According to Sanjay Kalirona, the business head for mobile phones at Intex Inc., “The world of smartphones is very competitive.” To him, the moment a smartphone manufacturer gets complacent in the market, his survival in the market is left at the risk of pulling out of the market to pave way for the competent manufacturers. While android and iOS smartphones compete for market share, new devices are released into the market every other day. The competition in producing good smartphones remains stiff and tough every day.
While the issue of market dominance lingers in the smartphone market, both iPhone and android are great rivals with each trying to capture a segment of the world population (TarunPathak, 2015). A lot of China and Asian Vendors such as Huawei and Xiaomi among others use Android Operating system and sell their products at relatively lower prices. The low prices make the devices affordable to majority of the people. According to TarunPathak, positive competition is good as far as consumers get the quality products.
According to TarunPathak, a Counterpoint Research 's senior analyst, “You cannot restrain the legs of fast runners in order to make a slow paced runner catch them up.” The competition allows manufacturers to produce quality and competitive products to win market share as well as to increase sales and leads. In this case, I am fond of using Apple Products. There is significant difference between the two brands in terms of technology used and the ease of use. On the other hand, Apple is advanced in providing its clients with the best support and help. The following are the reasons why I prefer using Apple Brands to Android Brands:
Best Support and Help
When I experience problems with my...
... middle of paper ...
...freedom and choices, they are not predictable for users.
In conclusion, I find it more confusing and complicated using Android gadgets. Although the iPhone is my choice, the manufacturer has not established a good move to target low income earners to use the products. The reason is because iPhone mobiles are highly priced and they segregate people into social classes. However, the customer and manufacturer relationship is good especially when troubleshooting both hardware and software problems. Furthermore, the user experience is more important than every other thing. On the side of user experience, I do not understand why both Google Settings app and Google app’s settings page for android are different. This complicates everything in Android. Instead, I stick to iPhone because the ergonomics and operations are much easier to do on iPhone than on Android.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mobile Phones Should Be Banned Every sixth person in the world has a mobile phone. They are now considered as almost a necessity in the modern world, and its difficult to remember what we did without them. They have moved technology forward, created thousands of jobs, and even saved lives. Its easy to understand where the appeal lies, mobiles are the perfect marketing product. They are the ultimate portable communication station, with kudos. They are practical, compact, relatively affordable, aesthetically pleasing and entertaining.... [tags: Papers]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- A marketing strategy is an essential component of a corporate strategy (Bradley, 2015). An appropriate marketing strategy assists a company to identify its target markets and to set measurable goals. It is vital to the success of the organization that a marketing plan is implemented that addresses performance, growth and profitability (Daft, 2015). The aim of this paper is to examine the strategic marketing process with specific emphasis on the key phases of planning, implementation and control.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- Today, I will be examining the company Zulily’s. I will be describing Zulily’s target market and marketing strategies, which are used to reach it consumers. Next, I will be describing the revenue and business models and merchandising strategies that Zulily’s incorporate into their company. Last, I will be describing Zulily’s creative photography process, the unique technology and the major issues within the business. ` Zulily’s Target Market Zulily’s tends to focus on moms as their target audience According to Market Realist, Zulily’s target market is women around the aged 25-45.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Marketing strategy]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Mobile phones are undeniable today. Almost everybody has a mobile phone. Formerly, it only functioned as a portable mean of communication. The function of a mobile phone has developed into entertainment. Furthermore, mobile phone has also come into the schools. However, it has both positive and negative effect on students. This essay argues that mobile phones will bring more negative than positive effect for students. Of course, students use it as a mean of communication and sometimes for an emergency call if they need it.... [tags: Mobile Phones]
505 words (1.4 pages)
- “An 8-by-10 foot cell no human contact, no chance to see the moon or the stars or the sun, or hear the birds for years and decades. That’s torture.” (Bernstein, 2013) This quote by Keith James, a prisoner advocate, discusses what solitary confinement is like. As extreme as this may be social isolation can be minimally comparable to solitary confinement. In both cases somebody is being isolated from the outside world, the major difference being solitary confinement is forced upon a person while social isolation is a person’s choice.... [tags: Negative Impact of Mobile Phones on Teens]
1803 words (5.2 pages)
- There is no doubt that almost all people in developed country using mobile phones, from teen until old peoples. They are using mobile phones for business communication, keeping contact with family and friends, and even just followed the trends. This essay will focus on using mobile phones in elementary and high schools. There are many disadvantages of using mobile phones in school such as, students use mobile phones for cheating, as well as that can destroy concentration while study in classroom.... [tags: mobile phones, schools,]
539 words (1.5 pages)
- With the blooming development of science and technology, mobile phones have become an indispensable part of life. The increasing number of teenagers who use a cell phone in schools which disrupts classrooms orders has become a major concern. However, mobile phones should not be banned in schools. Actually, it is not necessary to ban mobile phones in schools. Additionally, using mobile phones in schools has some positive influences. Furthermore, it is likewise a human right for students. Firstly, through implementing some campus rules and some technological means, the negative impresses of using mobile phones will be eliminated properly.... [tags: mobile phones, banned, schools, education,]
588 words (1.7 pages)
- Marketing opportunities are endless with the use of mobile devices and the use of effective mobile marketing strategies. Direction communication to the target audience, anytime, anywhere is what it offers. We are in a social era, which is mostly characterized by the convenience of using the Internet and all things mobile. Essentially, mobile marketing is an absolutely must in a technological environment that is constantly changing. Consumers rely on their mobile device to swipe and search every second they get.... [tags: Marketing, Mobile phone, Internet, Advertising]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- Africa, often seen as a third-world continent, has had dramatic developmental progress with the insertion of mobile phones into the infrastructure. Most mobile devices are the simple, low-end brands, of which tens of millions have already been sold across the continent. As prices drop, the more expensive “smartphones”, such as the Blackberry, have been increasing in popularity, bucking the market trends in North America and Europe. Between the years 2000 and 2010, mobile phone subscriptions for some companies have increased nearly 500-fold.... [tags: Africa's mobile phones, mobile banking]
2113 words (6 pages)
- Mobile phones are reaching whole around the world and will dramatically change to express the new lifestyle of people (Friedrich et al 2009; Xinze, 2008). Such technology has made more and more everybody be reachable (Marez et al. 2007). The mobile penetration and adoption are almost 100% in western countries and several Asian countries (Netsize, 2007; The Economist, 2005). This phenomenon is the ubiquitous revolutionary helped in the adoption and distribution of mobile commerce since it allows marketing activities tailored to actual customer needs and tastes (Barutçu, 2007), and more precisely targeting customers by using face-to- marketing communications person compared with impersonal and... [tags: Technology, Marketing]
498 words (1.4 pages)
- Graduation Speech : College Writing Courses
- Differential Cognitive Effects Of Cycling Versus Stretching / Coordination Training
- Ecotourism : Sustainable Tourism About Using Natural Resources
- The Theory Of Free Will And Determinism
- Marketing Analysis : Consumer And Marketing Research
- Personal Statement : Effective Interpersonal Interactions