The newspaper headlines often bring about a clue regarding the status of the economy on a daily basis. We hear from newscasts on the radio and on the television of distressing news of the market rising and dropping daily and just about every website have news regarding the impending gloom of the economy both locally and globally. Corporations cannot hide from budget cutbacks and organizational restructuring and it is inevitable that any improvement will be for the good of preserving the company. Even though many changes occur during the course of transformation; leaders and managers alike will need to learn how to hold to a quality that keeps the employee and the consumer community happy. Within the retail industry the economy drives certain changes within an organization. Corporations must use management strategies to sustain company growth and development while maintaining leadership ethics within a workforce through technology, training and communication.
The economy has affected many businesses recently but in order for any company to remain at the top of their game; they must manage change and create innovation gracefully and instinctually. There are many classifications in the retail world that encompass everyday goods that the consumer needs, want, and purchases. Different roles are present and active when taking a product from design to manufacturing through to the retailer as a sellable product. The ever-shifting economy has affected the retail industry including the service corporations that assist the product manufacturers with representation at “big-box” retailers. One specific company that has been affected is Premium Retail Services. This third-party ...
... middle of paper ...
Ivancevich, J. M. (2007). Human resource management (10th Ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
Jones, G. R., & George, J. M. (2007). Essentials of Contemporary Management (2nd ed.). U.S.A.: McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Kanter, R. M. (1999). The Enduring Skills of Change Leaders. Leader to Leader, No. 13 (Summer, 1999). Retrieved from http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?did=55614266&sid=4&Fmt=4&clientId=74379&RQT=309&VName=PQD
Pearce II, J. A., & Robinson, R. B., Jr. (2009). Strategic management: Formulation, implementation, & control (11th Ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill/Irwin Companies.
Premium Retail Services. (2007). Premium retail services orientation manual. Chesterfield, MO.
Velasquez, M. G. (2006). Business ethics: Concepts and cases (6th Ed.). U.S.A.: Pearson: Prentice Hall.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Since the establishment of the Internet, traditional ‘bricks and mortar’ stores, also known as store-based retailers, have been under siege by online retailers. As stated by Magner (2013), the next five years will observe an increase in online sales, domestically and/or internationally, as it provides consumers with a wider variety of products at competitive prices, no shop-trading hours and no GST payable on purchases made overseas which are under AUD$1000. Furthermore, the retail lifecycle for the majority of store-based retailers has hit the mature to decline phase.... [tags: Technological Advancements, Retail Shopping]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction UK supermarket industry has high level of competition with several big retailers. Waitrose is owned by UK retailer the John Lewis Partnership. Sainsbury is the third supermarket chain in UK. In this report, there is an analysis of retail strategies about Waitrose and Sainsbury. In the supermarket industry, the retail strategies of Waitrose and Sainsbury are compared based on the highly competitive industrial environment. Before the main body, there is an overview of macro environment and competition conditions of supermarket industry of UK.... [tags: Retailing, Supermarket, Marketing, Food]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Today, I will be examining the company Zulily’s. I will be describing Zulily’s target market and marketing strategies, which are used to reach it consumers. Next, I will be describing the revenue and business models and merchandising strategies that Zulily’s incorporate into their company. Last, I will be describing Zulily’s creative photography process, the unique technology and the major issues within the business. ` Zulily’s Target Market Zulily’s tends to focus on moms as their target audience According to Market Realist, Zulily’s target market is women around the aged 25-45.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Marketing strategy]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- What is a Retail Strategy. A retail strategy is a clear and definite plan outlined by a retailer to target a market. Retail strategies aim to build long term relationships with customers. Retail strategies outline the mission and vision of the retail organization. Elements of a Retail Strategy include the target market segments that the retailer plans to focus its retail mix and resources, the retail format to include the retail mix and a sustainable competitive advantage. The Strategic Retail Planning process includes: 1. Defining the business mission 2. Conducting a Situation Audit, Market Attractiveness Analysis, Competitor Analysis and a Self-Analysis of the organization 3. Identifying S... [tags: swot, competition, shopping ]
2173 words (6.2 pages)
- Even the slowdown in current global economies could not bring retail sector down as retailers keep seeking for opportunities overseas to avoid challenging economic condition, which make this sector becoming more globalised and competitive. As an heir of an industrial components retailer, I also believe there are bountiful opportunities to grow in this emerging industry. But without deeply and truly understanding in every aspect of retailing, one could not survive in the battle. For this reason, I would like to pursue my education further by studying Master in retail management to obtain knowledge in retailing and hopefully become successful in the field.... [tags: extracurricular, skills, education]
602 words (1.7 pages)
- 1 - Introduction In recent years there has been major growth in the wider business world surrounding the overall influence that the retailing industry holds and because of which, retailing and the issues that surround it have become a vital influence in today’s global economy. (Fisher & Raman, 2001) It has been said that retailers may no longer compete purely retail activity alone and must incorporate various factors relating to overall efficiency of the whole supply chain and in turn overcoming ever expanding management issues of which arise throughout business activities.... [tags: Retailing, Supermarket, Business ethics]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Starbucks' Business Strategies 1. What are the key elements of Starbucks. strategy as of 2004. The key elements of Starbuck?s strategy were as follows: a. Grow the business by constantly adding more stores around the world: The Company has had tremendous success in opening stores around the world. It has applied its global strategy effectively and has enjoyed increase in sales from global operations. b. Store design, planning and construction are also part of the strategy. The company began to create its own in house architects and designers to design Starbucks locations.... [tags: Starbucks Business Strategies Marketing Essays]
998 words (2.9 pages)
- REPORT On GROWTH OF NEW RETAIL FORMATS IN INDIAN MARKET By DISHA AGARWAL Under the Supervision of A3104614183 Dr. VINOD KUMAR B.COM (H) 2014-17 In Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of B.COM HONOURS At AMITY COLLEGE OF COMMERCE AND FINANCE AMITY UNIVERSITY UTTAR PRADESH SECTOR 125, NOIDA - 201303, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA 2011 DECLARATION Title of NTCC GROWTH OF NEW RETAIL FORMATS IN INDIAN MARKET I declare (a)That the work presented for assessment in this NTCC Report is my own, that it has not... [tags: Retailing, Shopping mall, Shopping, Product]
2074 words (5.9 pages)
- Pretti Parti Pieces’ mission is to be the #1 retailer of party supply, rentals and retail trade in the Maryland area. Its goal is to become a one-stop-shop for all event planning and materials, offering a discounted price, providing prompt and outstanding customer service through its knowledgeable staff. Keys to Success Pretti Parti Pieces industry has several keys to success, maybe one of the largest is preparing for the unseen events without interruption for the host or guests, while the company fulfils all services secured.... [tags: Management, Event planning, Customer service]
711 words (2 pages)
- Retail Merchandising Retail merchandising is a management system of strategic planning and tactical control, directed toward the financial enhancement of an inventory and the profitable distribution of that inventory to the retail consumer. Merchandising enables retailers to make the best use of space and layout. It creates part of the communication process with consumers and focuses on layout, design, traffic flow and display advantage points. It links in with the overall development of a company’s corporate image and strategies, and fits with the organisation’s objectives to enhance and promote image.... [tags: Papers]
1672 words (4.8 pages)