It 's no secret that traditional marketing practices have declined and consumers are now more skeptical than ever. Brands have had to find ways of connecting with potential customers in a more authentic way.
Although a consumer may love a brand he/she is weary of the message distributed by them. However, posts created by influencers, even when #ad #sponsored is included, aren 't scrutinized to that level and are seen as more organic. Based on this, today 's consumers turn to their peers for recommendations and never buy before doing their research. Don 't believe me?
92% of consumers rely on referrals from people they know above all else (TapInfluence)
Marketing-inspired word-of-mouth generates more than twice the sales of paid advertising, and these customers have a 37% higher retention rate (McKinsley)
That is why now more than ever adding active influencers to your market mix is important.
If you want your influencer marketing strategy to be a success I recommend you turn to more than one influencer.
Influencers come in three flavors as defined by Cision
1. Organic Influencer
While celebrity or niche influencers may have little to no connection to your product or service, organic advocates truly love it. These people do not need compensation or any convincing to promote your brand – because they already do it!
Organic advocates can be difficult to find, since they usually have a small audience, but they can be integral to your success. Audiences are often tuned in to celebrity and niche influencers’ inauthentic enthusiasm for your brand, which could tu...
... middle of paper ...
My final and most influential tip on influencer marketing is timing. If you followed my #1 tip on working with multiple influencers coordinate their campaigns to go off simultaneously. If you selected the right influencers, picked a catchy #hashtag, and timed it just right you will be trending. That my friends means you had a successful campaign.
Wrapping it Up!
So there you have it, 7 tips to influencer marketing. Like anything else in social media marketing put effort into the planning phase. Remember,
Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail
If you are hoping to be an "influencer" stay tuned for my next post. I 'll provide you top tips on how to become an influencer sought out by brands.
As always, thank you for taking the time to read my posts. I would love to learn your thoughts through a simple like, comment or share!
Until next time......
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cutting Edge Marketing Do you need a taxi. Are you in need of transportation. How do you plan on getting this taxi. That is the question one innovative company is striving to solve with it’s product called Uber, and the way they’re letting the world know about what they can do for them is cutting edge to say the least. Uber is a company that’s just over 5 years old, but was quick to change the transportation industry. The Taxi industry that thrived on customers in need of immediate transportation during all times of the day, exploiting their need to arrive at their destination, has been forever changed with Uber, the marketing genius with a great product.... [tags: Marketing, Word of mouth, Marketing strategy]
1193 words (3.4 pages)
- Did you know that Starbucks was started by three former students at the University of San Francisco. For my paper, I decided to choose Starbucks. There are many reasons why I chose it, some of the reasons I chose it is because it is tangible- meaning that you can go out and get it. Also, it has a simplified, condensed Marketing Mix which I will partly talk about in my paper. Throughout this paper, it will cover the Marketing Mix, how Starbucks markets for its customers, the environmental issues, its position in the marketplace, how they implement different marketing techniques, and if their marketing works or does not work.... [tags: Marketing, Coffee, Promotion, Marketing strategy]
1687 words (4.8 pages)
- Public Relations Opportunity Public Relations or PR for short can help launch a new products sells and promotions or destroy it before a company can move it from the shelf. New companies and consumers tend to mistake Public Relations as advertising when in fact they are polar opposites. When a company advertises they pay to promote the products on TV, radio, or some type of media support. Public Relations, however the company may reap the benefits of the PR but not have to pay for it. Public Relations is defined in the following ways: “A form of communication directed at gaining public understanding and acceptance” (Learnthat, 1998-2004).... [tags: Business Marketing]
2250 words (6.4 pages)
Marketing Concept, Displaced And Efficient Production As A Major Determinant Of The Marketing Strategy
- Marketing concept, displaced and efficient production as a major determinant of the emergence of commercial activities, create more market share and market research, in which the seller attempts to measure consumers are concerned, the benefits of a product (Poulos, 2007, p.4 - 6). By understanding the interests of the consumers demand, competition, the producers can focus on providing specific product advantages, in section of the market, allow other manufacturers to provide the benefits of other combinations.... [tags: Marketing, Strategic management]
998 words (2.9 pages)
- This Marketing report comprises of information regarding Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, a renowned coffee retailer founded in the US. This report begins with an introduction of the company that discuss the origin and elements that this report focuses on, then followed by the vision, mission and values of the coffee retailer for the coming years. Then, it discusses the situational audit of the company where in it provides information about the internal analysis using the strengths and weaknesses of the company.... [tags: Marketing, Strategic management, Marketing plan]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction Viral marketing has been defined as “the process of getting customers to pass along a company's marketing message to friends, family, and colleagues” (Laudon & Traver, 2001, p. 381). Similar to a virus, information about the company and its brand, product or services is transmitted to potential buyers who then spread the information along to other potential buyers in an exponentially growing way, often through the use of social media applications (Dobele, Toleman, & Beverland, 2005; Lindgreen & Vanhamme, 2005).... [tags: Viral Marketing Essays]
2523 words (7.2 pages)
- Marketing is a very valuable part of a business. Marketing should begin with potential customer needs, not with the production process. Marketing should try to anticipate the customer's needs. And then marketing, rather than production, should determine what goods and services are to be developed, including decisions about product design and packaging; prices or fees; credit and collection policies; use of middlemen; transporting and storing policies; advertising and sales policies; and, after the sale, installation, customer service, warranty, and perhaps even disposal policies.... [tags: Business Marketing Advertising]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Social media marketing Social media marketing refers to the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites. Brands create profiles which give them a personal identity & voice. Using the social profile to promote brand created or curated content that will incite interest by their target customer base. The content is linked to the company webpage & therefore drives customers in to the brand. Social media marketing programs usually center on efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it with their social networks.... [tags: process of gaining website traffic]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- Marketing is one of those things that surrounds your everyday life and you don't even realize it. A challenge of a good marketing manager is to make a person or customer to not even realize that they are targets of a marketing campaign. To define marketing in my own words; giving products a place to perform or show to enhance a buyer. Marketing is a truly important function of business. It is basically the wheels of motion to get a business to profitability. For example, a merchant has a "widget" that can solve a lot of problems.... [tags: Business Marketing]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Irem Eren Erdogmus and Mesut Cicek, says that how effective is the social media marketing for building up the brand loyalty of the consumers. Loyalty towards a brand brings in sales revenue, market share and profit towards an organization. With the help of a brand an organization can at least keep them in the marketplace. The researcher tells that there are various qualities that a brand must hold to shown that it is loyal towards its consumers. • To provide with an effective campaign • Give appropriate content what the consumer wants • Offers current content regarding a particular brand • Found on various platforms and provides applications on social media.... [tags: Marketing, Brand, Social media, Communication]
1493 words (4.3 pages)