"We are an e-commerce company. We live on the internet. We are selling exclusively through e-commerce. And the price there can be much lower, because the price on e-commerce is essentially fulfillment and shipping cost." This has been their strategy all along and it has paid off for them because they are one of the largest smartphone manufacturer in China. Xiaomi also relies on offering products outside of its phone hardware, “selling apps, games and special Android themes and Internet services on top of its custom MIUI - a pricing strategy very well-adopted by the e-commerce behemoth Amazon” (Kumar, 2014).
The pricing strategy established for the South African market is based on the data that shows the middle class in South Africa is large and there is a respectable number of people with high incomes. These are the people that can easily afford certain types of Xiaomi products while also being aware of the technology trend that the entire wor...
... middle of paper ...
...where Xiaomi usually holds its public relations events. For example, event called Mi Fan Festival was held in 2014 where Xiaomi celebrated its 4th anniversary and where Xiaomi organized its biggest flash sale ever. In earlier years, Xiaomi has traditionally launched a new product on the day itself. In this festival, Xiaomi started to stir up excitement in social media and increased the amount of engagement among its fans when Xiaomi implied taking Xiaomi-mania international. To do this, it was very helpful for Xiaomi that it had a huge following base in Weibo, where Xiaomi had over 8 million followers together in its main device account and its CFO Lei Jun’s account. In addition, Xiaomi used couponing at this festival as a sales promotion method when Xiaomi launched a game called King of Knockout where users could play the game and win discount coupons (Hong, 2014).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Shopping on-line is becoming more wide spread as customers turn to the World Wide Web for purchasing decisions. Being able to capture consumers’ attentions and win their sales means the difference between success and failure. Today’s market is competitive therefore an organization’s ability to determine its marketing strategies and being able to effectively deploy tactics. E-commerce marketing is the business of attracting online shoppers to a company’s website and persuading them to buy the services or products online.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Marketing plan]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- for sales. Red bull corporates with many distributors like Heineken, and Diageo to have many points of sales covering every region. Electronic Commerce: Strategy for the new Economy E-commerce (electronic commerce) is basically selling products with high enhancement in IT. It helps the company have better relationships with suppliers, partners and customers. The nine forms of e- commerce models: B2B C2B G2B B2C C2C G2C B2G C2G G2G B: Business C: Consumer G: Government Red bull, at the time being, uses only two forms of the e-commerce model.... [tags: Marketing, Electronic commerce]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Proposed Research Topic: Implementation of digital marketing and E- commerce strategy across global business operations in building materials sector. To recommend and analyse the best approaches for the implementation and to create implementation plan (road map) in the use of E -commerce and digital marketing for the organisation. Introduction The term ‘internet’ has achieved successful impact towards marketing and business since the first website (http://info.cern.ch) went live in 1991. Over billions of people now a day’s use internet regularly for their web searches, entertainment, information and more.... [tags: Research Proposal]
1855 words (5.3 pages)
- E-commerce marketing is a complex subject; it is because it is not easy to find all the tips in one source. Fortunately, the complex task has been done for you, taking you on the path to marketing achievement and offering a list so that you can go through it as you finish each internet marketing technique. Creation of a content marketing strategy before starting Creating a content marketing policy is paramount since nothing perfect starts without formulating a good plan. The same way a movie studio goes through the procedure of production, an e-commerce business requires a content marketing plan.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Social media]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- Marketing Alibaba’s marketing strategy is mainly about raising its exposure to attract more customers join it. Basically, people can see Alibaba everywhere. At the beginning, Alibaba implement free membership to attract merchants to conduct business on its platform. After a large number of merchants registered and becoming the member of the company, Alibaba started to charge register fee, value added service fee and listing fee to make profits. In addition, Alibaba is very active in many big forums.... [tags: Electronic commerce, Online shopping, Marketing]
1794 words (5.1 pages)
- Retail Industry (I have to talk about the industry in general) Retail involves the process of selling goods or services to customers through multiple channels of distribution to earn a profit. Demand is identified and then satisfied through a supply chain. Attempts are made to increase demand through advertising. The retailing strategy is a marketing plan abstractly designed to offer its products and services in a way that will optimize customer satisfaction. Service quality and marketing mix strategy have significant and positive association on customer loyalty.... [tags: Retailing, Online shopping, Electronic commerce]
2124 words (6.1 pages)
- Amazon is one of the largest online retailers in the world. The company reported better-than-expected second quarter results surpassing our estimates on revenues and earnings. Amazon is driving value across all its businesses and especially the retail business remains very hard to beat on price, choice and convenience. The company has a solid loyalty system in Prime and its FBA strategy, and content addition continues to add selection to Prime memberships. The AWS generates much higher margins than retail, so it has a very positive impact on Amazon’s profitability.... [tags: Online shopping, Electronic commerce, Amazon.com]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Some businesses, such as those in the fashion or cropping and harvesting industries, rely on the seasons for certain product sales. When the seasons change business owner, or their hired marketers, have to make adjustments to the market plan. The strategy used in this process is referred to as a seasonal marketing strategy. In retrospect the four seasons are of course spring, summer, fall, and winter. Seasonal marketing should be in sync with the seasons. Sure each season holds a significant holiday, but seasonal marketing is not always based on those holidays (Wagner).... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Business]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- Farce to Force: Building Profitable E-Commerce Strategy by Sarah McCue BOOK REPORT Thesis In her book, McCue- an advisor to U.S. Government, United Nations, and World Bank organizations on trade development, e-commerce, e-government, and youth issues since 1991– indicates that Internet is used as sales and marketing medium but this sales channel is not as viable as expected because a huge number of competitive websites are growing exponentially. In addition, misunderstanding e-commerce and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) can result in ineffective business practices.... [tags: Sarah McCue E-commerce Book Review]
1435 words (4.1 pages)
- Marketing Strategy and ECommerce Introduction With the rapidly advancing technologies that are occurring in modern business, organisations are required to be ready, and able to adapt within their ever-changing environment. It is true across all diverse industries that in order to stay competitive, organisations must be able to utilise the various tools that technology has to offer. Technological factors have been of growing importance, particularly in recent years. A major factor involved in these technology issues is the use of the Internet as a major issue to modern organisations.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing BTEC Coursework]
4464 words (12.8 pages)