International furniture companies have stepped up their pace of entering into China market to take advantage of the opportunities, company like Air land based in Hong Kong now manufactures foreign brands beddings and mattress for the market, Ashley furniture a major American brand has expanded into China at a major scale, a global furniture company IKEA has opened 16 stores across China, and plan to open 3 stores per year between now and 2020 (Dyer & Singh, 1998).
It is therefore important the company join these companies to compete on the great market as it is time to take advantage of the market for increase market, competitiveness as well as business growth.
Competition in the furniture industry in China has come a long way as key players in the industry no longer compete in cities but continue to expand to other cities because of large market as housing industry continue to grow in most cities. It is clear that the company will able to compete on the market with effectively designed marketing strategy, proper preparation, and well designed planning taking corrections from key players in the industry like Ashley furniture , IKEA, and Air land.
Designed market strategy using concept such as Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis concept, PEST analysis, and TOWS matrix will help equip the company to effectively analyze, evaluate the market, competitor’s business a...
... middle of paper ...
...h is the right choice as risk involve is less, and shared among partner (s) respectively (Shopify, 2015).
Someone may suggest that global expansion is not a wise and profitable decision for the furniture company since the company is making profit in the domestic market, and it may be difficult for the business to compete with key players in the industry in China. Counter argument is to first analyze the goal of the business, and future benefits with opportunities globalization will bring for the business, a business that can compete in the compete American market has the potential for global success, China has a vast opportunities for furniture business, therefore the company should step up and take advantage of huge market in China now, and with the designed strategy and entrant approach, there is an a chance for the furniture company to become successful in China.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 5. SWOT Analysis of Indonesia’s Furniture Industry This section describes the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis of Indonesia’s furniture industry to identify the competitiveness of Indonesian furniture product and the condition of Indonesian furniture industry to meet EU market access requirements. Based on study that was conducted by Lord, Oktaviani and Ruehe (2010), the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of Indonesia’s furniture industry are as follows: 1. Strengths Natural resources abundant is one of the most competitive advantage which is own by Indonesia’s furniture industry.... [tags: International trade, European Union, Economics]
1175 words (3.4 pages)
- Bulgarian Furniture in Belgium By selecting a Bulgarian product of your choice discuss the issues and implementations of exporting it in an EU country of your choice. (Areas to consider likely barriers of entry, product, price issues, etc.) ABSTRACT There are not so many Bulgarian products that might easily penetrate the EU Market even with a good marketing strategy. One of those, which I think might be successful is the Bulgarian furniture, as Bulgaria has traditions in this branch of the industry, and there are at least 10 factories which have been privatized and are already exporting their production to overseas markets like USA, Canada and the Middle East.... [tags: Papers]
2061 words (5.9 pages)
- ... Selective demand stimulation involves promotion of brand awareness and preference, with a view to gaining market share from competing brands. The choice of strategy and sometimes a hybrid one may be appropriate) should be derived from, careful analysis of market structure and trends as well as evaluation of competitive strategies Market Conditions: United Arab Emirates is considered an attractive market for luxury brands; about 50 premium and luxury brands, including Zara, Tommy Hilfiger, Guess, Benetton, Levi’s etc, have opened stores in United Arab Emirates in recent years.... [tags: retailer, merket, sales, buy, analysis]
2776 words (7.9 pages)
- Banking Industry I have worked for International Bank of Commerce (IBC) for more than four years. This bank is a chartered bank own by the International Bancshares Corporation headquartered in Laredo Texas. It is also considered one of the largest minority-owned bank in the United States, and it is one of the largest banks in Texas. This industry is characterized by the potential to serve the financial needs of customers in the borders of Mexico and USA. This bank provides services such as, lending, saving, depositing, mortgage and investing.... [tags: Bank, Financial services, Bank of America]
1850 words (5.3 pages)
- Business Plan for Progressive Consulting What follows is a complete business plan for a hypothetical company. Please copy or save to your disk and use as an example in developing your own business plan. If you would like to read a series of articles jump to Web Marketing . For additional business aids click on The Practical Tools of Consulting 1. 0 Executive Summary Progressive Consulting will be formed as a consulting company specializing in marketing of high technology products in international markets.... [tags: Marketing Technology International Markets Essays]
3860 words (11 pages)
- IKEA’s Global Marketing Strategy 1. What were the sources of IKEA’s successful entry in furniture retail business in Sweden. The sources of IKEA’s successful entry into the furniture retail business were IKEA’s low prices and resilience. First, Ingvar Kamprad, the founder of IKEA, began selling furniture in his mail order company. Then he was faced with a social problem and turned it into a business opportunity. Since 1935, furniture prices rose faster than any other retail good at 41%. Kamprad responded by creating a line of furniture priced so that all could afford it.... [tags: Business Strategy Analysis]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- ... This measure can dilute the business risk arising from limitation to geographic location as well as fuel its market position. Other contributing factor for an expansion overseas arises from the suffocating rules across US credit card industry, increased overlap in product assortment and rising labor wages and healthcare cost (Target Corporation SWOT analysis, 2013). Limiting to a single geographic proximity can have consequential results. Deterioration in macroeconomic health could influence the volume of new credit accounts, the amount of program balances and the ability of credit card holders to pay their balances.... [tags: company, stores, online, website]
2745 words (7.8 pages)
- Situational Analysis The rivalry between existing companies is intense in the global furniture market and key industry players in Europe include Designs Inc, Galiform plc, Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Argos and others. However, Ikea today is the undisputed market leader in the furniture industry discount on the global scale. The threat of new entrants in the industry is low, and the chances of entrance of new competition Ikea is scarce because the current market is saturated and the significant amount of financial investments and experience are necessary to become a shop furniture discount on a global scale.... [tags: Marketing, Strategic management, SWOT analysis]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- The first step in international marketing is deciding whether to go abroad. At this step, companies must weigh the pros (better profit opportunities than domestic markets, larger customer base to achieve economies of scale, can reduce dependence on any one market) and cons (company might not understand foreign preferences, business culture, or regulations) of international business and also their company’s situation (size, financial resources, HR, expertise, experience). If they decide expanding internationally is a viable option, they must then decide which market(s) to enter.... [tags: International trade, Investment, Marketing]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- Our furniture store has enjoyed tremendous success as a cash and carry business, but in order for us to expand our market share and increase our revenue; we have decided to create an outside sales force to capture the local business market for office furniture. This sales force will focus on meeting the need of our business community for all-inclusive office furniture packages from lay-out design to product delivery. After researching the market condition in Ocala, we have determined that although there are many companies selling furniture, there are very few local businesses that are offering complete office furniture packages that include design consultation and delivery.... [tags: Sales, Marketing, Selling]
1431 words (4.1 pages)