States, Democracy, Political corruption]
1483 words (4.2 pages)
- The objective of the experiment was to discover the effect of mass and radius on the centripetal force of a system and determine the mass of a hanging object using the discovered properties. Centripetal force is the culmination of multiple forces that act on a spinning system. By attaching a known mass and changing the radius on between a center post and the unknown mass, the unknown mass can be calculated. Likewise, if the inverse is tested, with a variable known mass and fixed radius, the unknown mass can be calculated.... [tags: Force, Mass, Weight, Mathematics]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- Indonesians are generally spiritual and value self-control to maintain harmony within and between the tangible (human, flora and fauna) and intangible (God, gods, and spirit) worlds. People must know their place in society which is often determined by age, role in society, experience, and knowledge. Parents and older generation are to be respected, and consulting them in important matters is highly valued. The group is more important than the individual, thus maintaining group harmony is important, even at the individual’s expense.... [tags: Indonesia]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- After watching, Save the Last Dance on an NBC affiliate television station, I would analysis if the movie both had the characteristics and displayed the functions of Mass media. Characteristics that must be presented for mass media to have taken place are mass media must be presented and this large audience must have delayed feedback. First and foremost, I would take into consideration whether or not the film had “Mass Media” meaning a large audience which it does due to how it is presented which I will speak further into momentarily.... [tags: Sociology, Mass media, Entertainment]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- Indonesian Defense Strategy A. Background Indonesian President Megawati Sukarnoputri signed a little-publicized deal at the end of April to purchase four Russia fighter jets and two helicopters as part of a much larger potential order. The decision to buy from Russia was a subject to a United States ban on military purchases; this marks a small but significant shift from Indonesia’s current dependence on United States’ military hardware. The Indonesian military is suffering from acute lack of supplies and parts for its heavy amour as well for light equipment.... [tags: Indonesia Military Technology War Essays]
3703 words (10.6 pages)
- Democratization of Taiwan Taiwan is an island country which is located off the southeast coast of China between the Taiwan Strait and the Philippine Sea. It has a land area of about 32,000 square kilometers, and claims another 3,700 square kilometers of sea around it, giving it close to a total of 36,000 square kilometers for itself. The land of Taiwan consists mainly of mountainous terrain in the east while the west has flat plains which can be compared to the middle central part of the United States.... [tags: Papers]
2374 words (6.8 pages)
- The Factors That Prompted Democratisation in Argentina The Constitution of 1853 gave the vote to all nativeâ€‘born males, irrelevant of literacy levels or ownership of property, and since this turning point in its history, the Argentine Republic, or Argentina, has had a precarious and temperamental relationship with democracy. Argentina has flirted with many differing systems of government from the end of the Second World War, involving personalities ranging from General Juan PerÃ³n, the 'saviour of the working class,' to the oppressive and powerâ€‘hungry generals of the late 1970s junta, before seeing its democratic aspirations finally realised in the form of Raul... [tags: Papers]
3097 words (8.8 pages)