This section describes the customers we are targeting. It defines their demographic profile (e.g., age, gender), psychographic profile (e.g., their interests) and their precise wants and needs as they relate to the products and/or services you offer.
General Motors current target market is concentrating on four markets Brazil, China, India, and Mexico. They are building a variety of vehicles starting with small compact cars and utility vehicles for sales in these markets. The idea is to look at the needs of these developing countries and act on the needs through new vehicles. Even though China had a huge increase in sales from YTD 2015- YTD 2016, the U.S. still dominates the sales market for GM. In order to make GM the leader in the market, the new target market recommended is as follows:
Target markets: recent college grads ages 22-25
This represents a group of individuals who will:
A. Be driving for a long time
B. They represent a group who have a higher chance of earning a higher income
C. College grads will most likely need a car for their new post-grad job
Demographics-Young single, educated individuals with either a Bachelor or Master degree, male and females between the ages of 22-25, with an average income of $50,...
... middle of paper ...
...ulfilled. This generation with a market size of roughly 98 million (“Fact sheet: Aging in the United States,” 2016) is comprised of individuals that want to purchase reliable and worthy vehicles that also make them feel youthful and trendy . If satisfied and happy, they will spread the word to other individuals in this same target market. Also, according to Nielsen report, they account for $230 billion in sales and makeup 70% of the nation’s disposable income. (Stagaman & McDonough, 2014)
Loyalty- Loyalty is very important to this generation. Having a vehicle with a strong reputation as well as a company that is loyal to both its customers and employees, more importantly, brands that offer exceptional customer service, true value proposition, and prioritize simplicity. (Kito, 2014) Securing the customer loyalty of this target market would inspire true advocacy.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Today, I will be examining the company Zulily’s. I will be describing Zulily’s target market and marketing strategies, which are used to reach it consumers. Next, I will be describing the revenue and business models and merchandising strategies that Zulily’s incorporate into their company. Last, I will be describing Zulily’s creative photography process, the unique technology and the major issues within the business. ` Zulily’s Target Market Zulily’s tends to focus on moms as their target audience According to Market Realist, Zulily’s target market is women around the aged 25-45.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Marketing strategy]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Target Corporation Market Segments Target markets their products to a variety of market segments when speaking about their clothing lines. The top three segments are Age-Related Segments and Gender-Related Segments. Targets approach to development, marketing and advertisement is based on seasons, genders, age in the terms of wants and needs and styles while also staying true to their brand imagine. Target has positioned itself as one of the biggest retailers with a brand imagine that can connect to the consumers, and the ability to develop and deliver high end products that come at an affordable price.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Target Corporation]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- The choosing appropriate target market is energetic to a firm’s approval and usage of the marketing idea values. Recognizing the right target market is the crucial to the execution of an effective marketing approach, whereas failure to identify can result to low sales, high costs as well as severe financial harms (Pride & Ferrell, 2010). A serious target market scrutiny places a firm is a healthier position to both serve client’s needs as well as realize its goals and objectives. Market segmentation is a vital element of marketing in developed nations.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Target]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- In every business, there is a target market. In the hospitality industry, there are many different types of restaurants that cater to a certain market segments, i.e. target markets. A restaurant caters to the respective market segment through the marketing of several factors, and in this essay, three of which will be identified and analysed how it affects the market segment the restaurant will attract. In addition, a discussion and analysis as to why the design concept of a restaurant plays a significant role in attracting and maintaining the targeted market segment will be touched upon.... [tags: Target market, Marketing, Target, Good]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Individual Assignment- Target Segment The area of decision making that will be discussed in this report is the target segment. The target markets of university students, school-aged children and business professionals will be discussed, although it is important to note that these are not the only possible markets, but these are the alternatives that will be discussed in detail. University Students The group of university students, made up predominately of Generation Y- those born between 1981 and 2000 (Lamb, 2013).... [tags: Target market, Advertising, Marketing, Target]
1033 words (3 pages)
- Introduction At Samsung our mission statement is “inspire the world, create the future” (Samsung). So Samsung is coming out with a new product called the RobotMop. This product is an extension of our robot vacuum line. We will be determining our external market environment, competitors, customers, and SWOT of Samsung. We will also be determining the organization 's Marketing Mix and its Target market such as: Product plan, Place or Distribution Plan, Promotion Plan, and Pricing Plan. This marketing plan will help ensure the success of the innovated product, RobotMop.... [tags: Marketing, Generation Y, Strategic management]
1623 words (4.6 pages)
- Target markets for the Recruitment Consultancy Target market identification is the most important step to develop the strategy since this would have an effect on how VirtueNic would reach out both to clients and job seekers VirtueNic would be targeting the market of Christchurch, New Zealand. Christchurch is the largest city in the South Island of New Zealand. It is also the country’s third most populous urban region. The city has a population of 341,469 as per March 2013 census (Statistics, 2013).... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Marketing mix]
1466 words (4.2 pages)
- Marketing – Geographically Adventureolo’s initial marketing target should be the U.S. market, where the organization is based. Due to factors such as high cost of international flights and limited vacation time, the majority of consumers are more likely to travel and seek for an adventure experience within domestic geographic regions. A successful launch in the U.S. market would increase the chances for users to continue utilizing the sites services and potentially begin seeking to travel abroad in the future.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing research, Consumer, Business]
1325 words (3.8 pages)
- Consumer product refers to an article of trade that is produced, and then used by the customer, to fulfill his or her present needs and wants. Among the commodities that can satisfy customer’s needs and wants is iPhone 5S. This is a Smartphone of high quality, which is manufactured by Apple industry. Being part of iPhone line, it was first presented to the market on 20, September, 2013 (Stephen, 2000). Apple Inc. has grown broader in terms of market size, and product accessibility. It designs, manufactures, and markets media service and mobile communication.... [tags: companies, consumer products]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- The buyer vs. the end user, who should be my target. It is impossible to reach the goal without knowing where I am, this is an affirmation that we have heard throughout our life, the objectives have been defined, goals, direction, focus, familiar words in our daily living, but these words must not only be applied in our lives but that of an almost natural and in parallel are widely used in the "social processes" (Philip Kotler) as marketing. And, when we contemplate in satisfying some need through a good or service, it 's almost immediately the idea that spontaneously comes to our mind is: and How determined that need.... [tags: Target market, Marketing, Target, Luser]
1014 words (2.9 pages)