Unconventional / irregular warfare is normally a conflict between opposing forces whose relative military power differs and strategy or tactics differ from one another. As a result the less technologically advance force will utilize unconventional methods to conduct warfare and exploit the adversary’s weakness. The strategy is to coerce a political body by using clandestine, sabotage and other tactics with a goal of subversion or intimidation. In unconventional warfare civilian populations may be targeted as a means to reduce the legitimate power of the government or political party that it has targeted.
Unconventional warfare targets the commander’s area of responsibilities through any means in order to disrupt, discredit or expel the force from the area. This forces the commander to conduct operations against logical lines of operations (LLO). These LLOs are not the same for conventional engage...
... middle of paper ...
...ors in the evolution of the MAGTF; previous tactics, techniques, and lessons learned in order to respond to the next threat or region. There will be enhancement in equipment, training (both cultural and tactics), personnel (adding civil affairs, economic and infrastructure subject matter experts, agricultural specialist, and an array of other specialist that are needed for the mission.) Through all of these changes the one consistent theme is the premise of the MAGTF, which still remains the core of the Marine Corps force in readiness capable of conducting operations against both conventional and irregular forces.
MCDP 1-0; Marine Corps Operations; Department of the Navy, HQ USMC, Washington D.C. 20308; 27 Sept 2001; pp. 3-10 and 3-11
MCDP 1-0; Marine Corps Operations; Department of the Navy, HQ USMC, Washington D.C. 20308; 27 Sept 2001; p. 10-2
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The event I attended was the Opiate Task Force Meeting and was located at the Cuyahoga Public Health Department in Parma, Ohio on April 26, 2016. I chose this event to help tie in the subject of opiate addiction in Cuyahoga County and the high drug use from East Cleveland in my Windshield survey. I wanted to hear what was happening on the other end, the “helping” portion for the addicts. The mission of the Opiate Task Force is “To serve the residents of Cuyahoga County by actively working to raise public awareness, promote community action, and provide education related to the dangers and devastating effects of drug abuse.” (Cuyahoga County Opiate Task Force, n.d.).... [tags: Drug addiction, Addiction, Heroin, Morphine]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) is an open international community with no formal membership, it is composed for network designers, operators, vendors, and researchers. The main goal is study, analyze, and develop the evolution of the Internet architecture as well as the smooth operation of the Internet. It is open to any interested individual. The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Mission Statement is documented in RFC 3935 which essentially is to make the Internet work better. The IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force) is responsible for the analysis and development of the different protocols used in IP-based networks.... [tags: OSI model, Ethernet, Logical Link Control]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- The source I read was A Time Bomb Inside of You which involves the testimony of three representatives from social service organizations in 1983. The three representatives that provided testimony against Reagan and his administration for their lack of response to AIDS are Virginia M. Apuzzo (Executive Director of National Gay Task Force), Alan Brownstein (Executive Director of National Hemophilia Foundation), and Mel Rosen (Gay Men’s Health Crisis). AIDS was initially thought to be associated with only gay men but other groups were also affected.... [tags: Homosexuality, LGBT, AIDS, Gay]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- Joint Terrorism Task Force What it is A Joint Terrorism Task Force, or JTTF, is an anti-terrorist program formed by various law enforcement agencies that include: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Homeland Security, U.S Coast Guard Investigative Service, U.S Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U.S Customs and Border Protection, the Transportation and Security Administration, U.S Secret Service, Department of State Diplomatic Security Service, state and local law service, and specialized agencies such as the railroad police.... [tags: anti-terrorist programs, law enforcement agencies]
624 words (1.8 pages)
- Our task force, Generation-X, is working to solve the invariant problem, retention, affecting many first-generation students here at the University of Florida by improving upon it through our campus resources. One resource in particular that is not commonly taken advantage of is the Counseling and Wellness Center. The Counseling and Wellness center is the main “provider of counseling, mental health, and psychiatric services for UF students” (https://www.counseling.ufl.edu/cwc/Our-mission.aspx).... [tags: University, Student, Anxiety, College]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- Being famously known in the state of Florida, the Stand Your Ground Laws has caused major uproar in the past years. The Stand Your Ground Laws has let many guilty people get out of going to jail. If people are innocent of the crime they are charged with they should be able to defend themselves and prove their innocence. The Stand Your Ground Laws states that A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if: The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully... [tags: innocence, defensive force]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- In my second interview I would like to introduce Mike Taylor of the Romulus police department task force division. Mike is 25 years old and has no kids, he has a K9 that is his partner and works with him only a daily basis at work. Mike was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida but moved to Romulus to be with his family that lived in the area. Shortly after arriving in Romulus mike started taking criminal justice classes at Wayne State University, About two years later mike graduated from Wayne state and earned his Associate 's degree in criminal justice.... [tags: Police, Crime, Criminal justice]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- The Wright County Public Health Task force gathers and identifies community health problems every four years. Furthermore, the Wright County Public Health Task force gathers and discusses data, trends, and observations and identifies the top ten community priorities within Wright County. Community input was gathered and after discussing data, trends, observations, and experience the top ten priorities within the county (Wright County, 2014). Several consideration are accounted for when collecting data within Wright County such as surveys, ethnicity, social, culture, income, employment, poverty, education and quality health insurance (Wright County, 2014).... [tags: Public health, Epidemiology, Health]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- The Force of Hydropulsion Executive Summary For our project, our client, gave us the task of designing and developing a teaching aid that uses hydrogen to power a mechanical device. This task led us to the construction of a hybrid fuel cell/battery-powered model hovercraft. The hovercraft, which we call “Hovercraftica”, uses a battery to power the lift fan and two hydrogen fuel cells to power the fan that provides thrust. Hovercraftica is a self-contained demonstration unit with every aspect of its propulsion onboard.... [tags: Hydrogen Force Physics Essays Papers]
2743 words (7.8 pages)
- It was a quiet afternoon so crudely interrupted by a knock at the door. A messenger had come with a letter. I took the letter and began reading. It was from my father. The old man was ill and had requested my immediate presence. I gathered my things and mounted my best horse. I arrived at my fathers house before nightfall and was let in by one of his illustrious maids. Her name was Margarette`. She had been tending to my father for many years now. A tall, young lady yet always bleak and deteriorating.... [tags: essays research papers]
1477 words (4.2 pages)