Global and marketing research is important to gain valuable information related to needs and wants of customers. With the help of effective research, business can enhance their performance to attract potential customers in the global and domestic market (Akaka, Vargo and Lusch, 2013). Present report is based on a case study which provides importance of market research on Shampoo. For this SLG Company has been selected which provides various cosmetics, fragrance, beauty accessory and lifestyle products (SLG, 2016). Now, they want to introduce their product shampoo in Dubai markets. This report covers description of existing products from the country origin. Furthermore, it covers importance of market research with relevance to chosen product. Moreover, it includes challenges faced by the manager when conducting a market research. At last, it covers limitations of current market research with recommendations.
Description of existing products
Shampoo is a hair care product which is used to remove oils, dirt, dandruff and other contains particles that exist in hairs. Shampoo concept was introduced in Britain from colonial India. It is derived from Hindi champi which is used in Anglo-Indian in 1762. Champi was used in India with some form of oils (Ambos and Håkanson, 2014). Shampoo is a term which was developed by an entrepreneur of Bengal in 1814. In that, they determined treatment of hairs with champi (shampooing). In 1900s, its meaning was changed that it is sense of massage by applying soap to the hairs. During the early stages of shampoo, it used to give hair shine and fragrance. Modern shampoo was introduced in 1930 which is now used in today 's time. First hair care was established as a synthetic shampoo. Ind...
... middle of paper ...
...re for achieve their goals. In this context, manager of the SLG company requires change in process for development of business. In this context, they face challenges how to improve in business performance and what things to be added in achieving targets. Along with this what changes may be included to achieve competitive advantage. This is crucial challenge for marketing manager in collecting and validating market research data.
• Hiring the right employees: Manager of the chosen business face problem related with the employees that they are right or not for collecting and validating market research data (Griffith and Hoppner, 2013). This is because, they want accurate information from the marketplace of Dubai so that organization can expand business in other area of nation. Right employees can be identified with evaluating their performance with given tasks to them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- INTRODUCTION Global and marketing research is important to gain valuable information related to needs and wants of customers. With the help of effective research, business can enhance their performance to attract potential customers in the global and domestic market (Akaka, Vargo and Lusch, 2013). Present report is based on a case study which provides importance of market research on Shampoo. For this SLG Company has been selected which provides various cosmetics, fragrance, beauty accessory and lifestyle products (SLG, 2016).... [tags: Marketing, Competitor analysis]
2317 words (6.6 pages)
- Bring examples from decisions you have made in the simulation. The market strategy that I chosen in the simulation.I choose the TV ads, radio ad, and news paper ad. The new ads will create traffic announce the new times of the opening of the shop, and as well as the location of the store. The ads on more frequent on TV and on the radio, because the constant reminder of the shop to create additional more traffic and more revenue for the company. Shows are friendly environment and family-orientated to the community and our new customers as well as what are shot looks like and our employees are happy to be working for us.... [tags: Marketing, Customer service, Sales, Customer]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- INTRO Creating value for both customers and companies need some marketing research and some processes related with market segmentation.For making a effective and useful market segmentation,there will be some steps and some concepts that has to be known. The companies have to pay attention segmenting their products and entering a new market.Because of that, the company takes into consideration the all process of the market segmentation such as target marketing, segmenting consumer markets, segmenting business markets, segmenting international markets, brand value relations with customer value , benefits and disadvantages of segmentation.... [tags: steps, concepts, products, value, benefits]
2731 words (7.8 pages)
- Strategic Marketing Plan Company Overview and Market Research Overview of Company Caninantics is a start-up company based in Atlanta, Georgia specializing in making pet food dispensing equipment and toys for the American market. The company is also planning on diversifying its market to include other canine care supplies and accessories, such as Bluetooth LE-enabled pet tracking device by the end of the year. The company has been in business for one year and after getting venture capital from various companies has planned to take on the market leaders and gain a substantial market share in the six months through commercialization of its major product, CaninFeeder.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing research, Food, Research]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- An Overview of Market Segmentation: basis, evaluations and issues It was pointed out by researchers that business from all industry sectors uses market segmentation in their marketing and strategic planning nowadays. (Dibb, 1998, p.394) Among marketing activities, marketing segmentation is virtual for company success. Researchers have found that the companies without a clear idea of the nature of the target segment the firm using a ‘scatter-shot approach ' to marketing strategic decision making are with little chance to success.... [tags: Marketing, Market segmentation, Marketing research]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
Market Research : An Process Of Gathering, Interpreting And Evaluating Information About A Particular Market
- I would define market research as the process of gathering, interpreting and evaluating information about a particular market. It consists of information such as characteristics of the market, spending habits, location, and needs of the business in the market order for it to be successful. Looking at who will be your competitors is also a vital consideration. Other definitions are, “market research is the process of assessing the viability of a new good or service through research conducted directly with the consumer which allows a company to discover the target market and record opinions and other input from consumers regarding interest in the product”.... [tags: Marketing, Market research, Secondary market]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Marketing research empowers firms to understand their customers’ wants and needs as well as their industry’s competitive environment. By obtaining customer insight and understanding the marketplace, companies can enhance customer value and relationships. When a high-end adult clothing and accessories retailer considers launching an exclusive line of high-end children’s clothing, the firm should utilize market research to analyze the current competitive environment for high-end children’s clothing and the social factors that influence consumer behavior.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing research, Market research]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- Preliminary research on the Blue Spoon. This research includes the restaurant’s main purpose, location analysis, target market, and current marketing strategy. Main Purpose The Blue Spoon is a small breakfast cafe in Oakwood Plaza.The restaurant 's main purpose is to produce a quality, creative breakfast from early morning to early afternoon. With a cost efficient ran kitchen combined with good service, the Blue Spoon is doing the most to maximize the small space and low marketing activity. The Blue Spoon provides an all-natural breakfast food menu.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Marketing research]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- How you get paid Univox is a fair market research company that honors all its payout obligation as stated in its terms and conditions. The mechanics behind paid survey is very direct. You simply need to sign up with the required details. Most sites use backbend database to perform job matching process before inviting you to the survey. Invitations can be done through email or community boards. The survey details include the requirements and the duration in which the survey must be completed and the corresponding compensation.... [tags: Marketing, Market research, Credit card]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Environmental Factors and Marketing Decisions Will a successful marketing plan in one country work in another country. This is unlikely to occur due to many different cultural, political, economic, technological, and competitive environments. Marketing mixes require adjustments to meet local conditions and companies that understand these environmental factors can create advantages when positioning their products or services. Wal-Mart is a global organization and uses market research to understand the market environments before making marketing decisions.... [tags: Business Market Research Marketing Analysis]
1255 words (3.6 pages)