for your hard earned money. Although Wal Mart and Publix both offer comparable grocery items
Walmart boasts to be the leader of low prices while Publix truly makes shopping a pleasure with
their superior customer service, quality and freshly prepared products.
One of the most important areas to consider is customer service. The atmosphere of a store
will determine if a customer wants to become a repeat shopper. Publix is well known for superior
customer service while Wal Mart is the almost the opposite. Wal Mart has a negative atmosphere
which seems as if the employees don’t even want to be there much less happy and helpful.
Publix on the other hand has the best training plan which implements first priority on the
customer. Publix employees are trained to not only greet each and every customer, but to
personally take the customer to whatever item they are searching for while Wal Mart employees
often ignore the customer or at the very least offer help begrudgingly. This could be a result from
how the companies treat their employees. Publix is the largest employee owned company in the
United States. Publix rewards employees with stock every year while Wal Mart is a publically
traded company. This makes the employees at Publix want to make their store successful as they
will benefit from it.
Another item to consider between the two stores is the quality of the products being offered.
Part of what makes Publix more inviting is the look of their stores. They have a cool vintage look
that is reminiscent of a time gone by when life was slowed down and people were friendlier. The
stores are smaller because the products ...
... middle of paper ...
...alled Apron’s cooking schools. They
have an employee center stage doing demos several times throughout the day. They cook up a
wonderful quick meal right in front of you. They show you hands on how to prepare and cook it,
the items needed and answer any questions you may have. The best part is they serve it to the
customers so they can try it out and decide if it’s worth cooking. They offer printed recipes that
list the items you need to purchase. It makes meal night an easy way to ty new and different
In conclusion Wal Mart may be a leader in low prices but sometimes you sacrifice quality when
just considering that one factor. Publix may have higher prices but when you factor in the
superior service and the unbeatable quality it truly does make shopping at Publix pleasurable. It
seems logical that Publix is the most profitable grocer in America.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cathy Huang Mr. Allen and Mr. Buys Junior Humanities Periods 3+4 02/24/2016 Online shopping vs in-store shopping Thesis: Online shopping is better than in-store one and will have more customers in the future. Since the internet came out and developed, online shopping has become important parts of many people. With the rapid development of the Internet in the world, more and more people began to start online shopping due to its convenience, time-saving and benefits. For the definition, Online shopping is an act of purchasing items or services on the Internet and has grown in popularity over years.... [tags: Online shopping, Amazon.com, Electronic commerce]
1592 words (4.5 pages)
- 3 LITERATURE REVIEW Visiting a shopping mall is an everyday activity for most. Shopping malls have become a central hub for a diverse set of activities ranging from being an access point to satisfy basic needs for food and clothing to being a social mecca where customers can engage in common interests. Over the last decade, the influx of competitors in the mall arena has forced managers to develop strategies that elevate themselves above the competition. As a result, different malls have deliberately introduced unique attributes to serve as a magnet to attract shoppers.... [tags: Shopping mall, Retailing, Power centre]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- How a Family Could Shop for Their Groceries Using a Website Mrs George has to prepare a lesson for school about shopping on the Internet and discusses it with her family. They have just started to use the online service. Research and produce a report describing how a family could shop for their groceries using a website and discuss the benefits and limitations this might bring to the family and society. Your report should consider the effects on: * The family * Supermarket management and their employees Online Shopping: Systems that provide a secure environment for browsing and purchasing products over an on-line service, such as America Online or vi... [tags: Papers]
2964 words (8.5 pages)
- ... Delivery allows consumers to save time and do other tasks instead of supermarket shopping. Overall, online supermarkets offer customers more utility than a conventional supermarket. Limitations: By shopping online the consumer loses the ability to assess the quality of products. This is important for consumers, as assessing quality is alternative reasoning in the purchase decision process. Since consumers have this lack alternative reasoning, they may not be willing to complete the purchase in particular items such as: fruit, meat, vegetables.... [tags: grocery store, internet, customers]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- ... Unless the patrons were desperate, they would probably not decide to dine at that establishment. A vast majority of people would not bother going there at all or would at least wait until a health inspector has deemed it safe to eat from that venue. The same scenario would apply if the business was a grocery store. Where some markets reek the aroma of the seafood department or butcher section, Publix has yet to be described as one those places. Furthermore, the lack of fruit flies buzzing around the neatly arranged produce gives its shoppers the sense that they have chosen the right place to do business.... [tags: Supermarket, Grocery store, Kroger, Food]
802 words (2.3 pages)
- The most Effective Way to Market an On-line Shopping Service for Tecsave Background info: Tecsave ======================== Tecsave is now a supermarket store but when Tecsave was first established Tecsave was a grocery store situated somewhere in the Midlands. A sole trader named Robbie Peers in 1947 founded Tecsave. Within a decade Tecsave expanded internally by becoming a PLC (Private Limited Company) and by situating 56 branches somewhere in the Midlands. At the present time Tecsave have continued to expand by placing 187 branches situated in various parts of the U.K (131 branches situated outside the Midlands).... [tags: Papers]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- I went to the super market on an early Sunday morning this past weekend. I went alone to make sure I was able to see everything that was happening. I went early in the morning and the majority of the people were senior citizens, parents with babies, and runners who were who coming from the boulevard. Most Sundays when I have gone grocery shopping it is slow, and no one is really awake yet. I went to a store that was bigger and would have a higher flow of people. I wanted to run errands and be able to do some school work at the same time.... [tags: Supermarket, Grocery store, Old age, Cart]
1618 words (4.6 pages)
- Retail stores consider many factors when designing the store to assist with maximizing the experience that the customer will encounter. The average customer has no idea that the store places such amount of thought into the setup and design layout. Everything from the merchandise displays to the locations of certain departments are designed to increase the revenue and success of the store. The target market for the retail store is classified as the type of customer that will contribute to the success and can evolve over time if the store is experiencing difficult times.... [tags: Department store, Retailing, Supermarket, Sales]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- INDUSTRY EVOLUTION Whole Foods Market Inc. is a service provider in the grocery industry, which report in the US economy under the North American Industry Classification System NAICS 42441, General-line groceries merchants wholesalers, by the time the company started operations in 1980 supermarkets had a history of 51 years. Supermarkets unlike other type of retail is considered truly American in origin, self service grocery stores are traced back to 1912 in Memphis Tennessee, and it was in 1930 when Michael Cullen opened the first store of the King Kullen supermarket chain, it was around that time after the big depression that the independent stores which at that time only offered dry groce... [tags: Supermarket, Wal-Mart, Grocery store]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- Strategic Management-Whole Food Market Whole Foods Market competes in the industry of grocery products. As it come to light from the study his industry is highly competitive. This market’s traites are the low prices and convenience are the dominant factors driving consumers to the supermarkets today. The emergence of the supermarkets in the 1930s was result of a three major changes in society: 1.,The shift in population from rural to urban areas.; 2., An increase in disponsable income.; 3., Increase mobility throught ownership of automobiles.... [tags: Business Management Strategy Analysis]
1508 words (4.3 pages)