Tourism industry is a booming sector of business emerging recently as the development of civilization. Tourism booms its business
F1 Management style in hotel service:
Management is so much important for any business. Effective management is important to carry out organization goals and strategic strategies with efficient uses of available resources. There are several types of management style founds in action in real world business dealings. They are:
Autocratic management leadership style is the style where management takes the control of decision making and subordinate are required to follow the orders. This the oldest type of management system. It helps to hold the control all over the organization by top management. Autocratic management is effective if standard instructions are needed for execution. It largely depends on capability of management to carry out this leadership. Authoritative management is another form of management. In this management style, top management generally provides long term visions or objectives to the subordinates. It a task oriented jobs which carried out by the subordinates by their own skills and motivation. Affiliative is a process where the management makes the decision via group discussion and takes the necessary steps. It’s a motivational factor for the subordinate to work with enthusiasm and obtain organizational goals. Democratic management style represents that everyman in the organization has something to contribute in the organization. Here all personals are considered as a active body of the organization. Coaching is a management style where appropriate technique and procedures are guided ...
... middle of paper ...
...ciency in dealing with problems.
3) Increasing capabilities to choose from various alternative solutions.
Table3: skills in developing career (self-developed)
In RCH brand, it gives me enough scope to develop my personal skills development. It provides scope to identify my managerial skills with my interpersonal skills. It provides scope to practice newly developed skills and provide feedback on development matter.
P11 Reviewing development needs and development plans
In this some competitive business environment, development needs every day. Business environment is a dynamic world which changes so first. To keep up with the changing environment skill development is essential. We all know that, generally skills are perishable. We need to practice every day to improve skills. So we need to evaluate our skills on timely basis and determine the needs to development.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction: I am doing my marketing case study on Marriott Forest Of Arden hotel and country club. In the heart of the Midlands, set in provincial Warwickshire, yet just 4 miles from the NEC complex and Birmingham Airport. Forest of Arden, a Marriott Hotel & Country Club, one of the top UK’s golf playing destinations. Other than greens, this exquisite country hotel contains much more delights: a heavenly Spa, tennis, gymnasium & in house swimming pool. This hotel has been renovated so now it has got all newly decorated bed rooms including extravagance bedding and fast web.... [tags: Hotel, Hyatt, Hospitality industry, Birmingham]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- Located at 373 Fifth Ave in Manhattan, Hotel 373 is a small, boutique styled hotel nestled in the shadow of the Empire State Building. It’s proximity to one of New York’s most iconic landmarks attracted a booming stream of tourists. Opened in 2007, Hotel 373 is held under the management of the Hersha Hospitality Management Company (HHMC), which also manages over a hundred other hotels within the country. Due to its petite size, the hotel currently operates with seventy rooms and a staff of thirteen employees under the guidance of the general manager, Gary DeSoiza.... [tags: Business Management]
1927 words (5.5 pages)
- Slide 1 The Happy Guest Relationship Management (HGRM) system has seen huge success in its implementation into Hotel Lugano Dante and Hotel Berna’s business operations. The system has allowed for the continued expansion and growth of these hotels, enabling Fontana to provide a five-star customer service experience within a four-star hotel. Through capitalising on technological innovations Fontana was able to achieve these competitive advantages and standout in an otherwise saturated market. The further development of this system will ensure that Fontana is able to sustain this success and promote future growth.... [tags: Hotel, Customer service, Hotels, Star]
1548 words (4.4 pages)
- Introduction: This report discusses my applied study period work experience where I worked at The Midland Hotel. I chose to work at The Midland because I wanted to gain experience at a hotel located in the United Kingdom because I wanted to have a global view of the hospitality industry. In this report, I intend to cover the following areas: an overview of the business, structure of the company, current market position, product information and a critical evaluation of my own experience. Company overview: The QHotels was founded in 2003 and since then it has experienced rapid growth and grown from 2 to 21 hotels in a span of just 8 years.... [tags: qhotels, four star, easy check in, guests]
1646 words (4.7 pages)
- One way they accomplish that is by thinking in a different way than many other companies. One way the Four Seasons is unique is that they start by treating their employees like they wanted their customers to be treated, while at the same time holding them to a high standard. As Mr. Sharp put it, “I didn’t want a complacent ‘good enough’ attitude creeping in.” He made sure his employees aimed for perfection, even if it wasn’t attainable, in the hopes that the customers would notice their great effort to deliver 100% customer satisfaction.... [tags: Hotel, Customer service, Customer, Sales]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- In the hospitality industry, there are several environmental factors that impact hotels. This paper identifies and discusses the three most relevant environmental factors that have an impact on the Accor Hotel Chains in Australia. Additionally, there will be an explanation as to why marketers study buyer behavior. Lastly, when selecting a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion, there are several characteristics that will have an impact on my decision. The Accor Hotel Chains is a group of several chains of hotels spread across the whole of Australia.... [tags: Hotel chains, Hotel, Hospitality industry]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- For the success of any business, there must be effective leadership. It is through good leadership that an organization achieves its goals. An organization that manages its affairs adequately is also prone to high returns. An organization ought to have a good and effective management team so as to accommodate the consistent operational changes in the business environment. Management is therefore the key function in all organizations (Elearn 2007). What management and leadership style do you use and describe why you lead in this way.... [tags: Businesses, leadership, Organizations]
2523 words (7.2 pages)
- After reading the first part of the report, the things I would see as priorities would be initially to develop the knowledge bank on the hotel business overseas. Whilst the process of running a hotel in one country will be very similar to that of running one in another country, there are a number of things the business will not understand, and to avoid risk they need to quickly grasp the peculiarities of the local market quickly. Utilising the team of consultants employed will be critical, no information they provide should be ignored, it will all help.... [tags: Hotel, Management, Hotels, Hotel chains]
1577 words (4.5 pages)
- The Gwinnett Center, which is managed by SMG, includes four major components: o The Convention Center offers 50,000 square feet of exhibit space, 23 meeting rooms, and a 21,600 square foot grand ballroom. o The Arena at Gwinnett Center can accommodate groups from 3,500 in a theater-style setting or up to 13,000 for a major concert or sporting event. The arena also includes 36 corporate suites, 2 party suites, and club seats and hosts Broadway shows and ECHL hockey games. o The 80-acre Gwinnett Center campus also houses a 702-seat Performing Arts Center.... [tags: Hotel, Hotel chains, Jekyll Island, Hampton Inn]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- The need for high-quality leaders in the hospitality industry has been readily recognised and is seen as critical to the long-term well-being of the industry. In recent years, the industry has undergone something of a sea change in its gender composition, with increasing numbers of females graduating from hospitality and tourism management courses. This suggests that the gender composition of managerial ranks is likely to change in the medium term, with concurrent changes in the typical leadership style valued in the industry.... [tags: Tourism Hospitality Travel Essays]
4505 words (12.9 pages)