Although originally a magazine, VICE has expanded to become much more than a printed resource for trivial information, as it has evolved into an award-winning multiplatform company that has stretched over the globe, and it continues to grow. The youth culture in particular has attached itself to VICE’s model of presenting news, not only because its message is clear and usually appears unbiased, but it displays raw and interesting content in order to grasp their attention. VICE has established itself in 34 countries, entertaining millions of viewers across its diverse platform. VICE reaches its audience primarily online, where an expansive network of media consumers resides to gain knowledge; however, VICE is expanding its efforts to portray its content on new mediums, including cable networks. Shane Smith’s willpower has combined with his originality in order to create an international news platform that displays media effectively to its primarily younger audience, by providing opportunities to view authentic and interesting content, spreading awareness on a multitude of issues that face our globe, and revolutionize VICE’s multi-billion dollar media entity.
While certain television networks have been hesitant to become digitalized and operate its business on the Internet, Shane Smith and his team at VICE have the mindset of producing content for largely an online audience; with quality content that is impactful enough to win awards at various film festivals, VICE continues to prove itself it the realm of quality journalism. Shane Smith is confident in his efforts by clarifying t...
... middle of paper ...
...for coverage of information on issues that face humanity.
A lot of what VICE has been able to do is because of the efforts willed by Shane Smith. There is no doubt in my mind that this platform will continue to grow and expand as its influence extends to even more countries, within the next few years. Consumers demand content immediately, and VICE certainly meets this request with vigilance. VICE has influenced the way media is presented, in the face of major competitors like Time Warner and Comcast, VICE shines through as a major contender for the throne of quality journalism. Many young people have a distrust with conventional news platforms, and they look at VICE to provide them with vital information. Shane Smith is the individual responsible for VICE’s success. Without his determination and failure to quit, VICE wouldn’t be currently valued at over $4 Billion.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The novel Shane written by Jack Schaefer is a story of a mysterious stranger that walked into the Wyoming valley in late 1800’s. He was introduced into the life of Joe Starrett, an honest, hardworking Wyoming farmer. The stranger rarely speaks about himself except that his name is Shane. Even though Joe knows little about Shane, he invites Shane to stay at his place for a while. While Shane is staying with the Starrett family, he discovers Fletcher, a wealthy and greedy man, and understands he is trying to take hold of Joe’s and other homesteader’s land.... [tags: Shane, Jack Schaefer, bravery,]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Smith and Wesson one of the world’s leading manufacturers of firearms was founded in 1852 by Horace Smith and Daniel B. Wesson (Form 10-K Annual Report p.1, 2011). Over the next 160 years the company would be bought and sold several times starting with Mr. Wesson purchasing Mr. Smith’s interest in 1873. The Wesson family sold Smith & Wesson Corp. in 1965 and the company would change hands 4 more times between 1984 and its final resting place as Smith & Wesson Holding Company in 2001. They are one of the largest manufacturers of handguns and handcuffs in the USA and the largest US exporter of handguns.... [tags: Smith & Wesson Analysis]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Digital marketing is a growing field that “promotes products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media.” Examples of “advertising mediums that might be used as part of the digital marketing strategy of a business could include promotional efforts made via the Internet, social media, mobile phones and electronic billboards, as well as via digital and television and radio channels” (businessdictionary.com) This method of advertisement makes a digital marketing analyst necessary to help navigate a company through the proper marketing channels.... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Marketing research]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Tourism Marketing Question 3 A: Destination objectives- The first objective for Destination Queenstown is to maintain peak season through summer/winter because Queenstown is very busy in peak season and they are trying to maintain visitor numbers. To develop shoulder seasons in spring and autumn, this will bring more people to Queenstown when it is not so busy but there are still amazing experiences in Queenstown. To increase visitors stay days, increase visitor spend and build strategic partnerships, to bring more profit for Queenstown and build stronger relationships with partnerships.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing research, Tourism]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- The Role of Situation Analysis in Marketing Plan Facing to more complex business environment, systematically marketing plans are important to organizations in terms of maintaining a high level of operating efficiency and achieving goals fully. According to Sally and John (1996:3), marketing plans are “the written document or blueprint for implementing and controlling an organization’s marketing activities related to a particular marketing strategy” (Sally, D., Lyndon S., & John, B., 1996: 3). A successful marketing plan is able to improve organizations’ profits and growth, uses in objective setting and monitors results (Subash Jain, Michael D.... [tags: Business Marketin Analysis]
1566 words (4.5 pages)
- Company Background "Smith & Hawken is the premier authority in outdoor living, dedicated to providing products distinguished by authenticity, style and above all, fine craftsmanship" (Smith & Hawken, 2007). The channels used by Smith & Hawken include catalog, retail, and the internet. Dave Smith and Paul Hawken started in 1979 as a mail order company, providing a means for the consumer to obtain high-quality garden tools.... [tags: Business Finance Management Analysis]
1525 words (4.4 pages)
- Generally marketing is defined by ‘Marketing is a business term referring to the promotion of products, advertising, pricing, distribution channels, and branding. The term developed from the original meaning which referred literally to going to market, as in shopping, or going to a market to sell goods or services.’ This is a definition everyone can easily found on Wikipedia, but is it sufficient. According to Kotler ‘Marketing is more than any other business function, deals with customers. Creating customer value and satisfaction are at the very heart of modern marketing thinking and practice.’ This essay will provide an analysis of the marketing news story which appeared in 2008, about Che... [tags: Article Analysis Business Marketing]
1137 words (3.2 pages)
- The four P’s, product, price, place, and promotion, are important to the success of any organization because they are the variables that marketing representatives of the organization can control in order to best satisfy customers in the target market. The goal is to make decisions that center the four P’s on the customers in the target market in order to create perceived value and generate a positive response. The Product is the physical product or service offered to the consumer. Products and services vary greatly in the hospital environment.... [tags: Marketing]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- Kudler Foods Marketing Analysis Kudler Foods is a small independent grocer with three stores in northern San Diego County. Kudler Foods specializes in providing unique and high quality ingredients for the gourmet chef. In an effort to increase profits, the company is interested in adding catering to its service offerings. The success of the catering service offering is dependent on the creation of an appropriate and effective marketing campaign. The marketing campaign must be carefully designed and implemented to provide the expected increase in profits.... [tags: Business Analysis Marketing Management]
1824 words (5.2 pages)
- Markering Introduction Steve Case founded America Online (AOL) in pre-Internet days when the networking of various computer systems was rather informal and difficult for all but the highly computer-literate to accomplish. His goal was to make accessing these networks easy enough for anyone to manage. Though AOL has changed dramatically since those days, ease of use has remained a primary consideration in all changes visible to the user. Much maligned by the more "serious" services (and their subscribers) in the past, AOL has risen to be the industry leader despite challenges and the image of being the J.R.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing BTEC Coursework]
576 words (1.6 pages)