According to Pendrith (2014), one of the main reasons businesses fail is due to the lack of a marketing program. Opening the doors to a business does not mean customers will be swarming to utilize the services or products of that business (Pendrith, 2014, para 8). GCC will face the same obstacles when it comes to marketing that every new business faces and GCC will need to create a strategy and implement a guiding plan to create a foothold in the market. Other types of companies may be able to create very broad marketing strategies and plans that can target many different types of customers or potential customers. However, GCC is attempting to break into a very niche market and the strategy that is developed and the subsequent plan will have to be directed solely at the hopeful clientele with very little room for error.
A simple Google search reveals that there are hundreds if not thousands of different strategies that companies utilize in marketing. The goal is to find the best marketing strategy for GCC that will allow it to flourish and thrive in a very small market. To accomplish this there has to be a lot of research that is conducted. Costs of the strategy will also be discussed and analyzed to make sure that GCC is making an educated use of its limited resources.
For GCC and almost all consulting businesses the best strategy is to develop personal relationships with the potential clients. The consultants that spend little or no money on advertising tend to do better than the companies that spend a lot of money (Dubois, 2011, para 1). That does not mean the companies do not have a strategy. Instead it means that they rely on a very direct marketing strategy and go to where their pot...
... middle of paper ...
...ents will be direct face to face marketing techniques. By researching target companies as described GCC will be able to create and develop marketing that attracts the customer directly. For example if a company’s annual report indicates that the company is looking to expand into an area that GCC is knowledgeable in then GCC can monitor the company’s press releases and find events and venues that company will be participating in. The GCC consultants can then attend the same events giving speeches or a lecture that directly appeal to the target company’s annual report and futures growth and creating interest for GCC. If it happens to be a charity golf tournament the GCC swag bag could contain a business card that says specializing in the region that the company’s reports indicated that they wanted to grow, again creating interest and putting GCC on their radar.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Bring examples from decisions you have made in the simulation. The market strategy that I chosen in the simulation.I choose the TV ads, radio ad, and news paper ad. The new ads will create traffic announce the new times of the opening of the shop, and as well as the location of the store. The ads on more frequent on TV and on the radio, because the constant reminder of the shop to create additional more traffic and more revenue for the company. Shows are friendly environment and family-orientated to the community and our new customers as well as what are shot looks like and our employees are happy to be working for us.... [tags: Marketing, Customer service, Sales, Customer]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- Problem 9, page 54 Distinguish between a strategy, a marketing plan, and a marketing program, illustrating for a local retailer. A strategy is an organization’s blueprint for attaining a specific objective typically over an extended period of time which is basically what a business will do in a particular market. A marketing plan is essentially a written process of how an organization will carry out their strategy which will then lead us into a marketing program that an organization will then combine everything into a single great plan.... [tags: Marketing, Strategic management, Strategy]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- Success is something that is strenuous to accomplish, especially when it comes to the field of business where companies need to fulfil their customers’ needs and wants. Starbucks is one of the widely known company for selling the finest whole bean coffees and coffee beverages and is considered to be one of the largest coffee shop with more than 21,000 stores in over 65 different countries (Starbucks 2015). It can be seen from Starbucks’ performance in achieving their success recently after facing a crisis in the 2007/2008 time period (Allison 2010), which they manage to exploit technology effectively to increase market share by providing their customers varies amenities such as, mobile appli... [tags: Marketing, Loyalty program, Starbucks, Pricing]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- The scholarly article which I selected to review addressed the strategic implementation of marketing initiatives within international higher education entities (Naidoo & Woo, 2011). This article was of particular interest to me due to its specific focus on marketing within higher education entities (HEI’s). The authors focused their research on 10 universities which recruit international students; specifically, on 570 questionnaires from mid-level marketing managers responsible for strategic implementation of marketing initiatives.... [tags: higher education entities, marketing program]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- Apex offers many trips and classes that range from 4 hour periods, to multi day expeditions. One major challenge is how to attract both new, and existing clientele that mostly participate in day trips, to more intensive multi day excursions. Fortunately, there are several marketing strategies that can be utilized to aid in this process. These include, guerrilla marketing, the use of social media, determining target areas and demographics, offering incentives to clientele, as well as active community involvement from the Apex team.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Target market]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- Executive Summary Sephora has started its digital presence in the year 1999 with the launch of its website, “Sephora.com” and pioneered in the digital and beauty retail business. With around 3 million visitors per month to its website, Sephora has not put a single step wrong in its marketing strategy. The introduction of Sephora Beauty Insider program in 2007 followed by the Customer Relationship Management programs, the number of online customers have been exploded in multi-fold across Sephora’s online channels.... [tags: Marketing, Customer service]
717 words (2 pages)
- A marketing strategy is an essential component of a corporate strategy (Bradley, 2015). An appropriate marketing strategy assists a company to identify its target markets and to set measurable goals. It is vital to the success of the organization that a marketing plan is implemented that addresses performance, growth and profitability (Daft, 2015). The aim of this paper is to examine the strategic marketing process with specific emphasis on the key phases of planning, implementation and control.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- Distribution (Place) Strategy Zero Waste Market will focus its marketing strategy in the Kitsilano area. According to research, the projected location has a high concentration of the target demographic (LOHAS 20-50). Kitsilano’s population has increased significantly in the last few years; in 2006 the population was 40,000 and by 2011 the population had grown over 4% to 41,700 (Statistics Canada, 2016). This data suggests that the population will continue to grow, creating more potential customers for ZWM.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing plan, Marketing strategy]
700 words (2 pages)
- There Is The Potential Market. Open A New Market In Another Country. LifeVantage as an organization focuses on satisfying health and beauty needs. Among its many products, Protandim emerges as the best anti aging product which just one of the products that shows the potential that the company has. Despite having high quality products, LifeVantage has been under scrutiny because of the market size it serves despite having the capacity to serve a much bigger market. This calls for the need to expand its markets as a brand for its products sold through social or Multi Level Marketing.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Distribution]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- When it comes to the advertising strategy and alignment with the marketing goals of a halfway house the strategy will be a bit different in its approach. Some of the similar tips that are used in advertising strategy for a business with customers can also be applied in effective advertising in attracting clients and the community to a halfway house. The goal of advertising is an effective way to reach a large audience and attract customers, or in this case attracting clients (Kotler,1984). If done properly advertising can enhance the success of the business, some helpful tips that may be beneficial in an advertising strategy include, going after the target audience.... [tags: Marketing ]
580 words (1.7 pages)