The effects caused by the avoidance in exercising are ambiguous and artificial. This is popular in the position of quick weight loss fixes and dietary supplements. Dietary supplements in general are not FDA approved. The FDA has a warning on their website mentioning it is easier for a company to get a product on the market, than it is for them to remove one from the market! Also, these firms DO NOT need FDA approval before marketing their products. Their marketing strategies used can become successful by excluding information that favor our habits.
Information that includes the importance of combining physical activities with your diet, if you really desire to lose weight and improve your health. Although not all diets are harmful, the short-term methods should not fail to give long-term health benefits. Tw...
... middle of paper ...
...9, Vol. 7 No. Web. Accessed April 13, 2014
L. Bellows, R. Moore. Weight-Loss Products, Programs, and Diets.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Beware of Fraudulent Weight-Loss ‘Dietary Supplements’.
Ryan Jaslow. CDC: 80 percent of American Adults Don’t Get Recommended Exercise.
Alice Park. Lack of Exercise as Deadly as Smoking, Study Finds.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “With the exception of nutrition, more fallacies exist in the area of exercise than in any other area of health” (Dintiman, Stone, Pennington, & Davis, 1984). Exercise produces significant physical and mental benefits and is extremely vital to life. It substantially improves stamina, strengthens and tones muscles, helps prevent diseases, enhances flexibility, controls weight, and prolongs the quality of life. In order to gain all the benefits from exercise and be truly healthy, it is very important to understand and take action with both types of exercise: anaerobic and aerobic.... [tags: Exercise]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Today in the United States roughly 155 million people are overweight or obese. The reason for this outrageous number is largely instigated from the lack of education about health and exercise. Exercise has a wide variety of positive effects on the body and mind that can be categorized into three main parts. Part one describes psychological benefits, including the influences exercise has on the mind and its functions, as well as the behavioral changes it presents. Part two explains the physical qualities that exercise can enhance.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
1497 words (4.3 pages)
- The benefits of exercise are far-reaching. Clinical and epidemiological studies have demonstrated that regular aerobic exercise reduces the risk of death due to heart disease and stroke, aids in reducing weight, helps prevent diabetes mellitus, strengthens bones, and enhances immune function. The psychological benefits are also broad, and most studies suggest a positive relationship between physical fitness and mental achievement. The relationship between regular aerobic exercise and cardiovascular health and longevity is well established.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- You know that famous saying, "You are what you eat". Have you as the young generation of today forgotten this important rule. It is a proven fact that we are seeing more and more overweight people at younger ages. Eating too much fat not only increases the risk for developing heart disease, diabetes, or cancer, it is also the major contributor to those extra pounds of fat you may have added to your figure. Engaging in an exercise program can have dramatic effects on your weight and overall well-being.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
411 words (1.2 pages)
- The first group of people to utilize the benefits of exercise were the Greeks. It was Aristotle a famous philosopher of the time who brought this concept to the people at the time. The word exercise means "Bodily exertion for the sake of developing and maintaining physical fitness." In today’s world you find people from all walks of life, age and sex exercising in some form or another. Whether it be running in a park or lifting weights in a gym, let’s face its here to stay. There are basically three types of exercise.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
412 words (1.2 pages)
- The Benefits of Physical Exercise to the Human Body The benefits of physical exercise in humans far outweighs the harmful effects associated with exercise. A prescription of physical activity has been known to delay the onset or prevention of many chronic diseases. An improvement in heart function, lower blood pressure and improve functional capacity is noticed after just a few weeks of exercising. Physical activity will also result in an increase of lean muscle mass, promote weight maintenance, increased flexibility, and a generally stronger more fit individual.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
2471 words (7.1 pages)
- Exercising is beneficial for health and for longer life. Physical inactivity is considered to be the fourth most common cause of deaths, approximately 3.2 million deaths annually (Giles & Koehle, 2014). Regular exercise decreases the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, cancer, respiratory function and stroke. Many of the least expensive form of exercise such as walking, running, cycling are performed in an outdoor setting, in urban environment most likely close to automobile vehicles (Sharman, Cockcroft & Coombes, 2004).... [tags: physical health, mental health, prolonged life]
1720 words (4.9 pages)
- Lack of exercise is the cause of most health-related issues today. Americans are becoming ill every second from lack of exercise, yet nothing is being done to prevent these diseases. Diet plans and exercise programs are advertised in every corner, yet they are ignored. Many disorders and diseases are preventable, and even curable without the aid of modern technology. Regardless, the illnesses are at an all time high and show no sign of declining. What many individuals fail to realize is how essential fitness is to life.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- The word 'fitness' is very vague as fitness is built up of many factors. The main ones include, general Fitness, aerobic fitness and specific fitness. General fitness is the ability to meet the demands of every day life. General fitness is closely liked with health related fitness and it has several components including Strength the force muscles exert when they contact. Flexibility or suppleness, the range of movement at a joint. Speed, is the ability to move your body or a section of your body quickly.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
484 words (1.4 pages)
- Webster's dictionary defines exercise as bodily activity for the sake of health. Many people in today's society are health conscious. They know that if you exercise you will be helping the body feel better. It will also improve your health. This article explains the benefits of regular exercise. WebMD states that regular physical activity can help the body maintain, repair, and improve itself. Coronary Heart Disease is one of the leading problems for most African Americans. If brisk walking, running, cycling or swimming is done it increase muscle strength of the heart.... [tags: Health, Fitness]
309 words (0.9 pages)