Donkey has been in Athens for over 10 years offering high-quality coffee and satisfying customer’s demands. As the quality of coffee is enhanced by the experience from the long-run operation, a strong brand name in Athens and a group of loyal customers have been developed. Based on survey results in the Athens News, Donkey has been voted for the best coffee shop in Athens in recent years (Best of Athens 2015 – Dining, January 25, 2015). This fact not only shows that Donkey is the most popular coffee shop in Athens, but it also informs that there are a large number of Donkey’s loyal customers. According to an article on Harvard Business Review, loyal customers can provide income and success to a company, and the amount of loyal customers determines whether a company makes a profit or not (Heskett, Jones, Loveman, Sasser, Jr., and Schlesinger, 1994, p. 170). Loyal customers play an important role in profit-making and growth; therefore, more customers give Donkey a big advantage.
Donkey’s weakness is that the price is higher than the average coffee price in Athens because Donkey is se...
... middle of paper ...
...feehouse can control cost of coffee beans to be more stable and lower than Donkey, because they have their own supply chain and regular suppliers. Starbucks has more advantages in cost-saving, so Donkey is facing stiff competition.
In conclusion, Donkey Coffee and Espresso has strong market position in Athens due to the high quality coffee and long-term operating. In order to promoting social justice, the owner commits to make fair-trade coffee and the high price becomes a weakness for making profit. The competition with those strong competitors is a big challenge for Donkey. However, it is successful in community involvement, and there are still opportunities to consolidate this dominance. For the future, in order to maintain the leading position between Athens’ coffee shops, Donkey must take its advantages and overcome difficulties in the competitive environment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Caribou coffee is a specialty coffee and espresso retailer. At the end of 2013, packaged coffee sales were at an all-time low category wide and Caribou had closed roughly 80 stores across the nation. According to the Chicago Tribune, Caribou Coffee had to close stores after evaluations showed they would not be meeting their sales expectations. Caribou brought on Exponent PR and Colle+McVoy to find a new marketing approach. According to the Silver Anvil case summary, Caribou has three main target audiences.... [tags: Coffee, Espresso, Retailing, Sales]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- Getting a great cup of espresso is a joy. The strong flavor of the brew and the creamy, rich crema cap is like nothing else. The best espresso machine under 200 will be a machine that has more of the luxury features than a lower cost machine. It will not have all the features of a far more expensive machine. What it will have are solid and well-made internal mechanics, an attractive exterior and a well-rounded set of features. These three machine are some of the nicer machines on the market at this price point.... [tags: Coffee, Espresso, Coffee preparation]
1487 words (4.2 pages)
- The vision for the Mystic Monk Coffee is to grow its operations by purchasing over again brewer that would deliver more espresso, expanding the client based by reaching out to more catholic houses of worship and corporate backers and getting support from a greater amount of the outside world to produce deals and eventually buy the Irma Lake farm. The mission of the Carmelite Monks of Wyoming is to carry on with a tranquil disconnected life working, worshipping and living inside their methods. Be that as it may, Father Daniel Mary has a dream to improve their way of life and living conditions and their espresso business.... [tags: Marketing, Coffee, Consultative selling, Espresso]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- Some of the best beverages in the world are made using the humble coffee bean. I know that coffee, in all it 's guises, surely makes my life better. But understanding the difference between espresso and coffee or the difference between coffee and cappuccino can feel tricky at first. I know the first time I walked into a coffee shop by myself I was a little overwhelmed. I didn 't know the difference between latte and cappuccino, let alone the difference between mocha and latte. I was able to learn, eventually.... [tags: Coffee, Espresso, Milk, Caffeine]
1512 words (4.3 pages)
- A great espresso takes a great machine. Being able to tend to each detail to craft the perfect cup is one of the marks of a fine machine. The best espresso machine under 500 will allow you to control nearly every aspect of the process. The machines are sleek stainless steel and made with professional quality parts. At this price point you should expect industrial strength forged brass components, modern good looks and plenty of included accessories. These are some of the best machines on the market today.... [tags: Espresso, Coffee, Cappuccino, Stainless steel]
2279 words (6.5 pages)
- Coffee connoisseurs know that getting great tasting espresso or other coffee shop drinks can become. Like most people, I 'm on a budget. I wanted to be able to enjoy my favorite drinks while not breaking the bank. I needed to find the Best Espresso Machine under 100 dollars for my home. These three machines offer the best value at this price point. Each one has pluses and possible minuses. Each one is well made. With the right care each machine will give its owner many years worth of delicious coffee.... [tags: Coffee, Espresso, Espresso machine, Cappuccino]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- Philz Coffee is an American coffee company and coffee shop chain founded in San Francisco, California by Phil Jaber, a Palestinian immigrant from Rammallah, West Bank, in 2003. Jaber owned and operated a corner grocery store in the Mission District of San Francisco for 25 years. Having established strong ties with the community and engaging them in the coffee blend development and selection process, Jaber turned this very same store on the corner of 24th Street and Folsom Street into the first Philz Coffee location.... [tags: Coffee, Coffeehouse, Starbucks, Espresso]
1676 words (4.8 pages)
- 1. Introduction Our founder from Seattle was inspired by Hong Kong’s entrepreneurial spirit. He set out to make Pacific Coffee a community hub known for its informality and friendly attitude. Since the opening of its first coffeehouse in 1992, Pacific Coffee has provided world-class coffee to satisfy Hong Kong's growing demand for specialty coffee beverages, and served as a urban oasis for customers wishing to have a moment of peace in their busy, hectic life. 2. Existing Business Portfolio In addition to world-class coffee, great food and comfortable surroundings, Pacific Coffee also strives to bring our customers the ultimate communication services.... [tags: Marketing Essays]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- 5). In October of the same year Starbucks entered New Zeland. The company had a franchisee for KFC and Pizza Hut, to open retail stores in the country (The Seattle Times, 1998, para. 2). Then Starbucks took the market of Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia. In 1999 the brand extended to China, South Korea and Lebanon. The next year it added 7 more countries, then 3 more in 2001, and then 9 more in 2002. After that Starbucks started just filling the gaps in the cities of those countries, and add the new ones to the list of its global marketing.... [tags: Coffee, Starbucks, Espresso, Marketing]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Starbucks the world’s largest coffee company that has announced its long term objectives and its starting with expansion of more stores and growth strategies as it will start to enter the tea industry and boost the consumer relationship. The company plans to do the following: first by the company having a substantial growth in sales. The company will open more new stores and remodel many more within the next ten years, so that they can capitalize on the Starbucks brand, they will be able to enjoy new products known as the Evolution Fresh juices at all the stores.... [tags: Starbucks, Coffee, Espresso, Coffeehouse]
703 words (2 pages)