The mastermind behind this circus act of a course is none other than the gracious and revered Dr. Jean Adams. She has forever altered the realm of philosophy with the introduction of the intricate ‘learning triangle.’ This triangle, which more or less resembles a trapezoid, answers the deepest question of the universe, pertaining to how an individual learns and applies material. She implies that learning does not follow a linear accelerated method, but a logical triangular approach, consisting of the learner, content, and context. Adam’s methodology surpasses the metaphysical boundaries of the traditional learning model of the ‘learner-content’ approach. Her opus operandi: allowing the learner to select their own individual content, culminating in an education that is tailored to their own self-interests. Specifically studying material that interests the individual will lead to successful application at Schulich, in personal affairs, and the contemporary marketplace.
The Career Leader Collage is a very constructive and informative quiz that asses, using a theoretical grading scheme, an individual’s strengths and weaknesses. To summarize the epitome of viability, my key interest was concluded to be the application of technology, my key motivator being altruism, and my key skills being time management, assertiveness, and respect to others, all with scores of ...
... middle of paper ...
...ior wall, may lie anguish and displeasure. It is important to unearth the underlying bedrock layer of an individual’s behaviour in order to reveal their true intentions. Being able to distinguish between positive and negative intents can make or break a team. When a boss places pressure upon an employee, it can be seen as a positive motive as he may want to increase productivity, or it can be taken negatively, as he may be bullying the target. Identifying antisocial personalities is another skill that helps distinguish between genuine and manipulative behaviour. Some individuals appear to possess high emotional intelligence, but underneath, their true intentions are narcissistic and consist of sabotage. Emotional intelligence can also be taken too far when a false harmony prevails, it is just one form of intelligence; it should not be allowed to squeeze others out.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- APPENDIX B MANAGEMENT SKILLS DEVELOPMENT ASSIGNMENT (MSDA) <<<<< PRELIMINARY PAPER >>>>> Name: Haris Khalid TA: Shoeb Mohammad 1. Which management skill (from the list provided in Appendix A: Step 1) have you chosen to self-develop this term. Why did you pick this topic. (i.e., give the rationale / reasons for your choice) The management skill I have chosen to self-develop this term is communication. As a manager, being able to effectively communicate with your employees is imperative, however the need to communicate effectively extends far beyond the walls of the office.... [tags: Communication, Nonviolent Communication]
1404 words (4 pages)
- My professional development topic was time management. Ironically, I missed the first professional development assignment. Due to poor time management skills, I did not get the assignment turned in before midnight when it was due. The last 2 semesters at Ivy Tech, spring and summer 2016, I have had poor time management skills. Procrastination is a thing I have always struggled with, and something I want to work on. Time management skills have a good deal of things behind it, such as timeliness in showing up to commitments (such as work and school), timeliness in following through with commitments (such as turning school assignments in), making sure you do things in a timely manner (avoiding... [tags: Management, Time management, Planning]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- This paper is designed to both examine evaluation level use and their implementation in regards to ED 5810 Project management for E-learning Development of Capella University. It discusses the general course and learner outline, application data, pre-delivery check list, levels 1-3 of evaluations and their use, and level 4 theory and hypothetical use. The paper will also provide the tools of evaluation built with levels 1-3 in the Appendices section after References. Course Course Summary ED 5810 Project management for E-learning Development is a 10 Unit course provided by Capella University.... [tags: Management, Project management]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Personal Development is a lifelong process that involves the assessment of current skills and talents and the enhancement of oneself based on that assessment which then leads to the realization of goals and an improved quality of life. To be able to assess yourself, you need to be able to reflect on your past which helps you to understand the attitudes you have developed and the foundation that you will be building your life on. Also, you have to reflect on your present to see if there’s room for improvement and reflect on your future so that you can achieve your aspirations.... [tags: Management, Want, Future, Personal development]
1771 words (5.1 pages)
- Career Development Assignment In order to excel in today’s neck-to-neck competitive working environment, it is very important that one adapts to a more active approach instead of a passive approach when it comes to career development. Additionally, with the growing social networking sites such as LinkedIn or the increasing popularity of job search websites such as Indeed.com, Monster.com, and Simplyhired.com, has led to a greater need to be more proactive in terms of career enhancement. Unlike old days when jobs were more secured and provided less fluidity of moving literally in their designated departments, these days workers face a more dynamic working environment.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Résumé]
1718 words (4.9 pages)
- In this essay, I am going to reflect on my learning and the way it has informed my practice in developing a positive learning environment. I am going to demonstrate my understanding of the need of promoting enabling environment in early years and the changes in my practice since attending university. I will critically evaluate on my own reflective and evaluative skills and I will offer examples of implementing these skills into my practice. I will explain why I decided to nurture the areas from the action plan and how I can achieve the recommended proposals.... [tags: Child Development]
1663 words (4.8 pages)
- The organization I am most familiar with is that of which I am currently employed, Farmhouse Studios is a small company consisting of seven people: The Director/Owner, two managers of equal rank, two designers, a sound engineer, a technician and a secretary. My position is that of one of the managers, my job is to generate new business and oversee day to day production. Farmhouse studios is in the compact disk duplication market, we provide a turnkey service in which company profiles may be set up on CD-Rom for promotional purposes, we also provide audio CD’s along with use of our fully equipped state of the art music studio.... [tags: essays research papers]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- 1. Describe how you handle stressful situations. Stressful situations are very trying to one’s self-esteem and health. I tend to handle moderate stress well, seeing as it typically motivates me. While extreme amounts of stress can immobilize me at moments, and challenge my mental strength. Stress never gets the best of me though. I may struggle, but working past the obstacles and facing them is what I have found to be the best way to deal with stress. 2. Discuss your time management skills.... [tags: High school, Homework, Grade, Ninth grade]
1807 words (5.2 pages)
- Ledingham Chalmers: Professional Skills and Personal Development Executive Summary The subject of this report, estate agencies, and Ledingham Chalmers in particular, were chosen because at some point in everybody's life, property is going to be in the picture, and most likely all business linked to that will be handled through an estate agent's. The reason for choosing property, over so many other possibilities, is that the professional skills required in each of the fields connected to property managing are fairly similar, or at least carry a few basic similarities.... [tags: Business Analysis Management]
1360 words (3.9 pages)
- Change Management of Synergetic Solutions Inc. Nowadays, business world change is an inevitable quality. It is necessary for all management of the companies to prepare for all upcoming technological advances, personnel and organizational changes. In order to minimize the impact of change, every employees need to brainstorm about what will be done tomorrow and the day after that. Therefore, this assignment was made by using three main change management theories which are Theory of Lewin's, Theory of Catastrophe's, and Theory of Herzberg's.... [tags: Psychology Business Management Analysis]
1959 words (5.6 pages)
- Analysis Of The Book ' The Cabin '
- Leadership, Passion, And Sage
- An Examination Of The Internet Induced Defamation, And The Interpretation On The Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Relationship Between The United States And Other Nations
- The Role Of A Caretaker
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act Of The United States Court Case