Marketing is an important part of a business similar to research and design, finance or operations. There are various dimensions in marketing, which together help the business make sales. The first core marketing function is corporate marketing, which according to Saini & Krush (2008), has a global marketing outlook. It involves the presentation of the organization in a positive manner to the investors, public and other relevant organizations in an attempt to meets the objectives. Strategic marketing is another core marketing function that is involved in devising mechanism for achievement of proposed goals through integrating the opportunities available with optimization of organization departments such as production to fill the gaps in the market (Saini & Krush, 2008). Product management is the third core marketing function, which operates on the product lifecycle basis. It involves the short term and long term strategies of product development and commercialization in an efficient manner. The product produced need to be marketed, and this forms the fourth core marketing function. It involves the launching of the products through product manages to the value addition and sales. Finally, the five core marketing function is the field marketing, which is the execution of the marketing programs. It helps the organization create distribute the product in areas that opportunities have been identified in a more efficient manner.
Goals and expected outcomes of core marketing function
Corporate marketing function seeks to create a brand that will set standards within the market. Moreover, it is aimed at defining the global public relations infrastructure, enhance corporate image through clear communication and...
... middle of paper ...
...nce marketing decision making seek to determine the efficiency of advertising strategies based on sales and profitability. PROMOTER model is one such tool that utilizes artificial intelligence to offer access to sales promotion measures such as sales, profits and consumer numbers for evaluation. It also helps one to compare own sales with sales promotion of competitors and other companies. Place as part of the 4Ps of marketing involves product distribution and sales force (Tălpău, 2014). Among the models that are involved in sales and distribution and are helpful for marketing decision making is market response model. This focuses on sales through evaluation of measures such as frequency and scheduling of sale calls. Distribution is usually measured by identification of the best channels outlets, which is crucial for an organization during decision making.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Marketing and Operations Functions Name Institution Introduction Various organizations have different functions that interrelate to enhance productivity and performance (Bell, 2013). These functions are integrated to give the organizations a competitive advantage and emerge stronger in their domains. These functions include marketing, operations, finance and human resource functions. The interaction between these functions enables organizations and firms to work towards achieving the fundamental goals of the organization.... [tags: Marketing, Organic food, Whole Foods Market]
3088 words (8.8 pages)
- Raviz Restuarant Introduction: Raviz Group of India n Restaurant offers authentic Indian Cuisine at various locations in New Zealand. All restaurant are fully licensed and both dine - in and take - way options for customers to enjoy.Raviz been started in the Year 2000 with the idea to give real authentic Indian Cuisine. It’s been hard work at early days but with the support of locals, the Brand Opened 7 branches in few years. Raviz now targeting to open more branches on different cities of New Zealand.... [tags: Marketing, Customer service, Sales]
3115 words (8.9 pages)
Functions Of Managerial Communication : The Standpoint Of Advertising, Promotions, And Marketing Manager
- Communication looks simple and almost effortless, especially when it goes smoothly. But every communicative exchange is affected by principles that aren’t always apparent. In my paper I’ll be discussing how certain components of managerial communication can be helpful to me in my marketing career path. I’ll be examining the concepts that will be most useful to me from the standpoint of advertising, promotions, and marketing manager. Advertising, promotions, and marketing managers plan programs to generate interest in a product or service.... [tags: Team, Management, Marketing, The A-Team]
1311 words (3.7 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Role as service app, SuitYourself come to solve the limitations on online shopping such as the disadvantage with online retailing eyewear, whereby the consumers unable to judge whether the products would suit their face shape properly. Consumers were encouraged to use the online shopping methods due its practicality. Hence, SuitYourself app will build customer satisfaction through providing user’s face shape with the eyewear illustrate through the apps and selling/distributing accurate products to the users.... [tags: Marketing, Retailing, Contract, Business]
1502 words (4.3 pages)
- Effective marketing has been an essential aspect of business tactics. The appropriate methods of marketing, consumer behavior, and effectiveness of marketing were all involved in business policies. Growth and the ability to with stand fluctuating economies were critical elements of business planning as well. This chapter will discuss the history of business marketing, the methods of business marketing, consumer behaviors, and the effectiveness of business marketing to stimulate progression. History of Marketing The title of the article was Origins of marketing thought in Britain by Brian Jones and Mark Tadajewski.... [tags: Marketing, Business, Marketing strategy, Consumer]
1996 words (5.7 pages)
- Importance of Marketing Concept Marketing is one of the most important aspects of the business industry today. As noted early on in class lecture, the customer is the center focus of a business, however it is marketing that essentially bring the business functions together. The Marketing Concept focuses on making a decision based on the needs and wants of target markets to deliver value better than competitors. The Marketing Concepts helps an organization or company operate with greater efficiency by reducing costs and risks, having competitive advantage against competitors and increasing profitability and customer equity.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Product differentiation]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Strategic Marketing Process The purpose of this paper is to briefly explore the strategic marketing process, specifically the key phases of planning, implementation, and control. In addition, the application of mixed marketing to create a market segments as well as customer loyalty is equally explored. Several relevant scholarly sources were identified to provide research and information about the strategic marketing process and its evolutionary development from the industrial to the information technological age.... [tags: Marketing]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Defining Marketing The term marketing in a conversation tends to trigger thoughts of sales and/or advertising. Eventhough both of the functions are intimatley involved with the marketing process, it would be incorrect to believe that is all that marketing focuses on. In fact this may have been a truth in the past but times have changed and with that change has come major rethinking in the area of marketing. The much larger, demanding, and competitive markets have forced organizations to re-define marketing in a whole new light and thus depend on the marketing function to keep an orgaiztions competitive edge marketplace.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1043 words (3 pages)
- "Marketing is a social and managerial process by which individuals and groups obtain what they need and want through creating and exchanging products and value with others." (Kotler et al, 2003:13). Marketing is a key aspect within a business and has several different functions. Some of these functions include, research, analysis, promotion, pricing and distribution. These functions lead into the evolution of the five alternative concepts under which organisations conduct marketing activities. The concepts include the production concept, the product concept, the selling concept, the marketing concept and the societal marketing concept.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1689 words (4.8 pages)
- The importance of marketing: The increase in appointing a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) shows the importance of marketing for many companies. They are on the same management level as Executive Officers and Chief Financial Officers. Jack Welch, General Electrics former CEO, stated ‘Change or die’ when it comes to surviving in business. What is Marketing. This chapter will take a look back on the fundamental elements of marketing and also what is happening in the 21st century. Definition: ‘marketing is an organisational function and a set of processes for creating, communicating and delivering value to customers and for managing customer relationships in ways that benefit the organisation and... [tags: Business Marketing]
1613 words (4.6 pages)