In order to enter the marketplace there are two significant issues that we must first address before we can proceed further. Firstly, taste. The diet wafer must be of a texture, taste, and consistency that is enjoyable for our targeted customers. Secondly, in order to progress into larger marketplaces, an in-depth and scientific study must be performed with real test subjects that can demonstrate concrete evidence of the weigh loss effects of our product. A taste test booth can be set up around the University of Calgary campus in order to gauge the public’s opinion on test flavors and textures. Furthermore, a scientific test can be conducted at the University as well in order to gain scientific evidence solidifying our products claims.
Sales estimates at the moment are far too unpredictable based on the fact that our product has yet to be finalized in regards to taste and consistency. Therefore, we feel a strong focus on taste, as well as building a strong brand reputation in Calgary are the most vital goals to which sales will follow. The appeal of our product initially will be, the taste, scientific claims backing the weigh loss capabilities, our local Calgary product appeal to Calgarians as well as strong price point under that of our competitors.
In order to identify prospective customers within Calgary we recommend starting by essentially “pounding the pavement” in that we must have Calgarians who fit our target market try these biscuits and get their feed back on taste, quality, texture and whether or not this biscuit is something that they are currently seeking or would be interested in purchasing if they knew it existed. An approach that we recommend would be to begin in Calgary farm...
... middle of paper ...
...m free samples to which they can have competitions to receive the free samples.
On the local Calgary front. The marketing tactics utilized will fore the most part be word of mouth and social media. Currently the brand recognition is non existent. We must start small, building our brand awareness and reputation at the University of Calgary wherein students will discuss this product because their professors are offering them work terms for credit. As well as word of mouth and brand awareness generated through farmers markets. As we generate a larger and larger brand awareness larger and larger markets will be made available. Expanding into independent branches, then local Co-op’s. As we increase our awareness within the local community we can take this proven success to trade shows as well a food brokers whom can then propel the diet wafer to a larger marketplace.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Strategic Marketing Plan Company Overview and Market Research Overview of Company Caninantics is a start-up company based in Atlanta, Georgia specializing in making pet food dispensing equipment and toys for the American market. The company is also planning on diversifying its market to include other canine care supplies and accessories, such as Bluetooth LE-enabled pet tracking device by the end of the year. The company has been in business for one year and after getting venture capital from various companies has planned to take on the market leaders and gain a substantial market share in the six months through commercialization of its major product, CaninFeeder.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing research, Food, Research]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- Market penetration is where the company is the market leader and has the most share of the market. They do this by pushing their existing products into the existing markets. Product development is where they develop new products or modify existing products and put them into existing markets for example, coca cola has coca cola cherry, life, diet and zero. Market development is where they put existing products into new markets in the hope that they will sell, this could be in markets abroad or just different regions.... [tags: Marketing, Markets, Coca-Cola, Market penetration]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- I. Introduction This paper will analyze the company OLAM Ghana a subsidiary of Olam International Limited. Olam Ghana is engaged in export of agricultural commodities including cocoa, cashew, sheanuts and wood products. It also imports and distributes rice, sugar, dairy products, tomato paste and edible oil. (Olam, 2014) 1) Target Market Olam Ghana target total value chain distribution (distributors, wholesalers and retailers). Olam Ghana distribution network covers whole Ghana; however the customers are widely distributed in all the areas.... [tags: target market, selling prices]
1656 words (4.7 pages)
- Introduction Marketing strategy is defined as “a process that can allow an organization to concentrate its resources on the optimal opportunities with the goals of increasing sales and achieving a sustainable competitve advantage ” in the freedicionary.com. To contribute to the goals of the company and its marketing objectives, all basic and long term activitiees in the field of marketing can be taken as marketing strategies.It includes dealing with the analysis of the strategic initial of a company and the formulation,evelaution and selection of market-oriented strategie.... [tags: Marketing, Strategic management]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- Developing a Business Plan When it comes to developing a business plan one must first know what is involved in business growth and entrepreneurialism. The business plan is an outline of what you wish to accomplish with your business and is a way to generate interest from investors. The business plan needs to be structured in a comprehensive and effective process that covers any and all routes that a company may need to take to insure the success of the business. The general structure of a business plan as established by the Small Business Administration is a nine step document that includes an executive summary, company description, market analysis, organization and management, service or... [tags: Marketing, Management, Finance, Business]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- Team Leadership To successfully define, enter, and grow the new market segment, combination of team and transformational leadership approaches are highly recommended. This is a cultural shift from the leaders motivates followers by setting goals and promising a reward when those goals were reached; described by Robbins and Coulter (2012) as transactional leadership. Successful penetration of the new market requires a transformational leader with high degree of emotional intelligence, which includes self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skill (Goleman, 2004).... [tags: market segment, transformational leadership]
1254 words (3.6 pages)
- Building their presence through market penetration not only shifted the paradigm of the auto-industry, however it offered customers top-of-the-line EVs in a market with few other alternatives to ICVs. As discussed in the analysis the success of firm is related to its impact on sustainability, affordability and feasibility as costs inquired after the purchase of the vehicle are diminished or eliminated, i.e oil or gas, certain taxes. Tesla’s further differentiation is visible through its unique design and performance competencies developed through extensive R&D programs and patent protection of its technologies whilst delivering excellence to its luxury niche segment customers.... [tags: Tesla Motors, Tesla Roadster, Elon Musk]
1064 words (3 pages)
- B. Strategies to Defend ICS: Apart from penetration tests there are several strategies that ICS can implement to reduce the vulnerability and make the system. (“Seven steps to effectively defend ICS,” n.d.) Below are the strategies: 1. Implementation of Application Whitelisting (AWL): Detecting ICS cyber-attack is difficult; hence we need Application Whitelisting (AWL). In one of the cyber-attack a malware having 0 percent detection rate compromised 80 percent of the assets of ICS, the antivirus seemed to be not useful in this case.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Penetration test]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Conducting A Market Analysis As an entrepreneur you will be coming up with a business plan for a product or service that you think is going to be a big hit, so where do you go from here. The first thing an entrepreneur should do is conduct a market analysis, which is an in depth assessment of potential target market, competition and need for a product or service. Conducting a market analysis also provides a realistic and honest assessment of the viability of your new idea. It also provides you with critical information and data necessary to successfully start and grow a business.... [tags: Market Analysis Marketing Business]
1499 words (4.3 pages)
- Goals Analysis I was watching a TV commercial in 1974 of a US Navy Destroyer cutting through the water. The caption for that commercial was "Navy. It's not just a job it's an Adventure" That caught my attention and I realized that I had no job and no future at this point in my life. I had no dreams, no ambitions, no goals and that commercial was about to change all of that. That was the start of me setting my life changing goals. Goal setting is a powerful exercise. When you write down your plans, they have a way of becoming a reality.... [tags: Personal Reflection Goals Dreams]
1011 words (2.9 pages)